News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 End of an era

Author Topic: End of an era  (Read 2694 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
End of an era
« on: April 23, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »

I will be going to Grimsby on Monday and Eastbourne next week to mark the end of an era:-
For all the effort it took in the first place, particularly to Eddie and Val.
For Colin Little and the goals that kept us in it.
For drawing away at Oxford and playing the likes of wrexham and Darlington away.
Greg Young
Chris Senior
James Robinson

I'm sure there is much more but it would be too easy just to be angry about it all.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

Re: End of an era
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »

I'm not watching us again this season. It's become too painful. I'll be back full of enthusiasm when the pre season friendlies begin, and bubbling with optimism (well at least to start with !)

It's a long way to Grimsby to face the prospect of half a team who can't be arsed, and the 5.15 kick off on the last day is a joke.

Steve-o

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »

Great post Phil Power

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 01:32:38 AM »

There has been a lot of highs,and a lot of lows over the last 6 years. From that 3-0 spanking at Stevenage on the opening day of 2005/06, to the 5-1 at St Albans, to the 1-0 at Darlington a few weeks ago,to FGR 2 weeks ago. I know it's not over, and I will keep believing we will get 6 points, but will it be enough. Either way, I will be there next season and cheering on the team,whoever they are!!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Lew Needham

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 04:17:00 AM »

It is an end of an era and i know lots of us moan about the players not putting the effort in but if you play week in and week out when the opposition is just generally better than u there is nothing you can do. For all the will in the world better better footballers will beat try hards.

I think on the whole in the last 6 years weve been privileged to have some players who punched above their weight, everyone moans like we've never seen a worse team but we have, in 20 years if watching alty i'vre seen a lot worse.

For my liking some people were far too jolly today, just hope we all stay together cos altho its bad we've been in a worse situation and pulled through....keep me alty till my dying day!!!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »

I will be going to Grimsby on Monday and Eastbourne next week to mark the end of an era:-
For all the effort it took in the first place, particularly to Eddie and Val.
For Colin Little and the goals that kept us in it.
For drawing away at Oxford and playing the likes of wrexham and Darlington away.
Greg Young
Chris Senior
James Robinson

I'm sure there is much more but it would be too easy just to be angry about it all.

When I think that Eddie Hussin virtually ended his career to get us over the finishing line into the BSP I could weep at some of today's players. One in particular I'd like to put in a dark room with Eddie.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »

I forgot last day was a 17.15 kick off,i was going to drive up and back to watch em,but will not be now ,1500 kick off would have nmade a difference.I still hold out some hope though of us staying up.
Harold

York Alty

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:19:26 PM »

guts playing up already at the thought of saturday..

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »

Hope they have plenty of loo rolls in the Gents for Saturday  ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 End of an era