PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gutless
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Gutless  (Read 16617 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gutless
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »

I'm not going to do deep analysis, everyone knows what they saw yesterday and a lot has been said..  It was a collective bad day at the office on the worst day it could have come.

That combined with the timings of the goals that could not have been much worse. 3 mins, then we huff and puff, 25 mins and they see the half out.

Just as we are thinking all is not lost, it is on 55 mins.

I just feel so frustrated we didn't show what we can do although maybe they never really gave us that chance.

A sad day on the pitch but proud of the support we took.  And no one will take Tuesday night away from me, meaningless now or not.

Just sorry I can't give you several goodwins for that post Ecky!
Gutted but realistic.

I've been down many times over the last 48 years but it just makes the next success all the sweeter. I would never have thought, a few years after watching us getting battered 6-0 at Holly Park, Allerton that a few years later we'd win at Wembley then win 2 titles on the trot.

We may not do all that again any time soon, but we will be back!!!!!!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2013, 10:29:34 PM »

Tuesday night, and Jake's goal in particular will never be meaningless. It was one of the greatest nights at Moss Lane for years and shows that we are back on the right track, this is the start of the next chapter and August cannot come soon enough.
Still get shivers down my spine thinking about it now, probably will in years to come.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »

For me we just stand off the opposition too much. Chester punished us for it and so did Brackley.

The good news was we had plenty of time to realise we were going to lose.

I was really dreading it going to penalties!

How is it you can drink Alcohol while watching the match at Brackley?

robins1978

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 10:54:01 PM »

For me we just stand off the opposition too much. Chester punished us for it and so did Brackley.

The good news was we had plenty of time to realise we were going to lose.

I was really dreading it going to penalties!

How is it you can drink Alcohol while watching the match at Brackley?
Shouldnt of happened unless they didnt check all bags on entry to ground. My bag was checked obviously not all were or they were concealed elswhere.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 11:10:58 PM »

Yes bottles and cans shouldn't have made it in but you could buy a pint in the bar and drink it on the terrace, just like several other grounds in BSN - Oxford City, Bishops Stortford

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 12:34:51 AM »

Yes bottles and cans shouldn't have made it in but you could buy a pint in the bar and drink it on the terrace, just like several other grounds in BSN - Oxford City, Bishops Stortford
Oxford Gold at Oxford City totally relieved the loss of two points (or was it pints ?)  ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gutless