Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Unbelievable! What is going on on this forum?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Unbelievable! What is going on on this forum?  (Read 7961 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 19, 2011, 04:21:39 PM »

People are entitled to their opinions but I would think that as fans of our club we would at least be able to have a fresh start and go in to the season with a few simple guidelines...

1) Allow players to kick a ball before judging them
2) not make unreasonable demands of our manager (who has already signed 5 players, and made plans for pre season)
3) have at least a little bit of optimism (not saying we will storm the league...but we are fans we should at least have some bloody belief)
4) have some appreciation for how our club is run.

I make the last point because looking round other clubs' forums and websites a lot of clubs don't tell their fans anything, RE staff, players etc.

Some of the posts are simply beyond belief recently. We are going in to this season for a fresh start, this could be a new beginning for the proud club Altrincham FC, let's get some pride and some bloody sense back in to this club and its fanbase and not all act like Dennis Birch ffs. If you want to be pessimistic about this team let's at least wait to see how the team looks in PSFs

Come on you Robins
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:24:59 PM by NickyClee'sClickyKnee »
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Unbelievable! What is going on on this forum?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:28:42 PM »

Weve out done ourselves this time.People have short memories,this time last year we had made ONE new signing,and ive known the manager go away on holiday once preseason has already started in the  past. Here is a challenge to those that keep saying "underwhelmed" "poor signing" etc, give me a list of 5 players we should have signed,I know nothing about the new faces and even less about the bsn after such a long absence,so please,somebody give me 5 names, not "we need a striker,we need a midfielder" 5 names

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »

And whats more,should any of the new batch not be up to standard i would rather we found that out in preseason rather  than waiting until ten games into the season to try and change it

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »

I know for a fact that at least 1 of the new signings is on non contract terms, and to be honest I imagine most of them would be. It is not going to be a massive problem if one of them turns out to be dire over pre season.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »

In fairness, there are only about three people on here who seem to be moaning about everything. Fair chance they're just WUMs.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »

Christ Harpended, don't be saying that you'll have the forum martyrs on here...

Bring back gunners I say, what a WUM!

markecky

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »

Harpenden has just stolen my point.

Its very very hard but you have to remember its only three or four people who want to take totally the opposite view in order to start a row.

Its an odd outlook.

People have no idea if Lee Sinnott has spent his whole "holiday" on the phone.  They also have no idea what instructions he has left for Neil Tolson.

However the view that he has been ringing home a lot and Neil has been busy isn;t an interesting one as its unlikely to get people backs up.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »

Christ Harpended, don't be saying that you'll have the forum martyrs on here...

Bring back gunners I say, what a WUM!

He was awesome.

John Crewe

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »

Weve out done ourselves this time.People have short memories,this time last year we had made ONE new signing,and ive known the manager go away on holiday once preseason has already started in the  past. Here is a challenge to those that keep saying "underwhelmed" "poor signing" etc, give me a list of 5 players we should have signed,I know nothing about the new faces and even less about the bsn after such a long absence,so please,somebody give me 5 names, not "we need a striker,we need a midfielder" 5 names

To be fair I have not heard anyone being critical about any of the new signings. I think you miss the point.

My point is that the club should be looking to bounce back to BSP and should not be looking to consolidate in the BSN as some posters on here would welcome. Dont be scared to win!

Jenga

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »

The manager, the players, the staff and all the fans stink - end of.

;D

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 05:08:21 PM »

Harpenden has just stolen my point.

Its very very hard but you have to remember its only three or four people who want to take totally the opposite view in order to start a row.

Its an odd outlook.

People have no idea if Lee Sinnott has spent his whole "holiday" on the phone.  They also have no idea what instructions he has left for Neil Tolson.

However the view that he has been ringing home a lot and Neil has been busy isn;t an interesting one as its unlikely to get people backs up.

To be fair, this thread was mainly aimed at you and your ridiculous attacks on the club!  ;)

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »

To be fair I have not heard anyone being critical about any of the new signings. I think you miss the point.

My point is that the club should be looking to bounce back to BSP and should not be looking to consolidate in the BSN as some posters on here would welcome. Dont be scared to win!

A couple of people have.

Nobody wants to hang around in the BSN. Why would they? Some of us are just realistic enough to acknowledge that it isn't going to be a piece of piss. We might have to do it via playoffs. We might even, shock horror, have to give Lee two seasons to build a title-winning squad.

Either way, we certainly shouldn't sack him if we're not running away with the league before Christmas  ::)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 05:14:17 PM »

Ive not missed any point,the manager has said in every interview he has done that he wants to build a team capable of getting up and staying up.Im also bewildered that you think a man should cancel his summer holiday when he wont see his wife and kids on a saturday for the next ten months.And shouldnt have been given the job because he had a holiday booked.We have no idea who is lined up to come in,maybe some players have been lined up to sign,but are actually away on holiday at present aswell.

John Crewe

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 05:24:57 PM »

Ive not missed any point,the manager has said in every interview he has done that he wants to build a team capable of getting up and staying up.Im also bewildered that you think a man should cancel his summer holiday when he wont see his wife and kids on a saturday for the next ten months.And shouldnt have been given the job because he had a holiday booked.We have no idea who is lined up to come in,maybe some players have been lined up to sign,but are actually away on holiday at present aswell.

I fully agree with you that the manager is fully determined to get the club back up. He understands the remit.

It is the fans of the club on this forum who seem pensive about any talk about going straight back up or being favorites to win the league.

I have watched and been involved with a lot of football at this level in the north east over the last few years. The standard is not great but you need to be a little bullish otherwise you will get bullied

I just hope the club gets back to where it was in my day

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 06:07:39 PM »

People are entitled to their opinions but I would think that as fans of our club we would at least be able to have a fresh start and go in to the season with a few simple guidelines...

1) Allow players to kick a ball before judging them
2) not make unreasonable demands of our manager (who has already signed 5 players, and made plans for pre season)
3) have at least a little bit of optimism (not saying we will storm the league...but we are fans we should at least have some bloody belief)
4) have some appreciation for how our club is run.

I make the last point because looking round other clubs' forums and websites a lot of clubs don't tell their fans anything, RE staff, players etc.

Some of the posts are simply beyond belief recently. We are going in to this season for a fresh start, this could be a new beginning for the proud club Altrincham FC, let's get some pride and some bloody sense back in to this club and its fanbase and not all act like Dennis Birch ffs. If you want to be pessimistic about this team let's at least wait to see how the team looks in PSFs

Come on you Robins
no football means arguments,  people make mountains out of molehills on here, just play the game and put agreed every post, I don't know what this sinnot things about tbh bald men toothless comb comes to mind
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team