News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hayes & Yeading

Author Topic: Hayes & Yeading  (Read 1807 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Hayes & Yeading
« on: May 28, 2011, 04:51:24 PM »

interesting goings on down south...having organized a groundshare with Woking, a 50 mile round trip from their current ground, half their fanbase is saying they'll no longer be attending. They've apparently had a 60% budget cut (hardly suprising) and word on the grapevine is their manager Garry "Full time is cheaper than part time" Haylock has just walked out basically saying there's not chance of them staying up! How they even stayed up for 2 seasons is beyond me but it seems to me like they will get destroyed next season.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hayes & Yeading
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »

I fail to see why they didn't just stay at Church Road until their new ground was ready to move into. They could conceivably be getting crowds of about 100 next season if the above is true.
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 05:04:14 PM »

I have a friend who supports them, he said the building company wouldn't give them the money until they had Church Road so they couldn't renovate the one they're moving in to. Or something, I don't think the fans were happy with he merger in the first place!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

roytonmike

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 07:02:46 PM »

I fail to see why they didn't just stay at Church Road until their new ground was ready to move into. They could conceivably be getting crowds of about 100 next season if the above is true.
I suspect the answer to that is that they would have to guarantee staying there for the whole of next season, which the builders would not allow them to do. I look forward to seeing what their midweek gates in particular will be like - two-figure 'crowds' are a distinct possibility.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 10:12:16 PM »

Construction was well under way on their car park before the end of the season. I understand that they had to get some of the social housing built early in order to get paid, hence the issue. Whether it will end happily is another issue, too much hanging on hope I'd say. As said there will be no one watching at Kingfield and if the money doesn't actually materialise then we could have another expunged team next season.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 12:59:38 PM »

When we played there I think the attendance was just over 400 including about 100 Alty fans.
So if half their fan base are going to leave they could quite easily play for crowds of around 100. Their problem has been getting very poor local support.
To be fair to their team they did remarkably well to escape relegation as they are by far the worse team that I have seen over the past 2 years.
I am amazed thta they have survived 2 seasons in the conference. Maybe Scouseport have earmarked them for change of places?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hayes & Yeading