PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton V York trouble FA Decsion
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Luton V York trouble FA Decsion  (Read 4445 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 19, 2010, 12:12:03 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8926313.stm

Just a couple of points -

There is no way York should be penalised for the fault of 'Luton's supporters' - any cost incured because of having to stay overnight or extra police costs at Bootham Crescent should be paid for by Luton - Simple

Of course it wasn't Luton Town FC's fault that the trouble happened, but the trouble happened in and around theirground by their supporters, as far as i'm concerned they should suffer a penalty because of this. A precedent has been set where by now clubs will say 'well it wasn't our fault' and 'Luton were never penalised' Of course they should be doing all they can to find the culprits - AND ? Do they want a trophy for doing this ?

I think the FA have got this majorly wrong, i'm not saying they should be docked 20 points or fined £100,000 (even though they could afford it seeing as though they can afford to turn their noses up at TV money) but some sort of penalty should have been given

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Luton V York trouble FA Decsion
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 12:26:12 PM »

Incredible decision by the numbty's at the FA once again..............not even a censure

I don't think the FA need to come down all heavy handed, but they must be seen to be handing out some sort of punishment. This for me would have ranged from playing their opening game behind closed doors to a £3000 fine
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 12:37:13 PM »

York City were threatened with a heavy fine by the FA when a couple of giddy youngsters dented a fence in the away end at Woking a few years ago.

300 people running onto the pitch, pelting opposing fans with missiles and forcing opposition players into the stands under the threat of serious assault, all recorded and broadcast to the world on television and no action.

Sensible stuff, and they wonder why the English game is in such a state.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »

The FA can't even sort out routine paperwork such as international clearance for one of our players. How on earth can we expect them to get this right as well?

Incompetent arseholes who have no idea about football or the people who watch it.
Come on Alty!

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »

Disgraceful. Just what had to happen for this to be taken seriously?! Deaths?!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »

What a fkn surprise... Just last week I actually rang the FA to ask them what was happening about this incident.. I was told that Luton had not been let off and that investigations were still ongoing...

FA..... you are a  lying spineless bunch of corrupt Bastards...

I knew they would let luton off

It will take someone to fkn die before the FA do anything.

One rule for the big names and one for the part time clubs..

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 01:59:10 PM »

Not a great surprise to be honest, and mirrors to a certain extent the same decision made concerning Boreham Wood, one of who's fans entered the field of play and struck a Kingstonian player in the Ryman Play Off Final. BW won the game and got promoted, Kingstonian stay down despite a valid argument that their players had one eye on the crowd after the incident.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »

Not a great surprise to be honest, and mirrors to a certain extent the same decision made concerning Boreham Wood, one of who's fans entered the field of play and struck a Kingstonian player in the Ryman Play Off Final. BW won the game and got promoted, Kingstonian stay down despite a valid argument that their players had one eye on the crowd after the incident.

The Boreham Wood incident was even more worrying. It's all very odd. Even if Luton or Boreham Wood only got suspended £100 fines it would at elast be something.

I'm stopping here because I despair.

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 03:04:36 PM »

Cant see how the FA could be satisfied that Luton did everything in their power?

Have more stewards? Pay for more policing?

Stop repeatedly letting known football hooligans into your football ground?

Crackers! A green light for trouble at Kenilworth Road in the coming weeks.

YorkyAlty

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »

Unbelievable! but not surprising

Speechless! About to tell York City supporting fiancee, am expecting some expletives!

Dave

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »

SPEECHLESS >:(

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:53 PM »

Absolute bollocks!!!
Luton are responsibile for the behaviour of their own fans inside the ground. It IS Luton stewards fault their fans got onto the pitch.
OR was it a case that Luton were so arrogant that they didnt have a plan in place should they not win.
Their stewards were able to contain York fans but not their own.
Luton's stewards are awful. Their idea of crowd control is to Police the front of the away end and harras any away fans that dare put a foot on the yellow lines of the gangways. I had a major row with them ignoring basic Health and Safety at our FA Cup tie and wrote a letter of complaint twice to Luton - of course I didnt get a reply. In hindsight I should have sent a copy to the FA - but I wouldnt expect them to act.
Luton should have been punished with at least a two match ground closure. However this would have had to have been against us.
I think York should be allowed to bill Luton for the extra costs OR ban away fans for that particular game, which means York losing gate money.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 07:10:08 PM »

Abysmal, feeble and cowardly decision.

Altyant

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 08:57:21 PM »

York City were threatened with a heavy fine by the FA when a couple of giddy youngsters dented a fence in the away end at Woking a few years ago.

300 people running onto the pitch, pelting opposing fans with missiles and forcing opposition players into the stands under the threat of serious assault, all recorded and broadcast to the world on television and no action.

Sensible stuff, and they wonder why the English game is in such a state.

Couldnt agree more

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »

Abysmal, feeble and cowardly decision.

And how sad that it is totally what I, and many others, expected.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team