PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a result
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What a result  (Read 13544 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: What a result
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »

Sinnott got away with his awful selection today. They played the first half like they had never met before and we're all over the place. The replacement of Perry by Reeves at h/t made such a difference, although the 1 man advantage was important too (although in typical Alty style we made hard work of it).
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »

Full time and proud of it

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »

Sinnott got away with his awful selection today. They played the first half like they had never met before and we're all over the place. The replacement of Perry by Reeves at h/t made such a difference, although the 1 man advantage was important too (although in typical Alty style we made hard work of it).

Same as the Grimsby side I believe plus Perry was responsible for setting up our only chance of the half (for Gillespie) so did quite well I think. Reeves has been quiet in recent games so I can see why Lee has gone with this team. Brilliant response from him though and when given the opportunity to attack and swing balls into the box then there's no other player better suited to the job.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 07:10:37 PM »

I wonder what the future holds for Gillespie. Two glaring misses from 12 and 8 yards in his last three games. 1 goal in 8 starts plus a few sub appearances. You'd even pick KP ahead of him at the minute, which is a frightening thought.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:12:09 PM by eightiesrobin »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2014, 07:19:53 PM »

Cant believe what i have just witnessed , a most bizarre game indeed , to hear both sets of supporters singing you don't know what your doing was funny , proud of the way the lads fought back .

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2014, 08:00:19 PM »

Cant believe what i have just witnessed , a most bizarre game indeed
Yes, that is the overriding feeling, particularly after being 2 down at half time. I'm glad we were able to make the extra man count in the end but I have no issues with the ref's decisions to send all 3 off. Full marks to him for being consistent. 

Excellent performance from Alty.  :)

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2014, 08:52:57 PM »

will there be any highlights available ?
Come on you red and white........

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 09:02:35 PM »

Couldn't believe the stupidity of Bishop. Already booked, could surely see the ref wouldn't show leniency, and dives in like a Liverpool Alehouse League defender !

It was obviously the turning point of the game, but I'd already formed the opinion that it was the poorest Wrexham side I've ever seen. They could soon be in serious contention for the drop zone on their current form.

We were poor in the first half, but full marks for the professional manner in which we made our numerical advantage count.

Just a word of sympathy for Steve Gillespie.....the ball took a dreaful bobble just as he was about to stroke it home. I still think he has plenty to offer us.

ripleym

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »

Fuming.

Today was the Conference photography challenge day for the month of November and I wasn't there.

I reckon a photo of the celebrations for our third would have nailed it.

robins1978

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 10:25:10 PM »

will there be any highlights available ?
Search Wrexham FC on you tube. Interview with their manager on there already after today's game.  If you want full highlights you have to subscribe but there should be goals/sendings off at least in a brief highlights video.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 10:33:28 PM »

They were recording everything, from the arrival of Perry, Marshall, Clee and others and their walk in, so it will be posted on You Tube, I am sure

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »

What a fantastic result and never gave up, well done lads. The wounds from Blyth beginning to heal slowly but surely.

Hamilton

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2014, 10:47:54 PM »

I wonder what the future holds for Gillespie. Two glaring misses from 12 and 8 yards in his last three games. 1 goal in 8 starts plus a few sub appearances. You'd even pick KP ahead of him at the minute, which is a frightening thought.

KEVIN PIETERSEN?!?!?!

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2014, 10:53:00 PM »

Cant believe we didnt score 4, not happy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What a result