Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should fans stick to one forum name in future?

Poll

Should the Forum be changed so that fans have to stick to one forum name in future,..like most forums ?

Yes
- 29 (51.8%)
No
- 22 (39.3%)
undecided
- 5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: November 15, 2016, 11:17:02 PM

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Should fans stick to one forum name in future?  (Read 13027 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016, 11:17:02 PM »

I am on quite a few forums and the Alty fans forum is the only one where usernames can be changed at will.

Although regular users can usually work out who people are, a lot of less frequent visitors do get very confused who people are and their personalities are confused.

On the plus side some of the names are very amusing.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Should fans stick to one forum name in future?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:28:06 AM »

In fairness, the people that have a tendency to change their names on a regular basis are easily identifiable by the style of their posts. It's hardly an attempt to escape detection.

In any case, do we really have to know who a poster is in person for their message to be valid?

I actually voted undecided because I like the feel of the fence posts between.......ahemm, I've no real wish to change mine, but I've also no real wish to stop other people changing theirs.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty is back

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:19:46 AM »

Freeish internet. Change at will people.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 08:25:35 AM »

I agree that it can sometimes take a while to work out who is who, however, If people want to change usernames then who are we to dictate to them.

The next thing will be a poll to ask "should topics be deleted if they criticise the club etc.

I don't change mine and I care not whether or not people know who I am

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 08:49:10 AM »

I personally think its absurd that we should have fixed pseudonym's.

Its a pseudonym, if someone wants to know who exactly it is behind the fake name they have made up to represent themselves on this forum they should just ask.

Otherwise just start another forum where everyone has to use their own names only and then their opinions will be judged based on 'who they really are' which is just someones opinion anyway.

If something is posted on here you agree with you have the option to post and agree. If someone posts something on here which you disagree with then you have the option to post and disagree. If someone posts something offensive then the moderators will remove it, regardless of their pseudonym. If someone repeatedly posts personal abuse they will have their account removed.

Maybe its certain peoples attitudes to those who say anything that goes against the grain that causes people to change pseudonyms in the first place. Maybe its jut a bit of fun. Maybe we take ourselves far too seriously???

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »

I have to remember far too much in life already without the need to keep trying to work out who has changed their username and who they were before.

Its already a psuedoname therefore anonymous if you so wish, but absolutely no need to change it.  I take far more notice of posts where I recognise the username rather than a new random name with 4567 posts who I think, I'm sure they've been around a while but I dont remember them.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 02:21:48 PM »

Its a pseudonym, if someone wants to know who exactly it is behind the fake name they have made up to represent themselves on this forum they should just ask.

Otherwise just start another forum where everyone has to use their own names only and then their opinions will be judged based on 'who they really are' which is just someones opinion anyway.

If something is posted on here you agree with you have the option to post and agree. If someone posts something on here which you disagree with then you have the option to post and disagree. If someone posts something offensive then the moderators will remove it, regardless of their pseudonym. If someone repeatedly posts personal abuse they will have their account removed.

Maybe its certain peoples attitudes to those who say anything that goes against the grain that causes people to change pseudonyms in the first place. Maybe its jut a bit of fun. Maybe we take ourselves far too seriously???
who moderates the moderators ... tickle tickle
Come on you red and white........

York Alty is back

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 02:26:06 PM »

Trickster trickster.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:28:14 PM »

King monkey

He who reddens chins

When he dribbles middle earth feels the downpour

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 03:47:57 PM »

might change my name to Hollands pies though.ROFL
Harold

Ashley Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »

I have changed my name on here as I have moved house and around the country.  I think they. Have been pretty accurate and a lot of regular Alty fans work out who I am each time.  I voted no in this as I believe in freedom of choice  :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 09:19:32 PM by Opposite Alty »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 08:17:08 PM »

This thread in no way makes me think you view the forum as something that creates negativity about the club and wanted to see it administered by the club.

No Siree.

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »

Never mind we've won about 5 games in a calendar year,and the chairman keeps slagging of fans in the NLP I'm more concerned about people changing their names on a forum.

GB Alty

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 09:07:50 PM »

Never mind we've won about 5 games in a calendar year,and the chairman keeps slagging of fans in the NLP I'm more concerned about people changing their names on a forum.
Well said Jimmy

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »

I haven't got a clue who anyone is. It doesn't matter. Play the ball, not the man.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team