News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Conference club to resign from the league in the summer

Author Topic: Conference club to resign from the league in the summer  (Read 3259 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »

http://www.teambath.com/2009/04/teambath-fc-resigns-from-blue-square-conference/

Seemingly giving Thurrock a coveted AGM cup winners medal.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Conference club to resign from the league in the summer
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 02:20:37 PM »

That's Farruck to you my old san!  ;)

Come on Alty!

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »

Shame really. They made a lot of progress through the leagues, but they were never going to get anywhere with crowds of 102 and a dog called Gerald.

Narcissist

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 03:58:30 PM »

Id love to know why Team Bath arent allowed to go up, presumably something to do with their university status, yet clubs like Northwich are allowed to carry on, Lewes go up only to surrender themselves financially and all the other farcical clubs that exist at this level bending the rules to Norway and back.

The conference is a bloody mess. I can think of 10 clubs they should be sanctioning before a well run university side.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:30 PM »

Id love to know why Team Bath arent allowed to go up, presumably something to do with their university status, yet clubs like Northwich are allowed to carry on, Lewes go up only to surrender themselves financially and all the other farcical clubs that exist at this level bending the rules to Norway and back.

The conference is a bloody mess. I can think of 10 clubs they should be sanctioning before a well run university side.

I can't believe I've just read this!

Starter for 10. Who funds this teams world class sports facilities and team of ex pros?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »

Starter for 10. Who funds this teams world class sports facilities and team of ex pros?

Maybe they have a whip round in the student union bar each Friday night ?..........but then again, I bet those at Baaaaarth are all egg chasing pant droppers anyway
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Longman

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »

That is genuinely quite sad reading.

I agree with the posts highlighting the fact that crooked clubs like Northwich etc can carry on when a well run model club are told they cannot progress any further!

Altyroo

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »

sad news from team Bath.

Teams should be allowed to progress through the leagues if they win promotion. Otherwise there is no point in the league pyramid.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 06:25:59 PM »

sad news from team Bath.

Teams should be allowed to progress through the leagues if they win promotion. Otherwise there is no point in the league pyramid.

No they should not............unless they play by the same rules as everyone else has to.

I don't know too much about Team Bath, for all I know they may actually be getting a raw deal in all this, but nobody should be automatically promoted just because they finish top. For example, they may be able to 'afford' the best players because they don't pay their bills to the local businesses or pay their taxes. They may have spent nothing on their ground for years and have inferior floodlights etc, whereas other clubs have played by the rules and cannot compete.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »

woah there.  if you finish top of your leagues AND you meet the ground criteria then up you go.  Full Stop. How on earth are you going to factor in quality of finance and financial stability.  Soton have found a way possibly around a 10 point deduction.  that set of clowns from OT owe oodles as do l'pool, Chelsea etc. yet they are euro top dogs but we won't penalise them. 

No no.  If a business decides to invest ££££s in a gamble on promotion and they do that in accordance with the law of the game and the land then that's fine by me.  If it turns out well then well done them, if it turns out sour then sorry but blame the board as it is they who made a business decision.

Narcissist

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 08:01:23 AM »

Are you talking about Arsenal, the university or the tax payer?

So what rules have they broken? We're currently receiving funds from Man Utd in return for a service to them. Do you think the behaviour of Vics this season for example warrants less sanction than this?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »

woah there.  if you finish top of your leagues AND you meet the ground criteria then up you go.  Full Stop. How on earth are you going to factor in quality of finance and financial stability.  Soton have found a way possibly around a 10 point deduction.  that set of clowns from OT owe oodles as do l'pool, Chelsea etc. yet they are euro top dogs but we won't penalise them. 

No no.  If a business decides to invest ££££s in a gamble on promotion and they do that in accordance with the law of the game and the land then that's fine by me.  If it turns out well then well done them, if it turns out sour then sorry but blame the board as it is they who made a business decision.

100% agree with you.

What I was saying, is being denied promotion is the correct decision when a team does not play by the rules i.e they do not meet ground grading criteria for the division above, probably because they diverted their funds into the playing squad instead. 

I suppose I should have included something to say that the rules that must be followed are the actual FA or League rules and not the rules of the Inland Revenue or the moral 'rules' of sportsmanship that most clubs adhere to
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:53:09 AM by Mick »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 10:54:51 AM »

Are you talking about Arsenal, the university or the tax payer?

So what rules have they broken? We're currently receiving funds from Man Utd in return for a service to them. Do you think the behaviour of Vics this season for example warrants less sanction than this?

I think even Northwich could sort themselves out with millions of ppounds in funding for the tax payer. Do you think Team Bath are doing me and you a servie by playing a load of ex pros? you pay for them then. I'm not. A completely different thing old chap and badly skewered.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »

The cosy romantic image of Team Bath involves plucky university students who have battled their way to a couple of divisions below the Football League.  The actual truth is a very grey area between university department and football club in terms of how they are funded - including considerable sums of taxpayers money.  No great loss in my view.

Bath Alty

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »

Certainly the facilities up there are excellant (and graced by my Alty shirt once a week!).  They are completely funded by the tax payer and Bath City fans certainly feel it's most unfair that this team of freeloaders get all the publicity while they struggle on against the egg chacers for crowds.  It's been evened up a bit recently as TB pay to ground share with BC and BC get to use the facilities for training.

It's a shame a chance of getting an Alty trip to Bath has gone but they won't be missed in the City of Bath.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team