PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jack Swindells is 72 on 12th April
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jack Swindells is 72 on 12th April  (Read 5594 times)

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

Re: Jack Swindells is 72 on 12th April
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 07:42:49 AM »

Sadly I can't make it today. but the new owner of A17Y FC will be there to buy the guys a drink.
Great that Jackie's strike partner Johnny Worth will be there!.
Happy Birthday Jackie, let's hope the ciurrent team will be inspired by your presence!

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »

I have so many fond memories of watching him in the famous red shorts ....
Can't we play in red shorts today as a tribute? If there's one thing I'd change about Alty it would be to go back to the red shorts.

I am old enough to have seen Jackie play for Alty but I was too young (8 or 9) to really understand that I was watching a legend. Great to see that he's still getting the respect he deserves.
Happy Birthday Jackie!

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2009, 03:43:15 PM »

Happy Birthday Jackie,do you rememebr having a kickabout with my father at Richards in Broadheath,he's always telling me about it.
I remember both Jackie and Johnny playing for Alty, good days.
Harold

chas

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »

I had the pleasure of meeting the great man today, and asked if he had brought his boots, if so he could get a game. He said he had and would come on for the last 20 mins !
Altys greatest by far, a true legend and the reason I have been hooked on Alty since the mid 60s.
The 7 goals scored against Chester to win the Cheshire County League in `67 stands out most, but every game he played he either scored or looked likely to. 

markecky

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2009, 09:38:29 PM »

Him and Jonny Worth must be buzzing tonight....they were getting loads of attention and rightly so.

Must be nice to be remembered 40 years, and mainly by people who never even saw you play. 

Now thats a legend...

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »

i remember that game at Chester Reserves.Good to see Johnny Worth got some attention as well,just wish i could have been up in Alty i would have taken my dad along.
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 02:39:45 AM »

It was awesome to see them both at the game. I personally didn't go and speak to them because I was in awe of them (although I was lucky enough to meet SirJackie at a SAFE function a few years ago).

Anyway, the point I'm going to make is that I believe Johnny Worth was a good old fashioned centere forward, well by God how well did he look today? He was as fit as a fiddle, very well cut, looked as if he could still go toe to toe with a centre half even now. How old is he ? 70 odd? Tell you hat, I'd pay a million pound to look that trim at his age, WORLDS HARDEST!!

Bravo to you both gentlemen, true legends, in the real sense of the word.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 08:42:24 AM »

I spoke to the great man before and after the game and he even offered to buy me a drink.. What a lovely charming man he is. It was truly great to see and speak to both Jackie and Johnny again after such a long time. On a personal note it bought great memories flooding back for me of halcyon days where the great Alty swept all before them... It was also great to cap the day off by the current crop of lads working their socks off to gain a great point off what is a good Kidderminster team, the weather was superb, and all in front of a decent crowd... Premiership Football and all the prima donnas?   Give me the BSP every time..

PS I hope we gave them both a wheelie bin sticker  ;) :)

Cmon Alty...

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jack Swindells is 72 on 12th April