PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays match thread and team news
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Todays match thread and team news  (Read 13553 times)

joe

Re: Todays match thread and team news
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2008, 04:53:22 PM »

Back to 4 4 2 and totally mullered!  :'(

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2008, 04:56:19 PM »

>:( :( :-[

Foz

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2008, 05:00:10 PM »

Not much consulation, but, By my reckoning the two vics players sent off will miss the boxing day game unless they get a replay against York in the trophy. Think they are both amoungst King's new recruits (the ones actually being paid!)

VofD

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »

VERY, VERY WORRYING.

ONE GOAL SCORED IN THE LAST 6.5 HOURS OF FOOTBALL

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »

Comments like that make it sound like we are not trying. 

Have you seen the table? I think the vast majority of people connnected to the football club would be pretty happy with our position and points total so far.  Lets face it, it could be a lot WORSE
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:17:25 PM by Knutsford Alty »

crossie

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2008, 05:27:51 PM »

8 goals conceded in the past 2 games is not great reading but i think we can get something against Barrow on tuesday night hopefully a win, which depending on other results will boost us back up to 11/12th spot. Overall i am please with how we are playing this season, Lewes was a wake up call for the fans and players and I think we have all come out fighting! A good cup run, a draw minimum against Burton and a beautiful Christmas present of 3 points at Vics, will be in a great possition as a team.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »

How can we include last week? We were stitched up good and proper
ParkINson's red and white army

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2008, 05:35:09 PM »

Two more league games played and we are halfway through the season.

We are in a decent position in the league and lets not forget the FA Trophy.  Its far from doom and gloom.

crossie

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2008, 05:37:57 PM »

Last weeks outcome was taken out of our hands, but we can not change the figures that are on the table. Every goal we score now is going to be vital because goal difference could mean staying up or going down OR getting a play off place (Not wanting to sound to doom and gloom).

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2008, 10:08:51 PM »

Today's performance was woeful to say the least. We gave away 2 early goals with poor defending and I think we had only one chance and that was in the second half. Very poor indeed. There were only 63 away fans - plus Rocky in the enemies exewcutive suite !!!

markecky

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2008, 10:30:39 PM »

Today's performance was woeful to say the least. We gave away 2 early goals with poor defending and I think we had only one chance and that was in the second half. Very poor indeed. There were only 63 away fans - plus Rocky in the enemies exewcutive suite !!!

63, plus a few in the stand, is bloody good in my opinion for one of the furthest trips of the season when money is tight and Christmas coming?

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2008, 10:54:24 AM »

redhill its not true to say that we only had one chance, in fact senior was clear on goal a minute after we conceded the first. i spoke to a crawley fan in the bar after and he said he felt we could easily have scored a couple with better finishing.
also i have to say that crawley were one of the better teams i have seen going forward and it wouldnt surprise me if they were in the mix at the end
having said that midfield was a shambles and to add to that several players just had very poor games
but i dont suppose anyone really thought we would get much at crawley and sometimes you just have to accept a beating and move on to games you can get something out of

nice london alty meetup, i'm too old for all that beer now and my head hurts

Bazbatteria

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2008, 12:38:57 PM »

Well no reason on this occassion to feel hard done by, we were completely out-classed. We dearly need a quality midfielder and quick. I'll be at Barrow on Tuesday which will be my fifth away trip of the season and still in search of a first goal on the road!

For god's sake - c'mon Alty!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 02:41:22 PM by Bazbatteria »

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2008, 12:55:22 PM »

We didn't get near them in the first half. They passed it though us in midfield and had far too much space on their right. Doughty was defending on his own against two or three at times. Danylyk, Lane and Peyton all seemed to be trying to play in central midfield.
I thought we were got back into the game a bit in the first twenty mins of the second half and created a couple of really good chances. If one of those had gone in we might have had a sniff but even at 3 up Crawley seemed more committed in defence. I think their performance dropped off in that period rather than us getting any better. The game opened up in the last twenty and we could have scored again. Johnson made a difference.

Overall I thought Crawley were much the better team and Pinault deserved his man of the match award - head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch - but 4-0 probably flatter them a bit.

I feel less disappointed about this result though than I did about the 0-1 at Eastbourne. Crawley looked a class above Alty but I though Eastbourne were dire and we shouldn't have lost to them.
We need to put this behind us - beaten by a better team on day where we were below par. We did create chances and one will go in soon.
I'm still confident of getting results in the next few games (although Burton could be tough).

Come On Alty!

PS. Well done to the other 62 on the terraces and those in the stands!

tottenham alty

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »

It's a bit of a cliche but one goal changed the game.We conceded in the first minute.

Their goal was down to a complete lack of communication between keeper and right back.

I felt sorry for our keeper but cant help feeling ralph i second rate. Everythibg down to his distribution and half hearted calling, if at all.

Lets get this in perspective, we are a threat going forward, but gave it away with amatuerish defending.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Todays match thread and team news