PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No lessons learnt
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: No lessons learnt  (Read 12156 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No lessons learnt
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 05:12:13 PM »

This is the main reason i gave up as Safety Officer not once but twice as their always there to penny pinch over safety
and not take the views on board of those with experience and the qualifications.
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »

Tell me ita a mistake saying they got in free that cant be true ?

And if we knew they were coming why was it not segregated ?

If they were drinking thier own acohol were they removed ?

If they commited criminal damage are the police involved?

Why has this happened again after assurances it wouldnt ?

Maybe the new supporter liason team can come back with the answers

Enough is enough
ParkINson's red and white army

Alty5678

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2017, 06:04:10 PM »

I was there and it seemed to be football fans being football fans, nothing untoward at all. The 'criminal damage' was accidental from what I saw.

Let's ban people coming to spend money at Alty FC. Although if we'd turned them away I'm sure Rowley would have been slated for turning away good money! Can't win some days! Luckily the team seem to be able to again.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 06:14:56 PM »

Also, if we knew they were coming why did we not bake a cake? 🍰
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2017, 06:22:11 PM »

I was there and it seemed to be football fans being football fans, nothing untoward at all. The 'criminal damage' was accidental from what I saw.

Let's ban people coming to spend money at Alty FC. Although if we'd turned them away I'm sure Rowley would have been slated for turning away good money! Can't win some days! Luckily the team seem to be able to again.

Why the need for extra security and police???
@AltyDaz

arnald

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2017, 06:31:19 PM »

Good game good game enjoyed it all,,, well worth a tenner , for entertainment  ,
UP THE ALTY f**k mac town

GB Alty

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2017, 06:34:10 PM »

They were category A hooligans from Leicester, they should have not been allowed anywhere near Moss Lane - questions to be answered how this was allowed to happen. Those accountable should have no place within this football club -

Alty5678

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2017, 06:35:07 PM »

Extra numbers bring extra security measures. Surely this is a good thing? Again, if we didn't have them, then there would have been criticism for not doing so.

What's the big issue with having people spend money at the club? These weren't Coalville fans, so how could the segregation have been different for them? They wanted a drink before going to their game. We accommodated then, made a lot more money than usual and nothing untoward happened. Good day all round I'd say.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2017, 06:36:24 PM »

Extra numbers bring extra security measures. Surely this is a good thing? Again, if we didn't have them, then there would have been criticism for not doing so.

What's the big issue with having people spend money at the club? These weren't Coalville fans, so how could the segregation have been different for them? They wanted a drink before going to their game. We accommodated then, made a lot more money than usual and nothing untoward happened. Good day all round I'd say.

Close the partition. Why were they allowed to drink 4 packs of boddingtons
It's all my fault.

Alty5678

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2017, 06:47:14 PM »

Partition closing would have been wise, yes. I'm not saying everything was perfect in there today but nothing actually happened that was too bad, so I dont understand the negativity. Although negativity does seem to be a common theme on here.

Understandable at times due to the current position of the club but two wins in a row should lead to a more positive forum today, but no, the result seems forgotten about due to some Leicester fans.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »

Tell me ita a mistake saying they got in free that cant be true ?

If they were drinking thier own acohol were they removed ?

If they commited criminal damage are the police involved?

Why has this happened again after assurances it wouldnt ?

Maybe the new supporter liason team can come back with the answers

Enough is enough

I wasn't there, but there appear to be diametrically opposed views on here. I think someone from the club should answer these questions and pretty damn sharpish.

If they were truly let in for free, it beggars belief.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2017, 07:01:42 PM »

[/quote

And how much did the extra security cost the club?????????
@AltyDaz

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 07:03:30 PM »

I think there's a few points here for me:

1. Well behaved PL away fans drinking at our bar prior to an away at United could potentially be a good earner on an ongoing basis so it's fair to look at this as a moneymaker for the club.
2. Regardless of stewarding/security it's absolutely pathetic for some 'lads' of a PL side to come to our bar and give it the big one and try to wind people up. At least we know to say no if Leicester ask again.
3. Did they pay to get in/bring their own drink? Let's see if the club can clarify before everyone jumps to conclusions.
4. If this is to happen again partition the bar and give them dedicated stewards and security. I watch the odd City away game and PL away lads of a certain young age can be a different breed. Casual drug use, often looking for a fight, aggressive behaviour-far more prevalent than you'd see at our level and the security operation should reflect that.
5. Work in progress clearly but we have won 2 league games in a row for the first time in months. Let's not forget that.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 07:49:02 PM »

What went on today was a total disgrace.

The Leicester massive were there for a good drink and if lucky a fight. We might have made a couple of hundred in the bar but the amount of people who won't return for pre-match drinks is huge.

Community club? If I'd have had a child in the bar before the game or at half time id never go in again.

'Couldren Moss Lane' ? Everyone wants it and it's simple. Every game should be segreated. They have a stand, toilet and snack bar. As has been said numerous times, we've all been soaked at numerous away games and expect nothing less.i don't care if they've brought 3 or 300 segregate the game.
Full time and proud of it

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2017, 07:54:58 PM »

I think there's a few points here for me:

1. Well behaved PL away fans drinking at our bar prior to an away at United could potentially be a good earner on an ongoing basis so it's fair to look at this as a moneymaker for the club.
2. Regardless of stewarding/security it's absolutely pathetic for some 'lads' of a PL side to come to our bar and give it the big one and try to wind people up. At least we know to say no if Leicester ask again.
3. Did they pay to get in/bring their own drink? Let's see if the club can clarify before everyone jumps to conclusions.
4. If this is to happen again partition the bar and give them dedicated stewards and security. I watch the odd City away game and PL away lads of a certain young age can be a different breed. Casual drug use, often looking for a fight, aggressive behaviour-far more prevalent than you'd see at our level and the security operation should reflect that.
5. Work in progress clearly but we have won 2 league games in a row for the first time in months. Let's not forget that.

Some good points, although I think point 4, as well as today's events, pretty much cancels out point 1.

We could really do with an official statement from the club on  point 3, as you say, and to know, what, if anything, they were expecting.  I thought there could be a handful of people leaving at 4:30 or so to attend the second game, but was shocked by the numbers and by an official announcement that their coach was ready to go.

I didn't go in the bar today (I didn't for the Stafford game either,but did for Whitby so I must have some sort of sixth sense!). From what I heard in the second half, it did sound like the damage was accidental, but some of the chanting from Leicestershire before that was pretty aggressive and confrontational.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No lessons learnt