PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Urgent!!!...Striker needed!!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Urgent!!!...Striker needed!!!  (Read 7624 times)

Mausoleum Alty

« on: August 12, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »

If we're to get anywhere near the play offs this season a 20+ goal striker is a must! Josh Amis may well be that man but Jordan Hulme certainly isn't! I've seen a couple of pre season games plus today and Hulme is a luxury player we can't afford to carry who will sh*t out of a 50/50 challenge but can try a back heel or a fancy flick every now and then,we may as well have kept James Lawrie!

GB Alty

Re: Urgent!!!...Striker needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 08:25:30 PM »

If we're to get anywhere near the play offs this season a 20+ goal striker is a must! Josh Amis may well be that man but Jordan Hulme certainly isn't! I've seen a couple of pre season games plus today and Hulme is a luxury player we can't afford to carry who will sh*t out of a 50/50 challenge but can try a back heel or a fancy flick every now and then,we may as well have kept James Lawrie!
we seem to have a team of James Lawries, no back bone. Stafford were sh*t but physically strong - they beat us easily

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »

we seem to have a team of James Lawries, no back bone. Stafford were sh*t but physically strong - they beat us easily

I'd say Stafford were better than average but didn't really need to break sweat. I'd expect them to be challenging for a play off place.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:49:10 PM »

Genuine question: Are you going the match again now?

GB Alty

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 12:48:53 PM »

I'll choose which games I attend thank you very much

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »

If you're counting them, you'll have enough fingers.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 04:48:27 PM »

Why the f**k would anyone go?

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 05:17:42 PM »

Don't we need a defence too?

All through pre-season we have conceded goals which were as a result of defensive errors rather than excellent forward play. Fortunately we usually scored more goals than we conceded so it has been perceived that we have had a reasonable, if not good, pre-season.

Whilst I agree that signing a proven goal scorer is desirable, so is eliminating the sort of defensive blunders we saw not only yesterday, but during many of the previous games.

Oh, and we need a corner-taker. We had 13 yesterday and did bugger all with them. They had one and scored.

Edited because I forgot we need a penalty taker as well.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:21:22 PM by Nom de plume »

b23

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 05:34:49 PM »

I honestly thought the defence looked fine...midfield needs a tweak...not sure Moult is the best in that position but now he is captain is he first name on the team sheet..a bit worrying...  no cutting edge up from the..was clear to see that last week even with Amis

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 09:57:15 PM »

Eh? I was just interested to know if you had decided to stop boycotting and why?

It's not a veiled attack. As I put, genuine question. Nevermind.

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »

Eh? I was just interested to know if you had decided to stop boycotting and why?

I would wind your neck in instead of trying to pick a fight with me.

You're supposed to be a moderator of this forum not a lead antagonist

Grow up you're not interested in if I go to matches or not, you're just sh*t stirring. Do you think we need that at the moment?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 11:12:39 PM »

I would wind your neck in instead of trying to pick a fight with me.

You're supposed to be a moderator of this forum not a lead antagonist

Grow up you're not interested in if I go to matches or not, you're just sh*t stirring. Do you think we need that at the moment?

Wow! What part of genuine question do you not understand? I won't be bullied by you and your aggression. I'm not intimidated by you. I was genuinely interested to know your reasons.

Moderator or not I won't just back down because your using scare tactics or trying to twist a simple question into feeding some absurd agenda with having keyboard fights. Lead antagonist as well, haha, that's cheered me right up.

I don't pick fights with anyone, certainly not on the internet and certainly not with another Altrincham fan.

Thanks for your kind words, I think we'll just leave the question unanswered and move on with what's left of the summer shall we.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 06:41:40 AM »

I honestly thought the defence looked fine...midfield needs a tweak...not sure Moult is the best in that position but now he is captain is he first name on the team sheet..a bit worrying...  no cutting edge up from the..was clear to see that last week even with Amis
I thought the defence was weak for all 3 goals gave them far to much space but I'll let the highlights correct me if I'm wrong
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »

I am still boycotting and want the chairman to step down.

I went on Saturday out of sheer excitement of missing match day.

I will be at Nantwich tomorrow but not at moss lane for many matches this season.

The reason was strolling around moss lane on Saturday while the team succumbed to a new low ebb and the club again got the organisation wrong.....our once proud club one step away from reinstalling grass bank terracing?...

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 04:12:05 PM »

I can remember us having a good team when we had grass banks, and beating Stafford Rangers, too.
I appreciate your point, though.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team