News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today !!!!

Author Topic: Today !!!!  (Read 2790 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Today !!!!
« on: October 03, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »

I was leaving the ground today hearing people say that it was great draw, WHAT THE f**k???? We were bloody awful today and so were they,apart from the fat striker upfront who was a handful !!!!
I always chat on so I will keep it simple…..

Hewson for Crowel

lDenham always last man, for his pace!!!!

Joseph still sh*te and makes the defence so nervous. I have been told Coats claimed the ball and he headed it, which led to their goal. Joseph ain’t improving, the team around him are !!!! he scares me to death, he is sh*t !!!!!

There were debates a few weeks ago about players not showing heart and desire, McCarthy will never ever be the answer to our problems, he is lazy, weak and to be honest I would not give two monkeys if I did not see him in an Alty shirt again. People will stand up for him but all I’ll say is that I’ll eat my words if I am wrong, but I am confident he ain’t good enough by a country mile !!! Holsgrove is not good enough but he causes more mayhem than McCarthy when he comes on !!!

There are two players that I have been wrong about in the last ten or more years and they are Nicky Clee and Robbie Lawton. Nicky Clee is one of the best players I have seen at this level for close control and dribbling, Robbie is a lot fitter this year and is on a mission, respect !!!

We need Coburn back because Coats is dodgy and gets nowhere near long range shots.

And finally… I know we scored from a set piece but we are and have been for years so sh*t at set pieces. We have Lawton and Smith who both have a leap, defending???. Our only option is Robbie Williams. Also why do we and other teams from kick off hammer it to the by line, nothing comes from that tactic, Ill rather give it Nicky Clee the ball and let him run. The tactic is used a lot in footy now and is f**king rubbish !!!!
Today was poor and we need to start picking points up !!!!

Well done Reeves for taking his chances !!!

We need tp step it up otherwise we are going down !!!!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Today !!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:04:54 AM »

I think today was the wake up call that some people think now that Ken is manager we will be good again. These are the same players that GH brought in, they are not going to become good overnight, and we are not the midtable side we have been for the last 2 years.

I will admit that before the game I would had been very disappointed with a draw, but given the game went and the way we played 2nd half,I was very happy with a draw.

All I will say on the Holsgrove/McCarthey arguement is that I have seen better performances by McCarthey, whether it's a Hyde thing of starting the season sluggish I don't know ;)

We will know in the next 3/4 weeks if we have it in us to stay up. Histon and Hayes,with an FA Cup tie inbetween. Big games ahead, and I am confident we will get positive results in all those games.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

markecky

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 08:41:50 AM »

At least let Kenny try and get some players in before writing us off as going down.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 09:16:38 AM »

I was relieved we got a draw today, and probably for the first time in 4 matches you could say we were fortunate because it really didnt look like coming.

However, 3 hard games in a week for a part-time team was the reason why,...Kenny gave the players a break from training on thursday night as they were all knackered,..and it showed today. Now, thankfully we have a no game tuesday and a full week to prepare for Histon away, probably the biggest game of the season so far, they have lost their last 5 home matches on the bounce I think and not played many top sides in that run either.

3 points their would really help and psychologically being off the bottom will help too.

I agree with much of what has been said below, I think Kenny and most Alty fans know who the weak links are in the team,...but let's just get behind the lads now and let Kenny sort out the players he wants to bring in,..and he will improve the team.

I hope everyone's going to Histon..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »

We wasnt  good yesterday but surely getting a point being poor is better than getting sweet FA....

Once Ken is confirmed as boss we may well see a change in personnel.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 09:57:34 AM »

It seems quite clear to me that Kenny has been completely left in the sh*t by his predecessor. He's been lumbered with players on contracts who, by all accounts, are nowhere near good enough and he's having to explore every avenue he can to try and improve the squad. If Kenny does save us from relegation (which I think he will) it will be one of the finest achievements at this club in a long time.

Come on Alty!

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 10:11:10 AM »

It seems quite clear to me that Kenny has been completely left in the sh*t by his predecessor. He's been lumbered with players on contracts who, by all accounts, are nowhere near good enough and he's having to explore every avenue he can to try and improve the squad. If Kenny does save us from relegation (which I think he will) it will be one of the finest achievements at this club in a long time.

Absolutely agree with all of this.

In Ken We Trust!

62vintage

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 10:13:08 PM »

I thought we looked tired yesterday (perhaps something to do with being part time). However we got a point and we certainly would not have got anything from a game like that a few weeks ago.
We are improving slowly but I think we will still be in this division next season.

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »

We certainly looked "leggy" for much of the game. Not having a midweek fixture before Histon (who have) on Saturday should be a distinct benefit.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »

I am delighted with three points from the last three games.......it could easily have been none.

I dread to think what some of the comments would have been on here if that had been the case :-\

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 12:55:59 PM »

I am delighted with three points from the last three games.......it could easily have been none.

I dread to think what some of the comments would have been on here if that had been the case :-\

How insightful of you Brian :D  However, it hasnt just been the points thats given us all encouragment, its been a sea change in spirit over the last few games, and like all fans,.....we all love a tryer dont we ;D ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today !!!!