PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 7 out of 9 points
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 7 out of 9 points  (Read 5949 times)

Jenga

Re: 7 out of 9 points
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »

At least we have an easy game on saturday that will allow us to express our football and give the lads a rest a little.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »

Tis indeed a  great effort. Couldn't see it coming after Welling.

Pairing Leather with Havern is a part without doubt, but I think having Williams and Moult in the middle is the main reason.

Well done to everyone.
Full time and proud of it

Jenga

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 04:50:09 PM »

In all honesty I think the main reason is the Welling result and the fans booing. It gave everyone a kick up the arse and they are now proving their worth. They now have self belief and need to play every game to 100% of their capabilities. With continued effort we can get some great results this season, but we can not and must not allow the players to take their foot off the pedal.

Although I am sure team selection and positions will be part of the success.

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »

I won't talk bout last night I didn't go but as for macc and Halifax I think having Luca and leather is massive I also think playing 4/5/1 or 4/4/1/1 as some people call it makes us a harder team to beat 4/4/2 at this level is a bit predictable and leaves midfield exposed
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:27:19 PM by Jimmy »

GB Alty

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2014, 07:10:11 PM »

I won't talk bout last night I didn't go but as for macc and Halifax I think having Luca and leather is massive I also think playing 4/5/1 or 4/4/1/1 as some people call it makes us a harder team to beat 4/4/2 at this level is a bit predictable and leaves midfield exposed
you know your ball

sniffer

markecky

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 09:31:21 AM »

One of the pleasing things about certainly the last two games is that we have produced a good performance against two different styles of Conference team. 

Halifax's aerial bombardment was seen off but Grimsby got it down and played and had some very tricky players and fast wingers that they used at every chance.  We dealt with that as well and for all their possession and attacks it still looked solid.

Luca and Scott at the back have been a big part of the revival but I think focusing on that is taking some credit off the other lads.  Densmore has been immense since he came back and Griffin looks like the Conference defender I thought he was when we signed him. 

Perhaps Luca being dropped gave him a kick up the arse or even a rest as he had played every minute (I think) of the other games.  He has come back in the last three games even better than he was last season I think although I think after the Welling result he would have been back in for Macc anyway regardless of suspension.  I know playing with Leather helps that but he seems to winning more headers and clearing more balls than he was early season.

As has been said by many, every player has stepped up since Welling and shown what they can do.  I think the manager has played it right in terms of his statements after games and the way he has gone about managing the players.  He has defended them and showed belief in them right up to the Welling game when the performance was indefensible ( regardless of whether the lineup was right or wrong ) but clearly after that he has told them that if they want to play at this level for much longer then they have to do better.  He has then changed the system and the players have executed it very well.

Big decisions to make now though about whether we stick with it, play it away from home, do it for certain games.  Nice problem to have though.

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 11:13:49 AM »

Having moaned about us having only Plan A and a dodgy Plan B, we now have Plan C and it works !
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 7 out of 9 points