PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Being both optimistic and realisic
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Being both optimistic and realisic  (Read 5312 times)

tonyb

Re: Being both optimistic and realisic
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2011, 11:50:54 PM »

Altrincham fc, abbreviate, Alti which is the first four letters of your club name,Alty, the letter Y doesnt appear in your title, who is right or wrong.

markecky

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2011, 11:54:47 PM »

Never mind that Tony...there is a few more additions to the wanker/embarassment situation here.  Lets keep it up to date..
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:57:27 PM by markecky »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »

Didnt know about your patron scheme, but if it works go for it,   When i spoke to Steve he was sat in the Alti technical area at half time not the FTFC area, what does that say to you cestrian alty, will spell it out for you, although Steve is a FTFC player at the time he was being payed by Altrincham therefore rightly he stayed in the Alti area, feet away from his team mates but stayed with Alti subs, quality at his home ground,  enough said.   
I will spell this out for you. If we don't have the money to pay his wages he won't be at AltY. Alty are not going to get into financial trouble for one player, no matter how good he is. It is called balancing the books.

Mr CA - I know that this tony guy seems a real buffoon but on this one occasion he might actually not be being an arsehole. If you read the post he's actually saying that Steve Connors is a decent guy as a player (and we all know that they're generally sparse) and that, as a FTFC fan he thinks that Steve may not be retained there and may be available.

We know that we cannot, as fans decide who we do or don't sign, that's down to the Board and to the  Management (whoever they may be) but surely, if it's legit, it's worthwhile info?

bumble

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2011, 12:11:03 AM »

Trying to suss out whether this guy is a WUM or a well-meaning idiot. Either way, I wish he'd stop referring to us as 'Alti'.

Atleast he's not using  "altringham"

fuertes

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 12:24:23 AM »

Altrincham fc, abbreviate, Alti which is the first four letters of your club name,Alty, the letter Y doesnt appear in your title, who is right or wrong.

No, Tony. That would be A-L-T-R. We can hardly go round calling ourselves that though, can we?

There's no Y in James, but you'd still call someone of that name Jimmy rather than Jimmi. Unless you were a proper balloon, anyway.

I'm warming to you, though. Definitely in the 'loveable eejit' category.

tonyb

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2011, 12:47:43 AM »

wow, quality replies, not an idiot or a wind up merchant, just a non league fan who would prefer the conference to be full of northern teams for obvious reasons,   ok, altY, give you that one,  Conners, what i said is what i believe,  cost, wages no idea, but what a player and motivator,   always gives 110% cannot argue with that,   good luck in the next week ,

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2011, 01:14:25 AM »

Definitely a Gunners11 connection. Stick around.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Being both optimistic and realisic