PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Being both optimistic and realisic
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Being both optimistic and realisic  (Read 5311 times)

andrewflynn

« on: April 24, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »

Before you read this, I am fully aware that our fate is yet to have been decided.

I've tried to weigh things up realistically. I've been reading posts like 'I hope Young will be interested next year' 'hopefully Senior will come back' 'I wonder if Piergianni would be interested' 'I would love to have Connors next year'... None of them will be interested.

Smith, Densmore, Denham, Reeves, Johnson, Clee, Danylyk and Joseph could very well be offered another chance at Blue Square Premier football next season, be it by teams that have been promoted or bottom-half clubs who will snatch them up when their contracts expire. Of course I would rather they stayed, but realistically, that is what could very well happen during the summer.
Hopefully we can get rid of Twiss, who is clearly not bothered. Beesley can go too, although I wouldn't mind him in a Blue Square North squad.
Of course, all of our current loan players will go back to their respective clubs. I'll be glad if I never see Baynes again, and I thank him for his efforts but I'm not too fussed about Bateson either. It's a shame that Connors and Piergianni are going but they are better than Blue Square North, other teams know it, they know it, and deep down we all know it.

That leaves us with Coburn, Dootson, Williams, Lawton and Brown. If it was me in charge, I'd take these players and use them as the core to build a fresh squad around next season. These lot know how the club works, experience in Coburn and Dootson, a fantastic captain in Lawton (who perhaps then would be playing at closer to his level no offence), a learning center half in Williams who is young but already has experience in Blue Square Premier, and Brown who has no reason to leave as I doubt he would find anywhere better.

And you know what? I really wouldn't be too bothered if we saw the mass exodus I've just predicted. Don't get me wrong I adore some of the players that will probably leave in the Summer; the likes of Reeves who I've grown to love, Clee and Smithy... But in my opinion...

It would mark the beginning of a fresh start, and I for one am excited by that prospect. Perhaps a mass of fresh faces, mixed with a few youth teamers will do us the world of good. Let whoever is managing next season give it a real go, instead of being under unbelievable pressure to sign players to cover positions, fighting an exhausting up hill battle against a league that is constantly getting stronger while we struggle to even retain a season of decent achievement.

Next season lets build a squad full of optimism and enthusiasm. We've had a dark and depressing season but it doesn't need carrying to the next one.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 07:15:43 PM by TimperleyRobin »

bumble

Re: Being both optimistic and realisic
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »

When trying to look how to spell Carl's piergiannis name right, I found out he was playing at Spalding United in the Northern Premier League Division One South (on work experience) - obviously he's a young talented player but maybe he might give us another season?

Butty

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 07:28:06 PM »

When trying to look how to spell Carl's piergiannis name right, I found out he was playing at Spalding United in the Northern Premier League Division One South (on work experience) - obviously he's a young talented player but maybe he might give us another season?

Good post, but I thik Piergianni may have put himself in the shop window by playing for us and will probably end up higher than us

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »

There's only Smith and Densmore would get into a mid table BSP side on a regular basis.
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 08:48:04 PM »

Nicky Clee won't go to a full-time club, so hopefully we'll keep him.

scott tompson

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 09:32:02 PM »

i think deham will stay as he has been injure for most off th season so i think hell stay a season and leave for a beter club in 2012/2013. Clee could possibly go but think josep smith danalyk and densmore are on the move. Lawton will stay and coburn as there real loyal players. Holsgrove could be good in bsn but reeves might not go as hes crap at the moment.Hope to bring good new players again.  ;D

tonyb

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 10:21:52 PM »

Spoke to Steve Connors at the fleetwood game, doesnt have a club for next season, he believes he will be released by FTFC , am a FTFC fan by the way, Steve's  worth is twofold,   commitment on the pitch and presence in the changing room, I among many other cods love Steve to bits for who he is and his enthusiasm for the game,   I suggest that you hard core Alti fans arrange £5 a month direct debits to offset what he would cost per month and make him your captain,   build your team around him,   with that responsibilty he will become a legend at your club,   question, why did he not become a legend at Fleetwood, answer , ask Mickey Mellon.   Snap him up before its too late.   Also believe Steve at a later stage will become a manager and when that happens the club he manages will not be short of passion for the game.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 10:30:25 PM »

Gosh direct debits. We never thought of that. Concentrate on supporting your own club instead of slagging Altrincham off.
They really should be beating teams like us

Butty

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »

Captain? Passion? Don't think we have one of those...

tonyb

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »

cestrian alty, slagging alti off??????????????????????,   have you had a drink or three.

chris888

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 10:50:25 PM »

cestrian alty, slagging alti off??????????????????????,   have you had a drink or three.

have to agree, you made a fair comment and pretty useful. wise words, we HAVE to sign connors permanently.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 10:52:07 PM »

Spoke to Steve Connors at the fleetwood game, doesnt have a club for next season, he believes he will be released by FTFC , am a FTFC fan by the way, Steve's  worth is twofold,   commitment on the pitch and presence in the changing room, I among many other cods love Steve to bits for who he is and his enthusiasm for the game,   I suggest that you hard core Alti fans arrange £5 a month direct debits to offset what he would cost per month and make him your captain,   build your team around him,   with that responsibilty he will become a legend at your club,   question, why did he not become a legend at Fleetwood, answer , ask Mickey Mellon.   Snap him up before its too late.   Also believe Steve at a later stage will become a manager and when that happens the club he manages will not be short of passion for the game.

Join the Patron scheme which gives the club 50 quid ... That is almost as good as a fiver per month... that way it saves pissing about with direct debits.

For those of us that can afford it, I think it would be great if we could give the chairman our patron money after the Eastbourne game so the club have it all ready to prepare for next season.. I intend to do that..

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 10:55:27 PM by distancetraveller »

tonyb

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »

Didnt know about your patron scheme, but if it works go for it,   When i spoke to Steve he was sat in the Alti technical area at half time not the FTFC area, what does that say to you cestrian alty, will spell it out for you, although Steve is a FTFC player at the time he was being payed by Altrincham therefore rightly he stayed in the Alti area, feet away from his team mates but stayed with Alti subs, quality at his home ground,  enough said.   

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 11:33:27 PM »

Didnt know about your patron scheme, but if it works go for it,   When i spoke to Steve he was sat in the Alti technical area at half time not the FTFC area, what does that say to you cestrian alty, will spell it out for you, although Steve is a FTFC player at the time he was being payed by Altrincham therefore rightly he stayed in the Alti area, feet away from his team mates but stayed with Alti subs, quality at his home ground,  enough said.   
I will spell this out for you. If we don't have the money to pay his wages he won't be at AltY. Alty are not going to get into financial trouble for one player, no matter how good he is. It is called balancing the books.
They really should be beating teams like us

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »

Trying to suss out whether this guy is a WUM or a well-meaning idiot. Either way, I wish he'd stop referring to us as 'Alti'.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team