PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Before they slinked off with their pay packets at 5.15pm
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Before they slinked off with their pay packets at 5.15pm  (Read 4650 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 23, 2011, 06:15:19 PM »

Kenny should have sat them down and asked them which of them thought we could win our next two games,and which ones wanted more than anything to be here next season playing bsp football,those that didnt give a resounding yes should have been released from their contracts this afternoon,and regardless if we are mathmatically still in with a shout we should play the youth lads at grimsby and eastbourne,i dont often comment on games i dont see,but the radio commentry and score line told you everything you need

fuertes

Re: Before they slinked off with their pay packets at 5.15pm
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »

We've endured 44 league games of utter dross. We might as well do what we can in the last two before doing anything wild.

I'd be surprised if any more than 8 of the current squad remain next season. Very surprised.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 06:40:44 PM »

Id keep stuart coburn,and about 3 others,the rest can jog on.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 06:58:49 PM »

after today, densmore and brown should be given a chance, an interesting performance in the last thirty by beesley as a right winger.  Joseph has done enough to be kept and clee although inconsistant can break anyone down.  Coburn has missed plenty of games this season.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »

after today, densmore and brown should be given a chance, an interesting performance in the last thirty by beesley as a right winger.  Joseph has done enough to be kept and clee although inconsistant can break anyone down.  Coburn has missed plenty of games this season.

I actually think with Brown it's just a case of not being quite good enough for BSBP. He'd do well in the BSBN, I reckon. Coburn staying is a no-brainer, although the regularity with which he picks up injuries these days suggests he might only have a couple of seasons left. I'd like to keep Densmore, but fear someone else migh come in for him.

Meh, I could go through the whole squad, but I won't. Suffice to say, there must be changes. And there will.

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 08:48:15 PM »

Next season most probably in the blue square north obviously won't be a walk in the park. The current squad at the moment could not challenge in that league.Players to keep in the current squad in my opinion are clee coburn smith densmore dale piergianni connors and maybe a couple of others.I think brown would suit the bsn and he showed more passion today in the 20 mins he played than the likes of twiss beesley have all season! Robbie Williams is over rated at bsp standard and his distribution from the back is awful! Bsn may be his standard.Reeves can obviously score goals but is too light weight and we need someone with a bit more strength and determination.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »

Not wishing to pour cold water on an already sub arctic situation but I think we'd do well to see what the budget is for next season before we start saying who we'd like to keep and who we'd like to let go

It may well be that we have no choice in respect of a number, even of those who would be willing to stay and play in BSN

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 09:07:37 PM »

Not wishing to pour cold water on an already sub arctic situation but I think we'd do well to see what the budget is for next season before we start saying who we'd like to keep and who we'd like to let go

It may well be that we have no choice in respect of a number, even of those who would be willing to stay and play in BSN

If they really want to stay and play then they can prove it by taking a pay cut, surely?

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 09:09:40 PM »

The club will cut there cloth accordingly with the funds available, if players want more money than is available then it will have to be goodnight vienna

chris888

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »

.Reeves can obviously score goals but is too light weight and we need someone with a bit more strength and determination.

fully agreed, maybe steve foster might fancy it now we are going down to a lower level? from what we have learnt from him he enjoys playing at lower levels.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 09:26:49 PM »

Damien Reeves alongside Dale Johnson would be a very good attacking partnership in Blue Square North. However, we would need the midfield to chip in with more goals, something that hasn't really happened this season.

As stated in another post above, it's all about whether we have the budget to be able to retain certain players.

For me it would be a godsend if some of the youth team were able to make the step up and do a job for the first team. In the past the Kieron Lugsdens and Lewis Chalmers have come from the lower ranks and proved their worth. Without having the money to plunder on players our youth setup could be the future of the club.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »

If they really want to stay and play then they can prove it by taking a pay cut, surely?

As I think I may have posted elsewhere, to many players Altrincham FC is merely an employer just like the guy who pays them for their 9-5 job and if they ain't getting what they think they're worth or they think they can get more elsewhere then they'll be off.

Only Supporters REALLY have the loyalty to the Club over the whole piece. We have been very very lucky that we have had in the past players who played for the shirt and who loved the Club. I wonder if those sort of players really exist in any number at BSBP Level anymore?  Sadly I very much doubt it

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »

As I think I may have posted elsewhere, to many players Altrincham FC is merely an employer just like the guy who pays them for their 9-5 job and if they ain't getting what they think they're worth or they think they can get more elsewhere then they'll be off.

Only Supporters REALLY have the loyalty to the Club over the whole piece. We have been very very lucky that we have had in the past players who played for the shirt and who loved the Club. I wonder if those sort of players really exist in any number at BSBP Level anymore?  Sadly I very much doubt it

I appreciate what you are saying Phil. I know thats exactly how it works. However, I wouldnt be surprised if 90% of that bunch of unarsed knobsocks never saw the BSP again. With us or not.

I'm just annoyed and upset, part of which boils over from last weekends spineless performance which i paid the best part of £350 to see. I am also thinking about jeopardising my job to make the 500 mile round trip from Aberystwyth to Cleethorpes to watch what will be one of our last games at BSP level, at one hell of a personal expense. I know what I spend this season will be significantly less than lots of other people. That's what hurts the most. The fans love this club to bits, yet every time I have been able to get to a game it feels as though the players have turned to all the fans and given us the big "fk off".

And if they are going to stand there and do that whilst taking my money then I don't want them anywhere near my club.

Yours, a severely depressed, bighairedmike.

Butty

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 09:50:19 PM »

I will never, ever moan about the likes of Robbie Lawton and Warren Peyton again, what they may lack in skill, they have shown us there is something severely lacking in this current squad- passion. There isn't enough of these types of player at our club right now.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »

I will never, ever moan about the likes of Robbie Lawton and Warren Peyton again, what they may lack in skill, they have shown us there is something severely lacking in this current squad- passion. There isn't enough of these types of player at our club right now.

Tell you what, limited as they are/were, if we'd had Warren Peyton and Joe O'Neill all season we might be outside the relegation zone now. At least they'd have worked their bollocks off.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team