Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does anyone possess this Alty programme?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does anyone possess this Alty programme?  (Read 3875 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone possess this Alty programme?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »

Trowbridge provided one of my very first Alty memories as a 2/3 year old. Apparently my dad used to take me but one Saturday he was ill/away so my mum took me which is possibly why it sticks in the memory. Remember mostly playing on the grass bank and us winning 4-0 (used to make scrapbook of football results from sunday papers). Might be wrong but remember Leo Skeete and John Davidson (pen) scoring?

Ballers,

5th November 1983
Altrincham...4  Trowbridge Town...0

Scorers: Phil Gardner, Leo Skeete, Don Page and the inevitable Graham Bennett!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 11:02:50 PM »

Trowbridge provided one of my very first Alty memories as a 2/3 year old. Apparently my dad used to take me but one Saturday he was ill/away so my mum took me which is possibly why it sticks in the memory. Remember mostly playing on the grass bank and us winning 4-0 (used to make scrapbook of football results from sunday papers). Might be wrong but remember Leo Skeete and John Davidson (pen) scoring?

Ballers,

5th November 1983
Altrincham...4  Trowbridge Town...0

Scorers: Phil Gardner, Leo Skeete, Don Page and the inevitable Graham Bennett!

Ah, Benno!! my first Alty hero!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 09:57:54 AM »

Well I suppose you have to laugh!

Possibility of no programme issued perhaps, I don't know. I could never understand how Redditch.....and Trowbridge....made the initial cut for that league.

Gunners mate, please follow the thread, but I believe Alty beat Gateshead 3-0 in the cup if I remember correctly. Their fans wore silver foil cup replica rosettes.

Trowbridge weren't founder members but joined in season 1981/2 if I remember correctly.To be fair to them they probably got in by getting promoted from The Southern League.

Spot on, Father Flynn.

I recall them winning 2-1 at Moss Lane in August 1981 (led by Alan Birchenall?).

They actually lasted at that level for three seasons.

I think Jon Sammels played as well!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

Possibility of no programme issued perhaps, I don't know. I could never understand how Redditch.....and Trowbridge....made the initial cut for that league.

Gunners mate, please follow the thread, but I believe Alty beat Gateshead 3-0 in the cup if I remember correctly. Their fans wore silver foil cup replica rosettes.

Trowbridge weren't founder members but joined in season 1981/2 if I remember correctly.To be fair to them they probably got in by getting promoted from The Southern League.

Spot on, Father Flynn.

I recall them winning 2-1 at Moss Lane in August 1981 (led by Alan Birchenall?).

Monsignor Flynn,

You are getting confused with the 3-0 home loss against Nuneaton Borough in August 1980!

Jon Sammels played for Nuneaton in that game (our first defeat at Moss Lane in an APL fixture).

Too much Communion wine with your hot dogs at St Vincent's last Sunday, I suspect.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »

Spot on, Father Flynn.

Monsignor Flynn,

You are getting confused with the 3-0 home loss against Nuneaton Borough in August 1980!

Jon Sammels played for Nuneaton in that game (our first defeat at Moss Lane in an APL fixture).

Too much Communion wine with your hot dogs at St Vincent's last Sunday, I suspect.....

Doh!!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does anyone possess this Alty programme?