Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does anyone possess this Alty programme?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does anyone possess this Alty programme?  (Read 3876 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »

If anyone owns a copy of the following programme, I'd love to hear from them:

Redditch United v Altrincham
APL
23rd October 1979

It's a rare item that is missing from my own collection and I'd be delighted to see an issue (or even receive a photocopied issue) from anyone, with a view to undertaking some research for my articles on that particular season for the Robins Review.

email: towerofsong@btinternet.com
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

gunners11

Re: Does anyone possess this Alty programme?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »

i went to a car boot sale in chorley and i was browsing around and my mate pick up some programmes and underneath were some altrincham progammes dating from 70's and 80's i brought 13  programmes i was really made up .here are some of the fixtures

altrincham vs runcorn cheshire senior cup 1st round sat 22nd january 1977

altrincham vs morecambe  northern premier league sat 19th october 1974

altrincham vs buxton  greenall's northern premier cup 2nd round  sat 1st october 1977

altrincham vs netherfield  northern premier league sat 12th february 1977

altrincham vs atherstone  sat 5th february 1977 fa challenge trophy 2nd round

altrincham vs mossley  watney northern premier cup (preliminary round)  monday aug 28 1972

altrincham vs wigan athletic  northern premier league december 28th 1974

altrincham vs stafford rangers greenall's northern premier cup 1st round  monday 29th aug 1977

altrincham vs south liverpool  northern premier league  sat aug 28th 1976

altrincham vs gateshead  f.a. cup 2nd round  sat  december 14th 1974

altrincham vs scarborough northern premier league  sat october 5th 1974

altrincham vs matlock town  northern premier league mon 27th sept 1976

i have saved the best till last

altrincham vs northwich victoria  apl cup 2nd round 2nd  leg monday 20th september 1982

if you know any of the scores please tell me. thanks gunners11

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:46:37 PM »

Well I suppose you have to laugh!

Possibility of no programme issued perhaps, I don't know. I could never understand how Redditch.....and Trowbridge....made the initial cut for that league.

Gunners mate, please follow the thread, but I believe Alty beat Gateshead 3-0 in the cup if I remember correctly. Their fans wore silver foil cup replica rosettes.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

gunners11

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 11:50:46 PM »

sorry sw i  thought the topic was on alty programmes. sorry and thanks for the score for the alty gateshead match

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 11:56:46 PM »

Its fine lad, no offence just a bit of guidance. I bet there are a few on here who can fill you in with the details of the other games.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 12:15:12 AM »

Possibility of no programme issued perhaps, I don't know. I could never understand how Redditch.....and Trowbridge....made the initial cut for that league.

SW,

I also considered that to be a plausible explanation......until Campbell McLay in the Alty Club Shop told me that he does indeed possess a copy of this particular programme (but it is currently buried somewhere in the outer reaches of his attic).

Apparently, it was printed but did not arrive at Redditch's ground on the actual night of the match against Alty.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:26:35 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 12:25:55 AM »

altrincham vs runcorn cheshire senior cup 1st round sat 22nd january 1977
2-3

altrincham vs morecambe  northern premier league sat 19th october 1974
3-2

altrincham vs buxton  greenall's northern premier cup 2nd round  sat 1st october 1977
3-4

altrincham vs netherfield  northern premier league sat 12th february 1977
4-1

altrincham vs atherstone  sat 5th february 1977 fa challenge trophy 2nd round
2-0

altrincham vs mossley  watney northern premier cup (preliminary round)  monday aug 28 1972
1-1

altrincham vs wigan athletic  northern premier league december 28th 1974
2-2

altrincham vs stafford rangers greenall's northern premier cup 1st round  monday 29th aug 1977
3-0

altrincham vs south liverpool  northern premier league  sat aug 28th 1976
0-0

altrincham vs gateshead  f.a. cup 2nd round  sat  december 14th 1974
3-0

altrincham vs scarborough northern premier league  sat october 5th 1974
2-1

altrincham vs matlock town  northern premier league mon 27th sept 1976
1-0

altrincham vs northwich victoria  apl cup 2nd round 2nd  leg monday 20th september 1982
1-2
if you know any of the scores please tell me. thanks gunners11

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 12:39:18 AM »

Marvellous, I knew it.

Is it memory or do you have an easily accessible data bank?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »

Cult - when the coach arrived at the ground we were told there were no programmes left / no programmes available so I was even unaware that there was a programme for this game - rare indeed!

I've got a programme for our 2-0 win at Trowbridge though - oh sorry I am wrong - I've got a programme for Trowbridge vs Altringham.

AS for gunners11 list of games:

altrincham vs runcorn cheshire senior cup 1st round sat 22nd january 1977 - I was there: Johnson and Morris

altrincham vs morecambe  northern premier league sat 19th october 1974 - I was there: Roy Hughes, Lennie Dickenson and Phil Smith

altrincham vs buxton  greenall's northern premier cup 2nd round  sat 1st october 1977 - I was there (dreadful defending!): Rogers 2 and Heathcote

altrincham vs netherfield  northern premier league sat 12th february 1977 - I was there: Owens, Hardwick, Brooke, Davison scorers

altrincham vs atherstone  sat 5th february 1977 fa challenge trophy 2nd round: Oh I was there - Jeff Astle named in programme for Atherstone but did not play: Davison and Moore

altrincham vs mossley  watney northern premier cup (preliminary round)  monday aug 28 1972: I was there: Tony Broadhead scored

altrincham vs wigan athletic  northern premier league december 28th 1974: I was there: Joh  Hughes scored both Alty goals, over 3000 in the grouund

altrincham vs stafford rangers greenall's northern premier cup 1st round  monday 29th aug 1977: A stunning win over Stafford - a real pity we could only draw in the leage game at Moss Lane two weeks later.  Johnson 2 and Rogers

altrincham vs south liverpool  northern premier league  sat aug 28th 1976: I was there (but asleep)

altrincham vs gateshead  f.a. cup 2nd round  sat  december 14th 1974: I am sure we were all there!  John and Roy Hughes, Ian Morris 3200.  And the excitement of the FA Cup draw later that evening on Match of the Day

altrincham vs scarborough northern premier league  sat october 5th 1974:  (Ashamed) I missed this one

altrincham vs matlock town  northern premier league mon 27th sept 1976: Lenny Dickenson's last ever goal for Altrincham

altrincham vs northwich victoria  apl cup 2nd round 2nd  leg monday 20th september 1982: Not there - at University.  Andy Morris scored

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 09:56:57 AM »

Gunners mate, please follow the thread, but I believe Alty beat Gateshead 3-0 in the cup if I remember correctly. Their fans wore silver foil cup replica rosettes.

Trowbridge weren't founder members but joined in season 1981/2 if I remember correctly.To be fair to them they probably got in by getting promoted from The Southern League.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »

To be fair to them they probably got in by getting promoted from The Southern League.

If Lewes can do it......

:)
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »

Trowbridge provided one of my very first Alty memories as a 2/3 year old. Apparently my dad used to take me but one Saturday he was ill/away so my mum took me which is possibly why it sticks in the memory. Remember mostly playing on the grass bank and us winning 4-0 (used to make scrapbook of football results from sunday papers). Might be wrong but remember Leo Skeete and John Davidson (pen) scoring?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 10:24:26 AM »

[/quote]

Trowbridge weren't founder members but joined in season 1981/2 if I remember correctly.To be fair to them they probably got in by getting promoted from The Southern League.
[/quote]

Hmm, funny how the memory diminishes, there were a few pretty rubbish sides from the old Southern League though, AP Leamington spring to mind.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 03:26:06 PM »

Trowbridge provided one of my very first Alty memories as a 2/3 year old. Apparently my dad used to take me but one Saturday he was ill/away so my mum took me which is possibly why it sticks in the memory. Remember mostly playing on the grass bank and us winning 4-0 (used to make scrapbook of football results from sunday papers). Might be wrong but remember Leo Skeete and John Davidson (pen) scoring?

Ballers,

Some things never change....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 03:29:28 PM »

Spot on, Father Flynn.

I recall them winning 2-1 at Moss Lane in August 1981 (led by Alan Birchenall?).

They actually lasted at that level for three seasons.

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team