News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why we never want to go down...

Author Topic: Why we never want to go down...  (Read 3674 times)

markecky

« on: September 14, 2009, 01:54:57 PM »

Hyde took 30 fans to Northwich....that would have been one of our  bigger games.  Ouch...

baldrick

Re: Why we never want to go down...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:57:27 PM »

Ten more than Crawley brought on Saturday.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »

I don't see your point. Crawley is over 200 miles away.
Come on Alty!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »

Hyde took 30 fans to Northwich....that would have been one of our  bigger games.  Ouch...

Equally  worryingly, that means Vics had 460 home supporters for a Saturday game against a local team.

I don't think that will pay Elam's wages somehow (assuming they have started paying their players again!)
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »

Equally  worryingly, that means Vics had 460 home supporters for a Saturday game against a local team.

I don't think that will pay Elam's wages somehow (assuming they have started paying their players again!)

How dare you 1981?   Elam didn't go for the money, he went to be nearer his home in Yorkshire didn't he?  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 02:09:31 PM »

Eh?  I'm saying that would be a derby...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »

How dare you 1981?   Elam didn't go for the money, he went to be nearer his home in Yorkshire didn't he?  ::)

;D
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 06:12:14 PM »

I assume he bought Robbie Savage's atlas........

mrsband

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 07:47:05 PM »

Apparently the Hyde fans made a decision to boycott the game in objection to the admission prices/car parking charges/arrogant attitude etc. I only know this because I spent sat afternoon watching cricket with a load of them!!!
The other reason for not going was probably pretty simple, Northwich are a bunch of tossers! I dont blame them for not wanting to give them a penny!
 ;)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:12:07 PM »

Apparently the Hyde fans made a decision to boycott the game in objection to the admission prices/car parking charges/arrogant attitude etc. I only know this because I spent sat afternoon watching cricket with a load of them!!!
The other reason for not going was probably pretty simple, Northwich are a bunch of tossers! I dont blame them for not wanting to give them a penny!
 ;)

Thanks MrsB
At our pre-season friendly they were charging £2 to park ! I like many others turned the car round and put it on the road.
This club have once again reneged on paying what they owe and some of them are crowing already at easily overcoming their ten point deduction
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 11:50:15 PM »

Nice to see you on here again Mrs B, how's the old man doing these days?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »

;)

A tad harsh maybe.... but fair ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 10:00:57 AM by Brian Flynn »
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team