News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 One Hundred Reasons Why I Hate Crawley

Author Topic: One Hundred Reasons Why I Hate Crawley  (Read 3010 times)

markecky

« on: September 13, 2009, 12:37:18 AM »

I wanted to list 100 reasons why I despise Crawely....

1) The whole corruption thing from the previous directors...and then the new board that pops up out of nowhere.

2) Steve Evans.  Not so much for the fact he is such an obnoxious little shell suited barrel of a man.  Just for the fact he so stupid in his after match comments.  Yes Crawley were much the better side first half but Senior could have easily scored.  Second half was closer and we were on top a lot of it.

3) 20 away fans when you get 900-1000 at home.  And 20 away fans who didn't even clap the team out, off at half team, back on at half time, sing a song, offer any encouragement or do anything.  Whats the point of coming 200 miles to stand there like a dummy?

4) Crawley players, nigggling...fouling all game

5) Crawley cries of being a small budget side, wonder if they enjoyed the stay at the Marriott in Hale Barns..lifes tough.

I do the other 95 tomorrow....

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: One Hundred Reasons Why I Hate Crawley
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »

I've just read JLs report,and can't believe the Crawley comments that have come out. A draw was fair result. They edged first half,we edged second, though I expect nothing else from the C U Next Tuesday that is Evans.

Add to the list that Peanut (yes,spelt it like that for a reason) did not take his MOTM award, just shows what sort of club Crawley is.I just wish they would be crap,get relegated and we could be rid of horrible clubs like this. At least a club like Grays play honest and usually get summat off us (in reference to Crawleys cynical challenging)l
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 12:57:28 AM »

Regarding the refusal of their man of the match award, perhaps we should drink the bubbly on his behalf and then present him with the empty bottle at their place?  :D

What a knobsock!
Come on Alty!

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 07:59:22 AM »

knobsock!

GREAT WORD - i like it have a goodwin.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »

5) Crawley cries of being a small budget side, wonder if they enjoyed the stay at the Marriott in Hale Barns..lifes tough.

They travelled the same day and arrived at the ground at 2pm.

No 6. Steve Evans highlights in his hair.
@AltyDaz

markecky

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »

They travelled the same day and arrived at the ground at 2pm.

No 6. Steve Evans highlights in his hair.

Damn my misinformation..can we pretend that they stayed there as it fits my argument better?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 09:54:38 AM »

@AltyDaz

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:28:09 PM »

If it's any consolation Ecky, they travelled in the VIP coach of King's Ferry coaches. This is a very swish vehicle (Geoff would concur !) The days when visiting teams arrived by train at Alty and used a fleet of cabs to and from the ground are, alas, gone.

I well remember three of us shuttling Gravesend & Northfleet as I still prefer to think of them after a 3-1 Robins victory inthe 80's.

Stockportalty

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 10:25:27 AM »

I wasn't there on Saturday. but have first hand experience of Mr Evans' rantings. Surely if his team were so dominant, clearly, in his opinion, a far far better side, they should have buried us alive. We should take pride after reading his comments that we stayed so strong and kept them out. AND my understanding was that Stu saved the penalty, not that their player missed it.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 10:51:02 AM »

Reading his aftermatch report . Evans must have been at a different game to the rest of us. Ok they were the better team in the first half. Having said that they didnt manage to score.  I thought we were much better in the second half and had plenty of chances to win the game ourselves..  Stuart did save the penalty and not as the numpty Evans stated his lad missed it.   If you are going to make comments immediately after the final whistle Evans, lets have some balance in your comments and not the usual blx you come out with.

One last point.. Yet again we had another poor referee on Saturday.  Are their any decent refs in the BSP pool of Men in Black (Will Smith would have been a better option than the short arse we had last Sat).

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »

You just have to take Evans as he is, a gold medal winning pillock and have a good laugh at him.

His comments are usually so ridiculous that they never fail to raise a laugh. He is a legend in his own mind and lives in his own little footballing world.
I am sure that there isn't a player over 21 or another manager in the BSP who does not think the same.

As for the ref..............bewildering inconsistency........needs to be sent back to youth football to get some practice
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 06:09:35 PM »

You just have to take Evans as he is, a gold medal winning pillock and have a good laugh at him.

His comments are usually so ridiculous that they never fail to raise a laugh. He is a legend in his own mind and lives in his own little footballing world.
I am sure that there isn't a player over 21 or another manager in the BSP who does not think the same.

As for the ref..............bewildering inconsistency........needs to be sent back to youth football to get some practice

On Saturday's showing, he'd struggle in youth football. He should simply pack it in and take up knitting.......though he did look to be built for limbo dancing.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team