PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley match thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Crawley match thread  (Read 12594 times)

tpark2

Re: Crawley match thread
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2009, 05:21:50 PM »

I was sat right in front of Robbies tackle and it seemed a little harsh to get sent off but its one of those tackles that refs don't really know how to deal with. Robbie just looked like a player who was brought back from injury far to early. The tackle was just late not malicious  but he was just not up to match speed. I think this 3 game ban will be a blessing in disguise for him, it will let him fully recover and hopefully be completely fit after the ban. I think the second half performance was brilliant. Chris Denham looks very good, doesnt give the defenders time to breath and pressed the play well. Will anything happen to Louis for what he did at the end? 

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »

I think this 3 game ban will be a blessing in disguise for him, it will let him fully recover and hopefully be completely fit after the ban.

The only way he's going to get "match fit" is by playing matches. Sitting out for another 3 games will be of no benefit at all.
Come on Alty!

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »

Altyusa where are you over there? Bogman due in LA Monday, then Chicago Wed/Thurs!

Bogman, sorry about the late reply , checking in and out today.  Currently at Mother in Law's in Denver then back to Columbia, Missouri, half way between Kansas City and St Louis.  Not to far from Chicago though really.  Have you been to Chicago before?  One of my favourite cities here, think you'll really like it.  Cheers.

starjammer

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2009, 07:08:54 PM »

I was very close to the Lawton sending off incident, and I'd have been surprised had he got a yellow card - never mind a red. The icing on the cake for an appalling display of refereeing incompetence. I don't see how Robbie could have avoided making contact in such an incident. Players from neither side reacted as if anyone thought it warranted a sending off - poor decision!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2009, 08:18:36 PM »

Firstly what a great performance the second half was, deserved 3 points in that alone. The penalty I couldn't see as was at Chequers end, Coburn's save was first class, and a comment to Raynor who apllauded (sp?) the save.

Raynor also commented to say that 'you should see what it likes working with him' after many heckles directed towards that goon of a manager. His save from Denham in the second half was a good stop and it was good to see a keeper have a bit of light hearted banter, especially regarding the goal last year.

Didn't see Lawton's challenge as was distracted.

I'm sure we've had that ref before and he was ok, I can't understand looking at your watch whilst a ball is in motion from a corner, baffled me that...

dopamine

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2009, 09:16:39 AM »

And i've never seen another keeper give up some of his drink to the striker on him at a corner (then again, who's cheeky enough to ask other than Chris Senior...)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2009, 09:42:59 AM »

I'm sure we've had that ref before and he was ok, I can't understand looking at your watch whilst a ball is in motion from a corner, baffled me that...

The ref had done 2 previous games at moss lane and they were

Alty  5 Cambridge 1 2007-2008 season ?
Alty 4 Weymouth 0 last season
@AltyDaz

jim fallon

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »

oh my fooking god just had a quick listen to Steve Evans on the bbc, sorry I know this has been said hundreds of times but the bloke needs shooting what an absolute nob jocky  :-*

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »

Please please please can we have a man who runs in beyond the back post at corners, almost every corner we had was a touch too long or was flicked on by a defender at least by having a player there we could continue the attack.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2009, 01:31:11 PM »

Please please please can we have a man who runs in beyond the back post at corners, almost every corner we had was a touch too long or was flicked on by a defender at least by having a player there we could continue the attack.
[/quote
Sounds like a job for Shaun or Buzz.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley match thread