PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham are a bit ambitious arnt they?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wrexham are a bit ambitious arnt they?  (Read 7011 times)

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham are a bit ambitious arnt they?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »

I think Wrexham would be better off rebuilding properly for the future rather than trying to tempt aged has-beens into playing for them. It just shows how out of his depth Saunders is.

If we could bag a former premiership striker, who was decent. I would jump at the chance. It may also bring in a couple extra supporters to see the guy play (and score).

I remember when we had a big fanfare when we signed a former prem keeper, even though it ended up being andy dribble (who was crap) and ended being palmed off to Barry and Stockport.

MichaelH

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »

How about Dwight Yorke?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 04:54:05 PM »

I think Wrexham would be better off rebuilding properly for the future rather than trying to tempt aged has-beens into playing for them. It just shows how out of his depth Saunders is.

So, for the sake of argument, if Andy Cole or Ole Solskjaer came along and said they fancied a game and would play for free, then you'd say no, sorry, you're a has been and we're building for the future.

And it is purely for the sake of an argument as usual Phil. You know as well as I do that Tugay would not play for Wrexham for rockall while doing his coaching badges.

Butty

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »

The difference in the argument there is in this hypothetical situation, Cole or Solskjaer would ask to play for us, not the manager chasing a player

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »

So, for the sake of argument, if Andy Cole or Ole Solskjaer came along and said they fancied a game and would play for free, then you'd say no, sorry, you're a has been and we're building for the future.

Yes I would. We're not Garforth Town and it would not be in our long term interests to sign footballing pensioners.

Arguably then, and depending on your definition of footballing pensioners, your point of view would preclude us re-signing Colin Little next season. Before I get leapt on I'm not advocating this at all merely trying to engender some debate.

It used to be the case that a PFA member was entitled to their pension from that body at 35 years of age so shall we use that definition?

However, if a player of the quality of Tugay, Cole, Solskjaer etc did become available, was affordable and I thought they'd do some good I'd snatch their bloody hand off

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 06:09:03 PM »

Yes I would. We're not Garforth Town and it would not be in our long term interests to sign footballing pensioners.

Arguably then, and depending on your definition of footballing pensioners, your point of view would preclude us re-signing Colin Little next season. Before I get leapt on I'm not advocating this at all merely trying to engender some debate.

It used to be the case that a PFA member was entitled to their pension from that body at 35 years of age so shall we use that definition?

However, if a player of the quality of Tugay, Cole, Solskjaer etc did become available, was affordable and I thought they'd do some good I'd snatch their bloody hand off

I just can't be arsed.
Come on Alty!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 07:03:26 PM »

I seem to recall something similar on championship manager that Saunders is trying to do, there follows a press release calling the manager 'desperate'...  I would place him in that category...

markecky

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 07:57:16 PM »

I just can't be arsed.

Yeah but for the sake of argument and playing devils advocate....

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 08:52:51 AM »

Going to Wrexham wouldn't be all bad I'm sure the Welsh Assembly would chip in with half his wages ! Still a slippery slope spending what you can't afford  :P will they ever learn  ::)

bighairedmike

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 05:42:06 PM »

Wasnt it wrexham that tried to sign Kiki Musampa last year as well...?

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »

They would sign Kiki Dee if they could.

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2009, 04:41:18 PM »

They could sign Kiki Musampa and his brother Chris  :P he'd be handy around december time.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »

They could sign Kiki Musampa and his brother Chris  :P he'd be handy around december time.

Lol, that did make me chuckle... :)

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »

Lol, that did make me chuckle... :)

It sleighed me as well !
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham are a bit ambitious arnt they?