PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 6546 times)

alty86

Re: Tonight
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 07:51:57 AM »

lets just beat Kettering, 6 points from 9, and not a bad start to the season...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 08:38:56 AM »

THIS IS NOT THE START OF ANOTHER CAMPAIGN

but....

Although Matt Doughty is an excellent signing I think that he needs to improve the defensive component of his performance.

People have criticised Chris Lane as the goals seemed to emanate from his side of the park but over and over again the right hand side was exposed because the three remaining defenders were covering across whilst Doughty tried to get back from one of his (excellent) attacking forays hence leaving a huge gap where our right back would normally have been

Alty365

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 09:08:49 AM »

Alty 365 - what a gem! He comes to Moss Lane and scores, and you reckon "any duffer could have scored that"  ::) Talk about club coloured spectacles!  ;D Right place, right time, mate, and now he's playing for a team that plays for each other.
enjoy this evening's humble pie, but I suspect as the season goes on your going to be sick of it!  ;D

Why don't you just go and support Barrow so you can lick Logan's arse every week? I don't care what he did last night or what he does at any other point this season, I still say he is nothing more than a distinctly average player. To be honest, I'm quite disturbed at how much you seem to have enjoyed his goal. Did you cheer when he scored?

Alex

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 09:17:11 AM »

cheer? he probably creamed all over the people around him

Alty365

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »

I think a few people need to get their priorities in order because it seems to me that they genuinely went to last night's game hoping to see Logan score and for Barrow to win just to be able to see "I told you so". These people need to seriously question their loyalty in my view.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 09:39:25 AM »

Its nothing about told you so and I am Alty through and through. Logan was given a hard time at Alty for no reason, it is as simple as that. Put it this way before Elam came on I would have LOVED to see logan on our left wing with Denham on our right !!! Meechan to me seems a plain player as I know its very early but McGregor does not seem a solid centre back.

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »

I'm in no position to comment on McGregor's performance last night but I thought he was excellent at Woking on Saturday. To be honest last night's game sounds so bizarre in many ways that I think it's just best forgotten from a defensive point of view. At least we have positives we can take from it though.

Alex

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »

Its nothing about told you so and I am Alty through and through. Logan was given a hard time at Alty for no reason, it is as simple as that. Put it this way before Elam came on I would have LOVED to see logan on our left wing with Denham on our right !!! Meechan to me seems a plain player as I know its very early but McGregor does not seem a solid centre back.

so by your logic Justin Bowler should get a standing ovation next time we come across him. no one passed to him, he never got more than 15 mins to show what he could do, he showed up for training each week. just because you saw someone do a step over you decided there the an amazing player with lots of talent? give me a break he scored a tap in like he did for us against runcorn get over it

joe

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »

I think all this hype over Carlos Logan is ridiculous. He's not class but at the same time he's not crap. He's an average left winger who will do a job for a club if he's played enough to keep match fit.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 10:21:39 AM »

Not getting into this again but I completely agree with Mr needham  :-X

Alty365

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 10:30:45 AM »

I think this is a perfect point at which to draw a line under this subject and look ahead to Saturday's game which looks to be an intriguing prospect!

Jenga

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2008, 12:34:29 PM »

THIS IS NOT THE START OF ANOTHER CAMPAIGN

but....

Although Matt Doughty is an excellent signing I think that he needs to improve the defensive component of his performance.

People have criticised Chris Lane as the goals seemed to emanate from his side of the park but over and over again the right hand side was exposed because the three remaining defenders were covering across whilst Doughty tried to get back from one of his (excellent) attacking forays hence leaving a huge gap where our right back would normally have been

Totally agree, I noticed this as well.

altyf

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2008, 01:03:58 PM »

Firstly, can we please just let this Carlos Logan debacle go? Regardless of how good/bad he was when he was at Moss Lane, he's gone now, he won't be back, it was inevitable he would score last night, he deserved a booing for time wasting when he was substituted, good luck to him at Barrow, we have better wingers now, end of story.

Secondly, I totally agree with whats being said about Matt Doughty. He supports the left wing so well going forward and he gives another dimension down that left flank, but he was getting exposed when they hit us (very well) on the counter attack. This could have been what caused the holes in our defence last night as the remaining back three had to completely change their position and shift to the left to cover him. Hopefully with a bit of work in training and we can get it sorted so he has the freedom to help out and put in some crosses without getting caught out.

Lastly, can I just ask oneedham out of interest, did you go to Woking on Saturday??

BarrowJacko

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2008, 01:51:47 PM »

You were very unlucky not to get a result last night after the comeback you made (TWICE)
your second was very unexpected though as 9 times out of 10 tim deasy is a safe kicker.however it was a good finish.
our defense struggled due to the wet conditions and thats where most of your chances came from.

regarding carlos logan he is a decent player who is confident to take on players and has pace.
his goal was superb but that was down to the great cross.

well unlucky alty and i hope to see you all at Holker street

Good Luck

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 02:28:34 PM »

I thought we would beat Barrow,but after Saturday should have known better,this sort of thing happens a lot in Football,a good away win,then a home defeat.Lets just hope it was a blip and that we do beat Kettering.One thing for sure it proves that players have to be at the top of their game in every match,no such thing as an easy game these days.
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight