PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Tonight  (Read 6547 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Tonight
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »

A couple of things from tonight.

We must start Elam and Denham on the wings.

Johnson looks a really really good player, just need to get him fit.

Think we were poor at the back, would love to see Shotton next to Young, we kept panicking when we  scored.

Little is god.

One last thing, not on here to start a debate, but the way Logan was treated was a disgrace. The lad was 22years old when he came to us and sat on our bench watching sh*te players play week in and week out in front of him on the wings. The likes of Toulson, O'Neil and Peyton. Does anyone really have a good reason to criticise him?????? he moved on because he is a player with ambition. He turned up to training every week and gave a hundred per cent every time he came on. No-one passed to him and he was slagged off at any slight mistake and there were players playing sh*te week in and week out. You booed because he is a talent. Good luck to the lad and  he will prove people wrong. He was great defensive too. People will try and say he played harder but he looked like the same player when he was wearing our shirt. I've never seen a player get abused so much in all my time for no reason whatsoever.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:08:06 PM »

I agree defensively we were atrocious tonight, too much space given at the back, this needs tightening up quickly.

I believe they had four shots on target and they scored them all!

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »

One last thing, not on here to start a debate, but the way Logan was treated was a disgrace. T

Absolute rubbish - he got booed and that was it really until he was sub'ed, nothing disgraceful at all if you ask me. Just normal banter as can be expected especially as he scored their second.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:15:08 PM »

I can't comment on what went on at tonight's game but I look forward to Carlos Logan's seemingly inevitable transfer to Chelsea and subsequent England debut.  ::)

alty_fc_senny

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 10:20:26 PM »

Yeh we were terrible in defence tonight, out first half performance wasnt good enough but we played a lot better in the second half and were very unlucky not to come away with a draw which i think would have been a fair result for both teams.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »

the central defenders just stood off their strikers time and time again .

Ian J

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

Agree that defending was poor.

But Denham was fantastic! My man of the match.

HeyAlty

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 10:35:35 PM »

One last thing, not on here to start a debate, but the way Logan was treated was a disgrace. The lad was 22years old when he came to us and sat on our bench watching sh*te players play week in and week out in front of him on the wings. The likes of Toulson, O'Neil and Peyton. Does anyone really have a good reason to criticise him?????? he moved on because he is a player with ambition. He turned up to training every week and gave a hundred per cent every time he came on. No-one passed to him and he was slagged off at any slight mistake and there were players playing sh*te week in and week out. You booed because he is a talent. Good luck to the lad and  he will prove people wrong. He was great defensive too. People will try and say he played harder but he looked like the same player when he was wearing our shirt. I've never seen a player get abused so much in all my time for no reason whatsoever.

All that happened was he was booed when walking off at an incredibly slow pace and don't you understand that he ran of to ireland to sign for another team without telling the manager.

Anyway Little was brilliant defense was disgraceful i dont blame coburn for being so furious at the defense. Elam made a huge impact but can't start him untill fully fit and denham was superb. Also thought chrissy lane had a poor tonight but i know he can do better. Need to win these games especially at home especially when eastbourne go away to stevenage and win!

joe

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 10:38:06 PM »

Can't defend like we did and expect to get anything from the match! We were terrible defensivly tonight. I thought Logan looked decent for Barrow but nothing special and Barrow as a whole were a lot better than i and i think many others expected. Think we just have to put tonight aside and concentrate on getting three points on Saturday. Surely we can't defend that badly again!

chrisrufc

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »

I loved tonight especially coming home to see us beat Sheffield Wednesday (Pigs) with ten men at Hillsborough  ;D

If Alty can guarantee entertainment like that every game this season the Moss Lane will be packed.  Chin up lads, Alty have the ability to do much better this season  :)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 11:18:46 PM »

Really don't know waht to say, suppose tonight sums up the rollercoster ride that is Alty.

Denham was class and the driving force down either wing.

Credit to Barrow they've two solid centre backs and break very quickly and very wide.

Our defending was pure schoolboy and at the most inoppurtune time. Really must tighten up at the back for Sat but going forward we certainly have more purpose than last season.

As for Logan I thougt he got off quite lightly, especially after the 2 or 3 back flips he performed after scoring.

Full time and proud of it

Longman

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »

Really don't know waht to say, suppose tonight sums up the rollercoster ride that is Alty.

Denham was class and the driving force down either wing.

Credit to Barrow they've two solid centre backs and break very quickly and very wide.

Our defending was pure schoolboy and at the most inoppurtune time. Really must tighten up at the back for Sat but going forward we certainly have more purpose than last season.

As for Logan I thougt he got off quite lightly, especially after the 2 or 3 back flips he performed after scoring.

Personally thought he was entitled to celebrate like that, he never got more than 15 minutes to prove himself at Alty, why should'nt he celebrate scoring against us.

Thought we created enough chances to at least get a draw, but we were suicidal at the back!  To be fair we created more chances than Barrow and we hit the post, it just wasn't our night!  We need to be picking up 3 points against Kettering with Kiddy and Wrexham coming up!

starjammer

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 12:19:45 AM »

Brave post, to stand up against the tide of pure bigotry and uninformed nonsense on here about Carlos Logan.

Alty 365 - what a gem! He comes to Moss Lane and scores, and you reckon "any duffer could have scored that"  ::) Talk about club coloured spectacles!  ;D Right place, right time, mate, and now he's playing for a team that plays for each other.
enjoy this evening's humble pie, but I suspect as the season goes on your going to be sick of it!  ;D

RocketDan

reality check
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 12:34:25 AM »

there keeper was shocking, we are very fortunate, a team with a good keeper would have beat us 4-1 tonight.

i think we will gel at the back but we could do with a shotton-esque player to come in. Hopefully that can become as strong as denham, johnson and little who were again very very impressive. If we score three goals at home we should win, simple as.

I also think barrow were hungrier and more up for it tonight. Proving the doubters wrong, infront of an impressive away turn out.

good luck to them, maybe they can do a histon.

chrisrufc

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 01:51:37 AM »

Code: [Select]
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/7541891.stm
According to our reliable BBC friends there were only 100 less people at Moss Lane than at Portman Road!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonight