PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It really is time we made the first round , how long is it now ?6 seasons
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: It really is time we made the first round , how long is it now ?6 seasons  (Read 6529 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

ok would have preffered a home draw but surely we cant mess up at kendal

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Arrgghh! You shouldn't have said that.  We are Alty - remember FA Cup humiliations against Mossley, Accrington, Ashton, Winsford...

Imagine a chill wind blowing in off Lake Windermere, mist and drizzle swirling in the floodlights, Peter Wright demonstrating he could have made it at Alty, cultured Ryan Shotton finding himself three foot up in the air the first time he turns inside an attacker, Colin Potts half buried in the pitch after a robust challenge from a full back...

I can easily imagine us stuffing this one up 0-1 - but I can also easily imagine us progressing to the promised land of the first round proper.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

No, no I'm confident of a result................then we'll get Workington or Boston away in the first round. Or Tamworth/Burton.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Alex

omg if we got boston away that would be interesting

teasybeaver

Headline classics on the way:

Robins get their wings clipped!

Alty made to eat humble cake as Kendal hit mint form!

More cup woe for Heathcote.........etc etc

I can see this being another big scalp for a minnow. I just hope the players take it seriously enough! If they do, we will be ok.

And please, lets not push the money issue too much. The last thing the players need is the pressure of people making them feel like the club needs the money to progress! Lets just enjoy the fun of the cup and hope for a good outcome!

Alex

whats with all the neitivity bloody hell what would the reaction have been if we had got cambridge? let's be positive 3-0 alty

teasybeaver

whats with all the neitivity bloody hell what would the reaction have been if we had got cambridge? let's be positive 3-0 alty

In the past the positive we'll win 3-0 attitude has made for some interesting walks and drives home wondering how we managed to play so badly against teams who were nothing more than plucky.

I love the FA cup, it will always have a magic for me. But caution is recommended!

In any case, COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE BASTARDS! Lets have that 1st round tie at leeds!

ukvegan

It's about time Kendal made the 1st round again, too.  We might be in the Unibond Premier but there's no clogging stuff goes on here - although you might have to resort to that once Wrighty gets at you.  There might be two divisions between us, but you'll get a decent game of football from us.

By the way, how many do you reckon you'll bring up here?

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

about 250

Alex

could be more depending on saturdays result a win might get the more undecided away travelers to travel aswell

ukvegan

Re: It really is time we made the first round , how long is it now ?6 seasons
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 04:50:09 PM »

Well it's dead easy to get to off the M6 and the train station is 5 minutes away by taxi so there's no excuse for anyone not coming up.

Jenga

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 08:21:27 PM »

Does you snack bar do burgers and hot dogs by the way?

harv

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 10:51:37 PM »

Beaver if we did get leeds would you be going??
or would be checking on the internet
as i feel that could be the last alty match for us especially with those racist redneck pikey bastards

teasybeaver

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2007, 07:57:09 AM »

Beaver if we did get leeds would you be going??
or would be checking on the internet
as i feel that could be the last alty match for us especially with those racist redneck pikey bastards

I would be in attendance if at all possible. I have been to elland road before, its really not as scary as they would like people to think it is. In any case I will worry about that if we get past Kendal away, it should be a good game, gutted i'll be watching some poxy French game instead.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 08:31:09 AM »

Does you snack bar do burgers and hot dogs by the way?

I remember they do pies & peas. The snack bar is to the left of the main stand. I don't remember if there is a 2nd one (it has been a few years!)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It really is time we made the first round , how long is it now ?6 seasons