https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 veiga
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: veiga  (Read 6512 times)

Red N White Dynamite

Re: veiga
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 01:41:14 PM »

I'm ever so sorry about all this. But to be fair its not our fault we have the best keeper in the league and your forwards cant put a shot on target.

More idiocy!

If we couldn't muster a shot on target why was your wonderful keeper called upon to make such a good save in the first place?

Is everyone in Tamworth thick as f**k or what?? Think about what you're posting before you make an arse of yourself!

bighairedmike

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 05:16:43 PM »

I'm ever so sorry about all this. But to be fair its not our fault we have the best keeper in the league and your forwards cant put a shot on target.

maybe you should say this when your goal difference isn't -17.

fgrfan

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 05:27:22 PM »

best keeper in the league  :D veiga had a trial at forest green i believe in pre season in a behind closed doors friendly and didn't do very well apparently. i must say that our keeper who jim harvey brought in from morecambe, ryan robinson has been exceptional and i have full confidence in him. veiga, believe me is not the best goalkeeper in the conference

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »

going on goal difference in the league there are 21 teams with a better goal difference than tamworth. only stafford and st albans have a worse goal diffference. surely this says something about the keeper.  ??? 8) :)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Veiga
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 05:53:50 PM »

In what way does goal difference indicate the the quality of otherwise of a keeper. Surely the keeper has to rely heavily on the quality of the defence in front of him and they rely on the quality of the midfield to win / keep the ball. Goal difference indicates the strength of the team as a whole.
When I let 90 goals a season in for my team, I recall only one was my fault (said with a keepers sincerity)

Veiga had a good game, he did his job. The timewasting was not breaking the rules. We would have done exactly the same. I bet if Rod or Colin had scored the chances they had, you would not have seen any timewasting at 1-1.

Best keeper in the league...........thought the guy from Woking was good, but cannot remember his name
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Veiga
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 06:08:33 PM »

Best keeper in the league...........thought the guy from Woking was good, but cannot remember his name

I seem to recall that the giant figure of Scott Bevan stopped everything when we played Kidderminster Harriers at Moss Lane back in January.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 08:04:37 PM »

scott bevan was quality. is he the one who lost a kidney?

T.A

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 08:09:23 PM »

scott bevan was quality. is he the one who lost a kidney?
yeh

andrewflynn

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 08:32:56 PM »

cheers tim

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 08:34:08 PM »

he is an amazing keeper, is that kidderminsters keeper?

fgrfan

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 08:35:04 PM »

he lost his kidney against us! julian alsop went in for a simple challenge on him. minutes later he goes off injured and goes and leans on the dugout. we hear the next day that he had to have a huge op! i think its bevan??

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 08:37:36 PM »

yea it is leight.
i never new he lost his kidney against us tho!
how long ago was that?

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 08:51:31 PM »

that was from an FGR fan you muppet!  ;D

lukealty12

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 08:53:24 PM »

ye he was brilliant.

Leighton_Alty

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 08:57:17 PM »