News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Having dreams about Alty...

Author Topic: Having dreams about Alty...  (Read 2635 times)

markecky

« on: July 06, 2013, 10:59:38 PM »

HAs anyone ever had a dream about Alty and can remember it?  Genuine question...

I had one last night.

I'd love to tell you that I was playing for us, Showler went down the wing and whipped it in and I rose like a salmon to power the header home in the last minute.  The Golf Road erupted and we were promoted, I was chaired from the pitch by the lads, wonderful.

Sadly not.

It was actually that it was first game of the season and we were away.  Don't know who we were playing but it was at Spennymoors ground.  There was a random woman in nets.  No one was arsed except me and I kept saying that I can't believe we have started the season with this woman in goals.  She was in full kit, the lot.

We conceded a goal where she spilled it and then the ball rolled backwards towards the line at about 2 mph.  She just sat there and let it roll in.  I went mad and marched to the other end and had a right go at her.  She threw her gloves on the floor and marched off and the game was abandoned and everyone blamed me!!  No one else was thought it was odd!!

Bit odd!

bighairedmike

Re: Having dreams about Alty...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 12:07:49 AM »

HAs anyone ever had a dream about Alty and can remember it?  Genuine question...

I had one last night.

I'd love to tell you that I was playing for us, Showler went down the wing and whipped it in and I rose like a salmon to power the header home in the last minute.  The Golf Road erupted and we were promoted, I was chaired from the pitch by the lads, wonderful.

Sadly not.

It was actually that it was first game of the season and we were away.  Don't know who we were playing but it was at Spennymoors ground.  There was a random woman in nets.  No one was arsed except me and I kept saying that I can't believe we have started the season with this woman in goals.  She was in full kit, the lot.

We conceded a goal where she spilled it and then the ball rolled backwards towards the line at about 2 mph.  She just sat there and let it roll in.  I went mad and marched to the other end and had a right go at her.  She threw her gloves on the floor and marched off and the game was abandoned and everyone blamed me!!  No one else was thought it was odd!!

Bit odd!

Was it Spennymoor?

markecky

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 12:26:28 AM »

That's the thing mate, it wasn't. 

decman7

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 01:24:01 AM »

I had a dream I ran onto the pitch at Moss Lane and T**tted the Barrow keeper. He looked a bit like Russell Sauders.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »

I had one that we got promoted last season and had to buy ecky a line of shots across the bar,

then i woke up :D

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »

Doesn't sound that odd for Spennymoor

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 12:21:04 PM »

when you say she was in full kit, was she wearing shorts and a keepers top or stockings, suspenders and a basque. Depending on your answer could make all the difference to the meaning of your dream.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 02:19:13 PM »

I often have a dream where I am taking the team to an away fixture, but forget my car....so start walking with them hoping no-one will notice....

on a separate subject is anyone losing weight on this cheese only diet?

Hamilton

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 07:09:57 PM »

I often have a dream where I am taking the team to an away fixture, but forget my car....so start walking with them hoping no-one will notice....

on a separate subject is anyone losing weight on this cheese only diet?

:D - cheesy grin!

re Jenga's comment, I love the fact that some commentators - mostly on R5live - describe the kit as (e.g.) red & white striped shirt, red shorts and red stockings!

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 12:15:54 AM »

In the early 60's it was described as red and white stripes, red KNICKERS and red stockings - a whole different ball game!

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 05:44:44 PM »

Whenever I dream about Moss Lane it always has double tiered stands - old school brick ones. It looks quite impressive.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team