News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Spitting your dummy out

Author Topic: Spitting your dummy out  (Read 5446 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Spitting your dummy out
« on: June 22, 2013, 12:03:40 PM »

The winger has decided to move on, ending an eight-year association with Brackley... And Brady has been forced to accept that the Saints simply couldn’t compete with the money Mike Ford’s outfit were offering. 'He’d been offered an incredible deal by Oxford City', said the Brackley boss. 'I wanted to keep Tom. He’s been an incredible servant to the football club, he had seven to eight years here. But I couldn’t get anywhere near what they’re offering him. I wasn’t going to ruin our wage structure. Tommy told me what he was being offered and, if Mike Ford can spend that on players, then we’ll see how he deals with that sort of pressure. They’ll have to perform instead of finishing about 30 points behind us like they did last year'...

What a massive bellend, yet again spouting the we're little Brackley we pay everyone £60 a week.

Jezza

Re: Spitting your dummy out
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »

poor oxford fans I say...........they must see what's coming.....and Brackley clearly don't like being beaten at their own game....

York Alty

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »

Oxford City...disaster in the making.

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »

Good luck to them until this happened they would've been going nowhere fast and let's face it we never asked questions when we signed kilcline gleghorn dibble and Russell for a kings ransom

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »

Good luck to them until this happened they would've been going nowhere fast and let's face it we never asked questions when we signed kilcline gleghorn dibble and Russell for a kings ransom

Very true Jimmy but that was a long time ago. There have been enough big profile cases at all levels since.

The osterich's neck is getting ridiculously long.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:29:54 PM by RockyRobin »
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 08:25:12 PM »

I don't know oxford city's history but I'm assuming they've risen to this level over many years and tootled along reasonably happily with successes over the years without even realising they were a global brand of merchandise.....not only are they very very clearly heading for disaster they are being made a laughing stock in the process.........good luck indeed to them coz they are going to need it.....

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 08:36:07 PM »

Maybe it's better to live fast and die young

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 01:41:23 AM »

Live fast die young?

Oxford City - founded 1882

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 05:36:48 AM »

Yes and life has been very dull for most of that time

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 09:30:39 AM »

The club was formed in 1882 and soon became the leading club in Oxfordshire, winning the FA Amateur Cup in 1906, before joining the Isthmian League the following year.

In the latter half of the 20th century, the club went into decline and soon fell behind Headington United after that club turned professional in 1949. An attempt was made to return the club to success in 1979 when it became a limited company and later when the legendary Bobby Moore was appointed manager with his former West Ham United team-mate Harry Redknapp as his assistant.

The club reached its lowest point in 1988 when they were evicted from their White House Ground by their landlords Brasenose College, who sold it off for housing. Forced to resign from the Isthmian League, the club did not return to senior football until 1990 when based at Cutteslowe Park, they entered the South Midlands League Division One, winning promotion in their first season. They returned to the Isthmian League in 1993 when they also moved to their current ground. The club continued to climb through the divisions of that League during the 1990s and reached the final of the FA Vase in 1995.

Highlights of the next decade included two years in the Isthmian League Premier Division and an epic FA Cup run in 1999–2000 which culminated in a three-game battle against Wycombe Wanderers in the First Round proper, eventually being edged out 1–0 at Oxford United's Manor Ground. The first replay had been abandoned due to a fire alarm just as the penalty shootout was about to start;[1] this remains the only FA Cup tie to go to a second replay since the FA ruled all ties should be settled after a maximum of two games. This rule change also means that City's other FA Cup record – the six games needed before losing to Alvechurch in 1971–72 – will probably never be beaten.

In 2005 the club were relegated back to the South Midlands League, but were promoted at the first time of asking under manager Andy Lyne, winning both the Championship and the Premier Cup.

In November 2006 Lyne resigned as manager to become the club's Director of Football. He was succeeded by Justin Merritt as Player Manager with former Oxford United player Mike Ford as his assistant. Merritt subsequently stepped down in August 2009 and Ford took over as manager.

On 3 May 2008, Oxford City were promoted from the Southern League Division One South and West with a 1–0 win over Uxbridge.

The club currently run over 30 teams under the chairmanship of Brian Cox, with sides for men, women, boys and girls.

In the club's first season in the Premier Division they finished in 6th place, narrowly missing out on the playoffs.

In 2011/2012 Oxford City finished 2nd after narrowly missing out on the title. They won the playoff final against AFC Totton to gain promotion to Conference North for the first time in their history.

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 10:00:02 AM »

With crowds of 250 they need a sugar daddy we are lucky we have 800 crowds despite having little success in recent years
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 12:54:15 PM by Jimmy »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 11:07:08 AM »

With crowds of 250 they need a sugar daddy we are lucky we have 800 crowds despite having little success in recant years

Part of this I think is down to the atmosphere that is created in the ground and the superb ways in which fans can interact such as this forum, radiorobins and alty tv.  As time goes on and memories of past glories fade I am heartened to see so many new and younger fans following alty, at the end of the day if the product is exciting and interesting, people will still watch.  I believe that if we were in the conference national and had a competitive team (pipe dream perhaps) that we would sustain crowds of near 2,000.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 05:57:56 PM »

With crowds of 250 they need a sugar daddy we are lucky we have 800 crowds despite having little success in recant years

Part of this I think is down to the atmosphere that is created in the ground and the superb ways in which fans can interact such as this forum, radiorobins and alty tv.  As time goes on and memories of past glories fade I am heartened to see so many new and younger fans following alty, at the end of the day if the product is exciting and interesting, people will still watch.  I believe that if we were in the conference national and had a competitive team (pipe dream perhaps) that we would sustain crowds of near 2,000.

2000? home fans or 2000 including away supporters?

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »

Including 200-500 away
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile