News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shackles Off

Author Topic: Shackles Off  (Read 4544 times)

dino

Shackles Off
« on: September 28, 2010, 11:51:27 PM »

What a difference attacking teams. that was great to watch

Denham cutting through them like a knife thro butter

Reeves scoring from a cross

Pouring forward looking for the win

4  players in the box when attacking

Superb effort.  Some of the defending was X rated , and those with heart problems may need to consult their doctor b4 Saturday.

All those who thought there was no alternative to Heathcotes methods should have been there tonite.

well done King Ken

Dougals Dad

Re: Shackles Off
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 12:16:33 AM »

Superb effort.  Some of the defending was X rated , and those with heart problems may need to consult their doctor b4 Saturday.

All those who thought there was no alternative to Heathcotes methods should have been there tonite.

well done King Ken

FFS, can't you let it go now!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:25:15 AM »

well done King Ken

With my now legendary 'Devils Advocate' hat on.....why should he?

There has been a tangible difference in the way the team plays, in the perceived commitment and confidence. Is this purely coincidental? Would it have happened without a change of Manager?

I guess only the players can tell you that but surely, this being a forum, any member of that forum is permitted (within obvious guidelines of taste and legal requirements) to express a view are they not?

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:09 AM »

I have to say that there has been a tangible difference since Kenny took over, in terms of fighting spirit and goal threat in particular. PLEASE PLEASE MR ROWLEY, GIVE HIM THE JOB NOW!

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »

well done King Ken

With my now legendary 'Devils Advocate' hat on.....why should he?

There has been a tangible difference in the way the team plays, in the perceived commitment and confidence. Is this purely coincidental? Would it have happened without a change of Manager?

I guess only the players can tell you that but surely, this being a forum, any member of that forum is permitted (within obvious guidelines of taste and legal requirements) to express a view are they not?

I agree. Leave him alone - fair point well made in my opinion

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 09:29:53 AM »

I agree that it's great to see us go for it...most notable was the keeping a striker up when we are defending corners....something we've nearly all been crying out for for years.

But can we please just enjoy it, move forward and not keep harping back to try and win petty fkn brownie one up man ship points?...or shall we compare this with how better it is than the stan allen era?

If ken can sort out the defence we are going to go places....either way yes it is exciting......but lets not live in the past coz it makes you sound like a right old fuddy duddy with a very sad grudge.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 11:19:44 AM »

I agree that it's great to see us go for it...most notable was the keeping a striker up when we are defending corners....something we've nearly all been crying out for for years.

But can we please just enjoy it, move forward and not keep harping back to try and win petty fkn brownie one up man ship points?...or shall we compare this with how better it is than the stan allen era?

If ken can sort out the defence we are going to go places....either way yes it is exciting......but lets not live in the past coz it makes you sound like a right old fuddy duddy with a very sad grudge.

Good post.. Whats been before has now gone

no point in looking back

Onwards and Upwards folks

Cmon ALty

finnquark

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »

Was the game sexy? That's what Maison reckons...

AltySi

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 12:26:36 PM »

I agree with Dino as well, it's great to see us trying to win games that in the past we would have stlled for a point in. Very refreshing indeed. I think we should give Kenny the job now.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 01:03:30 PM »

I don't disagree with the sentiment of Dino's post about the new adventurous McKenna inspired way of playing. All I am saying is GH has gone so its time to leave the antagonism towards him & concentrate on the positives.

(As if to accentuate the point Heathcote jumped up onto the keyboard as I started to type as he wanted to agree with me!)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »

Was the game sexy? That's what Maison reckons...

Quite a good interview with Monsieur Maison on the BBC site.To be fair he is fairly complimentary about us.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 05:51:50 PM »

Just about to post the same thing - he clearly doesn't subscribe to the "provincial reporter attempting to get a bigger gig by using MoTD cliches" script.

robins1978

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »

I don't disagree with the sentiment of Dino's post about the new adventurous McKenna inspired way of playing. All I am saying is GH has gone so its time to leave the antagonism towards him & concentrate on the positives.

(As if to accentuate the point Heathcote jumped up onto the keyboard as I started to type as he wanted to agree with me!)
:) :) :) :) :)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 07:50:11 PM »

I think it is OK for Dino to draw comparisons at this stage.

It's the same players )almost) and in the same month. Let him be, if it happens in December then OK time to STFU.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

VofD

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 10:20:37 PM »

I think it is OK for Dino to draw comparisons at this stage.

It's the same players )almost) and in the same month. Let him be, if it happens in December then OK time to STFU.

Cote : ONE point from 24

Ken   : FIVE points from 12
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shackles Off