PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad line-up
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Squad line-up  (Read 7793 times)

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Squad line-up
« on: August 22, 2020, 05:16:09 PM »

There's an update on the squad for next season on the official club website now.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad line-up
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »

Everything we wanted to hear, more or less have a great squad sorted for next season now.

Let us know asap re season tickets, I am ready to buy now.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 05:52:04 PM »

Thanks for the update John, looking forward to the interviews now, but at least we know everyone has signed up.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 06:16:30 PM »

Worrying number of players on two year deals, especially given some are naturally just sqaud players with the quality Infront of them

For instance, Richman has been with the club ten years. Have we had many approaches to suggest someone might put in a bid for him?

Likewise Tom Peers left us for FC Utd in a relegation battle?

Worries me if we have to make a changes if we have a slow start or if we need a reshuffle next season to kick on and have to move contracted players on.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 06:23:44 PM by HashtagAlty »
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 06:25:23 PM »

These are actually very valid points HashtagAlty. They were going through my head too. My answer would be, first we need to trust the management but also the players themselves. These contracts will give them a bit of security. If down the road changes need to be made, I'm sure these lads would not hold us to ransom if we couldn't afford to bring needed recruits in without someone leaving. I think it's a matter of mutual trust.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 06:40:41 PM »

Worrying number of players on two year deals, especially given some are naturally just sqaud players with the quality Infront of them

For instance, Richman has been with the club ten years. Have we had many approaches to suggest someone might put in a bid for him?

Worries me if we have to make a changes if we have a slow start or if we need a reshuffle next season to kick on and have to move contracted players on.

Hear what you are saying Jack but we need a bigger squad and there is still room for more players.

Not many players will come to us to be a number. We are maybe another fullback and centre mid short ( I think Crewe will allow Josh to be with us ).

I think we have the potential to surpirse the league. You also need to keep the bond of a sqaud, they all fight for each other. Lost two characters in Mahon and Harrop so I wouldn't upset the apple cart too much.

Squad togetherness goes a long way.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 07:21:42 PM »

Hear what you are saying Jack but we need a bigger squad and there is still room for more players.

Not many players will come to us to be a number. We are maybe another fullback and centre mid short ( I think Crewe will allow Josh to be with us ).

I think we have the potential to surpirse the league. You also need to keep the bond of a sqaud, they all fight for each other. Lost two characters in Mahon and Harrop so I wouldn't upset the apple cart too much.

Squad togetherness goes a long way.

Huge difference between offering a 12 month deal and a two year contract. Even 18 month contracts would be better.
It's all my fault.

buchanj9

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 07:25:35 PM »

Where does Peers fit in the squad for the next 2 seasons?

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 07:32:21 PM »

If all three full backs are on two year deals I think we have enough, with Richman as emergency cover.  Personally full back is the one area I'd have offered one year deals to see how they get on against the wingers in the higher league, but if PP is confident enough in all three of them to offer them two year deals then there is no reason to get a fourth fb in because one of the existing three wouldn't even make the bench for two years.

Similarly seems odd to give Williams and Richman two year deals when they couldn't get in the first team in the north, but again if PP is happy with them as squad players then we have to trust him.      We just need that Lundstram shaped hole in our midfield filled now.

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2020, 07:33:48 PM »

Sits on the bench to cover across the front three once Clayton gets a better offer in January transfer window.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2020, 07:56:33 PM »

Sits on the bench to cover across the front three once Clayton gets a better offer in January transfer window.

I imagine we'd have to go and strengthen if Clayton moves.

If Clayton does; then as Bill said on website, we'll have a good record of moving players in to first team league football so shouldn't be too hard.
It's all my fault.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2020, 08:00:42 PM »

Contracts can always be terminated early seems to be fairly common

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2020, 09:20:25 PM »

Contracts can always be terminated early seems to be fairly common

Usually at a cost.
It's all my fault.

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2020, 10:33:41 PM »

I think the 2 year deals are done on trust between the players and the management/board.

I am working on the assumption Parkie and the board know the players they have given these deals to are 100% Alty, and for the same reason know these players will accept if they need to be let go.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2020, 10:40:54 PM »

I think the 2 year deals are done on trust between the players and the management/board.

I am working on the assumption Parkie and the board know the players they have given these deals to are 100% Alty, and for the same reason know these players will accept if they need to be let go.

I agree. I think that's what I was meaning
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad line-up