PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great Point...
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Great Point...  (Read 5217 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Great Point...
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 09:59:44 PM »

I don't see how they can be classed as a league scalp.

They do !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 10:01:32 PM »

I don't see how they can be classed as a league scalp.

They do !

They are a league club.. Fkn non league like us and the other 23 clubs  :D

jimmyhank

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 12:25:32 AM »

Excellent point and great support, especially the kid who slagged off their goalie all through the second half by calling him "poohead" after he kicked the ball. Very amusing!

The refreshments were a bit pricey!

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 12:56:08 AM »

Absolutely fantastic performance from the lads considering we were without 6 (?) possible first choice players, particularly Kearney who is class (in my opinion), and they've grafted at work as well before the match

Lets not forget Mansfield have ave crowds of 3,500+ and a League Two budget to match.

And yet you'd have been hard pressed to spot which is the ex-League team.

Mind you I think there were perhaps only four decent efforts on goal in the whole match.

Nearly a win, away from home at Mansfield Town, but had to settle for a draw and be slightly disappointed at that...

If you have told me that would happen when I were a lad (30+ years ago) I'd have either laughed at you or be delighted.

WELL DONE GRAHAM HEATHCOTE and the team.

And the juvenile 8 yr old calling their goalie Poo Head belongs to me. Apologies if anyone was offended by his language!

jimmyhank

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 01:15:28 AM »

Absolutely fantastic performance from the lads considering we were without 6 (?) possible first choice players, particularly Kearney who is class (in my opinion), and they've grafted at work as well before the match

Lets not forget Mansfield have ave crowds of 3,500+ and a League Two budget to match.

Mind you I think there were perhaps only four decent efforts on goal in the whole match.

Nearly a win, away from home at Mansfield Town, but had to settle for a draw and be slightly disappointed at that...

If you have told me that would happen when I were a lad (30+ years ago) I'd have either laughed at you or be delighted.

And the juvenile 8 yr old calling their goalie Poo Head belongs to me. Apologies if anyone was offended by his language!

I thought it was quality banter!

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 03:42:31 AM »

Cymru Alty and I arrived back about 10 minutes ago due to a slight detour through birmingham on the way back (still not entirely sure why though.)

If anybody had offered me the point before the match I would have taken it. Yes it's slightly disappointing that it happened in the 94th minute but it happens, as we found out to our advantage on saturday.

Onwards to saturday, shame I can't be there either as its probably one of the easier matches to get to from here. Lets see if we can make it 8 games unbeaten, eh?

And also, our record of not being beaten home and away by the same team is still intact which is a great thing to see.

Well done to the players and management and everyone that managed to get there. And also, having managed to catch the last 2 games it just makes me realise how much I miss being at matches. I hate being an exile, and our best season for a while just happens as I move away. Unbelievable.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 09:20:28 AM »

Cymru Alty and I arrived back about 10 minutes ago due to a slight detour through birmingham on the way back (still not entirely sure why though.)

If anybody had offered me the point before the match I would have taken it. Yes it's slightly disappointing that it happened in the 94th minute but it happens, as we found out to our advantage on saturday.

Onwards to saturday, shame I can't be there either as its probably one of the easier matches to get to from here. Lets see if we can make it 8 games unbeaten, eh?

And also, our record of not being beaten home and away by the same team is still intact which is a great thing to see.

Well done to the players and management and everyone that managed to get there. And also, having managed to catch the last 2 games it just makes me realise how much I miss being at matches. I hate being an exile, and our best season for a while just happens as I move away. Unbelievable.

That's a great effort lads!!

I was knackered when we got back at 1.35am............however we had made an impromptu visit to The Balti King in Sheffield on the way back :P

Whilst I am sure that it is really frustrating for you to have missed so much of a fantastic season, Voice of Dissent has been a fan for about 25 years & missed one season working abroad.................1990/91 ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »

I miss a lot of the fun of being with the Alty fans by being in the Press Box, but fortunately my son fills me in on the banter after the game.My sides were splitting when I heard this anecdote......it seems we have an apprentice Hughesey there ;D

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 10:45:56 AM »

I hope when he plays for his team on a Sunday morning, he doesn't call the referee some of things he was callling the one last night otherwise I think it will cost you a fortune in fines ! But 10 out of 10 for him for his enthusiasm.

VofD

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:02 AM »

I was knackered when we got back at 1.35am............however we had made an impromptu visit to The Balti King in Sheffield on the way back :P

Whilst I am sure that it is really frustrating for you to have missed so much of a fantastic season, Voice of Dissent has been a fan for about 25 years & missed one season working abroad.................1990/91 ;D
Actually Brian, it was 3 seasons I missed : Jan 91 > Mar 94. :( :( :(

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »

The banter is a big part of why I like lower league football .. I honestly think it is worth the gate money to listen (and contribute on the odd occassion) to it ...

long may it continue...

We should get Hughsey to do a DVD   ;) :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 01:30:51 PM by distancetraveller »

anglo alty

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 01:12:50 PM »

i agree great point but another dissapointing late goal

brian1925

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »

We've scored a few late goals ourselves in recent weeks, so what goes around comes around I suppose. Usually I'm devastated when these things happen, but last night I wasn't. We'll take a point and a fighting performance away at Mansfield every time!

bighairedmike

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »

With the improvement this season, we could be at that point when I will be a regular again..........in 2013.  :'(

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 04:33:37 PM »

Agreed, good point, but I was still absolutely devastated seeing BBC's live text reading 1-1 at the very last kick!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Great Point...