PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Salisbury  (Read 7033 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Salisbury
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 06:44:23 PM »

Blame also HMRevenue; their local officers should be watching all football clubs like a hawk.

The HM Revenue are to blame for the majority of problems clubs are facing. If they didn't tax the life out of them they would not have these ridiculous debts. The government should be forced to account for every penny of our taxes. This legalized theft has been allowed to go on far too long. I blame these idiots who continue voting Labour and Conservative despite the fact that both of them have years of proven failure.

No.  The people to blame are the directors of football clubs who know damn well that tax needs to be paid but choose to overlook it in favour of signing a few extra players so to improve the chances of better results and a massage for their egos.

I don't particularly like paying tax but short of moving to an third world dustbowl or North Korea then I guess we're all stuck with it.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »

Help save Accringeton Stanley no http://www.saveourstanley.co.uk/
@AltyDaz

AltyIan

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »

i know were never going to have the "big" conference names like James Constable, Nick Chadwick etc etc in the near future. but when you read the things that are happening to a lot of clubs around us it makes me pleased to be an alty supporter knowing that for know the club is financially safe and although our signings such as Tejal-Ross Thaker probably wont set the non league world alight at least they know they are part of something solid and despite not being the greatest paid players in the world they can be sure of some income on a part time basis. unfortunately these players at salisbury and other clubs will be losing a tad more sleep over their incomes and it is a sad thing to see, but a part of football the business.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »

That accrington natiowide plea is a real joke...loyal fan?...come to a game......duh!

I really don't think accrington is a football town and this proves it.

Nice attempt to get the restof the footballing world pay their tax bill!!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 09:21:19 PM »

Help save Accringeton Stanley no http://www.saveourstanley.co.uk/

Can one of the more techy bods among us open a site called sinktheirstanley please ?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »

I do love these clubs who are blaming their financial plight on the recession.....no,if you actually bothered to do your sums properly,you wouldn't be in this mess!!!

Take for example Salisburys last 2 home fixtures. 1,147 vs Mansfield and 746 vs Eastbourne, both on Saturdays. How can you possibly sustain a full time side with those gates,with little other means of income (ie no social club open during the week). The worst thing they did was give their best players like Tubbs full time contracts when they got promoted.

Yet look at our last 2 home games.Admittedly we have had good away followings come, but we have had about 1,000 home fans against Wimbledon and 1,300 on Monday.But we are on the very edge of our budget,and will not commit financial suicide just to get a Constable etc who will get us up the table.

And as for Accrington....I know we hate them,and they don't really like us,but you would think they would had seen the way we have come back from to dark days to good days and seen that as the best route rather than buy their way back up to the League,only to be buggered a few seasons later!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

brisbane_alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 12:36:31 PM »

Hmmm..Save Our Stanley - to date, this site has raised 91 quid out of a required 308,000. Not exactly a roaring success.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »

unfortunately these players at salisbury and other clubs will be losing a tad more sleep over their incomes and it is a sad thing to see, but a part of football the business.

Herein lies part of the problem. The players and 'football creditors' know that they will see all their money (eventually). It's the local suppliers and HMRC who can get bent.

I'd love HMRC to start shutting a few clubs down. They can start with those cheeky bastards at Accy for a start.

Narcissist

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2009, 08:35:28 PM »

Couldnt agree more.

As for Salisbury being allowed to get away with it, i'll go out on a limb and say that the attitude that got them into this mess wont get them out of it. Those days are on the way out. Weve gone from being an AGM laughing stock to being seen as a fine example, which is what us lot knew all along. Sometimes youve just got to put a bit of blind faith in authority to do the right thing, even when you know theres a chance it might not happen.

Farsley.

Northwich.

Chester.

Not so I am afraid.

Whats not so?

Blind faith? The Salisbury bit? We're a good example?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »

unfortunately these players at salisbury and other clubs will be losing a tad more sleep over their incomes and it is a sad thing to see, but a part of football the business.

Herein lies part of the problem. The players and 'football creditors' know that they will see all their money (eventually). It's the local suppliers and HMRC who can get bent.

I'd love HMRC to start shutting a few clubs down. They can start with those cheeky bastards at Accy for a start.

Haven't they in the last few years ? Wasn't Scarborough one, Newcastle Blue Star ? Can't remember exactly. Accrington will end up in the BSN/ Unibond.... where they should be !

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »

From the "Said and Done" column in today's Observer :-

NUMBER CRUNCHING

£200K : amount Salisbury City owe to HM Revenue & Customs, which put the club into administration last week.

£200K : amount the 20 Premier League clubs spend on player wages every hour and a half.

Nuff said ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 11:28:08 AM »

Couldnt agree more.

As for Salisbury being allowed to get away with it, i'll go out on a limb and say that the attitude that got them into this mess wont get them out of it. Those days are on the way out. Weve gone from being an AGM laughing stock to being seen as a fine example, which is what us lot knew all along. Sometimes youve just got to put a bit of blind faith in authority to do the right thing, even when you know theres a chance it might not happen.

Farsley.

Northwich.

Chester.

Not so I am afraid.

Whats not so?

The conference's arse has gone. Farsley, Northwich and CHester should all have been expelled from the competition, but they've bottled it. Shameful.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »

NUMBER CRUNCHING

£200K : amount Salisbury City owe to HM Revenue & Customs, which put the club into administration last week.

£200K : amount the 20 Premier League clubs spend on player wages every hour and a half.

Nuff said ?

That's a load of bollocks to be honest. The Premier league can afford to pay £200k in wages and Salisbury can afford to pay their tax bill. That they have decided not to makes no odds at all. There is plenty of money in football regardless of the Premiership millions and peopel pointing to it are just trying to create a climate of self pity which does f**kall for the game of football.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »

Couldnt agree more.

Farsley.

Northwich.

Chester.

Not so I am afraid.

Whats not so?

The conference's arse has gone. Farsley, Northwich and CHester should all have been expelled from the competition, but they've bottled it. Shameful.

In Northwich and Farsley's case, wasn't it the FA who overruled the conference after they had initially attempted to take the appropriate action?
Come on Alty!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »

NUMBER CRUNCHING

Nuff said ?

That's a load of bollocks to be honest. The Premier league can afford to pay £200k in wages and Salisbury can afford to pay their tax bill. That they have decided not to makes no odds at all. There is plenty of money in football regardless of the Premiership millions and peopel pointing to it are just trying to create a climate of self pity which does f**kall for the game of football.

Absolutely - do you think anyone in the Observer will think its ironic if Salisbury, all shiny and full-time face beat us this season and we're described as struggling and part-time? We are similar in one way however, we both owe our status in the footballing pyramid to unsustainable business planning. We've benefited from other clubs's plans and they've achieved results on the pitch because of theirs. If people don't like why we've stayed in the top league perhaps they should look at how it happened (and by the looks will happen again).   
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Salisbury