PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH and the supporters?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: GH and the supporters?  (Read 7749 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: GH and the supporters?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 05:32:02 PM »

with the exception of chris senior can anyone of us name a decent signing that GH has made in the last few years? sorry i can't

I'd have to say that Chris Lane has been an absolutely brilliant acquisition.

I'm not defending them absolutely or saying that they've been GOOD signings but don't judge Whalley and Sedgemore on the system they're having to play in - not conducive to passing midfielders really is it?

GH always maintains that he wants to play a passing game & gets cheesed off when the team disobey & start walloping the ball long.

When I have seen Alty there are times when the players seem to panic and that's when we get the hoofage.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »

Basically none of our midfield are skillful/confident enough to trap, hold onto the ball and then pass it successfully. It's a case of getting it and trying to get rid as soon as possible hence the poor passing/hoofing it. It's just a matter of skill (look at players like Elano & Fabregas who do it superbly). I'm not expecting players of that class here, but just a couple who aren't scared of keeping it simple and who have vision - our vision seems to be aimed at the sky the balls up there that often  :-\

louise1925

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 06:08:06 PM »

I know it was only pre-season, but that Baguley lad who turned out for us for a few games looked quite decent to most of us on here. He took his time on the ball, had a good pass on him and knew where the goal was. Obviously, not good enough.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 06:10:42 PM »

I know it was only pre-season, but that Baguley lad who turned out for us for a few games looked quite decent to most of us on here. He took his time on the ball, had a good pass on him and knew where the goal was. Obviously, not good enough.

He might have been too tall for Alty ;)

Hamilton

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 06:13:04 PM »

Matty Berkely has done well at Workington too.

louise1925

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 06:17:11 PM »

He looks very comfortable in Conference North (I have seen him play). I'm not saying he would have cut it in our league, but why oh why was he not given a chance? Baguely on the other hand realy did look good and he's ended up at FCUM!! It bewildered me at the time and it still does.

Butty

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 06:25:24 PM »

i saw him against tns and he didnt look brilliant but you could see he had that extra bit more in him, a sort of sedge player really. I also seem to remember that he was quick and caused their defense some problems

Jenga

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »

Basically none of our midfield are skillful/confident enough to trap, hold onto the ball and then pass it successfully. It's a case of getting it and trying to get rid as soon as possible hence the poor passing/hoofing it. It's just a matter of skill (look at players like Elano & Fabregas who do it superbly). I'm not expecting players of that class here, but just a couple who aren't scared of keeping it simple and who have vision - our vision seems to be aimed at the sky the balls up there that often  :-\

Agree you look at the control of our players when the ball comes to their feet, it pings everywhere giving them no time to play a pass as the opposition pounce on the bobbling ball.

RocketDan

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 08:31:32 PM »

.... if anyone else could do a better job with the funds provided.

next time heathcote says this, suggest James Black.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »

GH always maintains that he wants to play a passing game & gets cheesed off when the team disobey & start walloping the ball long.

But this excuse is getting a bit thin by now.

He needs to find some players who follow instructions!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 10:38:30 PM »

i miss those half time five a side games.

VofD

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 02:02:06 PM »

To get back to the point of this topic and Beez's post :

All fans to note : THOU SHALT NOT CRITICISE THE CLUELESS MANAGER, even though you pay good money to watch the garbage that he has assembled on the pitch.

And Heathcote junior seems to be getting above his station!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like father, like son I suppose.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »

What didnt help the situation was charles heathcote offering people out for daring to critisise his dad, grow up charles!

FYI i rang charles up to wind him up about this and  you will find you were mistaken in the fact it was not Charles who offered you out but his younger brother. Maybe its worth checking first.
ParkINson's red and white army

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »

Can we not be cyber warriors cos the chances are no one knows who anyone else is cos half the people don't put their real name to articles .. Where as I'm stupid and let myself open for barracking  ;D

Its all about opinions.. At the moment I can not come to a solution in my head as what would be best on 28 December 2007 for Altrincham FC to move forwards ... I really don't

VofD

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 03:39:17 PM »

Can we not be cyber warriors cos the chances are no one knows who anyone else is cos half the people don't put their real name to articles .. Where as I'm stupid and let myself open for barracking  ;D

Its all about opinions.. At the moment I can not come to a solution in my head as what would be best on 28 December 2007 for Altrincham FC to move forwards ... I really don't

Gary,
What would be best on Saurday would be a tremendous victory over Stevenage, to be followed by a real drubbing of the Vics on Tuesday. I think we would all feel better then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH and the supporters?