PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH and the supporters?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: GH and the supporters?  (Read 7750 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
GH and the supporters?
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:40:20 PM »

I was leaving the main stand after the game and there was an altercation between some fans and GH.

Anyone know what it was about?

Alty365

Re: GH and the supporters?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:47:38 AM »

The fact that we were absolutely wank today may have had something to do with it.

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 01:28:00 AM »

All that happened that was myself and matt taylor shouted for heathcote to resign at the final whistle after a performance lacking any pride passion and heart, at which point GH beckoned us over to ask if we thought if the defeat hurt us any more than it did him and if anyone else could do a better job with the funds provided. i simply responded that it hurt me (as well as a lot more fans, most of whom are forum regulars) far more than he could ever believe. im totally heartbroken after todays peformance, today was nothing to do with money or funds available, what mattered was that those 11 men on that pitch showing that that the red and white shirt meant something to them and it seems it doesnt.

What didnt help the situation was charles heathcote offering people out for daring to critisise his dad, grow up charles!

For months we have had the same excuses and that he will need to bring more players in january yet the players we have already are the men that heathcote has brought into the club (whalley, sedgemore, etc). with the exception of chris senior can anyone of us name a decent signing that GH has made in the last few years? sorry i can't. At the end of the day the buck stops with him and him alone. im not saying that we have the most talented squad in the world and expect us to be challenging for honours but all i ask for is some pride, passion and effort, any one of us could have picked 11 men off the terrace today and more pride would have been evident.  I really hope that over the next 2 games we can pick up as many points as possible but can anyone of us honestly see that happening?  i cant see us getting any! surely if GH has any pride he should go before he loses all respect from everyone.

On another note i see that dalton has resigned and id like to thank him for everything hes done for alty, what a legend, a true gentleman. Its just sad that he can see whats going wrong and has gone, yet the manager is too blind/stubborn to admit it himself. surely somebody with fresh ideas cannot do any worse.

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 01:39:56 AM »

GH beckoned us over to ask if we thought if the defeat hurt us any more than it did him

Besides anything else it hurt them a lot more financially! Paying hard earned money to watch that sh*t hurt me a lot more than it hurt GH to be paid for it! Furthermore, three members of my own family have spent money they could ill afford to waste on season tickets only to be served up with week after week of absolute dross! Does he wonder why they feel so let down?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 01:43:32 AM by Alty365 »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:14:07 AM »

with the exception of chris senior can anyone of us name a decent signing that GH has made in the last few years? sorry i can't

I'd have to say that Chris Lane has been an absolutely brilliant acquisition.

I'm not defending them absolutely or saying that they've been GOOD signings but don't judge Whalley and Sedgemore on the system they're having to play in - not conducive to passing midfielders really is it?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 09:26:06 AM »

How is it not conducive to passing midfielders Phil? It's a standard ish 4-4-2.

Alex

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 09:28:06 AM »

because sedge needs the ball into his feet where as most of our games he watches it go over his head

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 09:28:57 AM »

Colin Little was a pretty good signing

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31:43 AM »

I think he means since we signed Eddie, Val, Pottsy and Colin Little.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 09:34:24 AM »

I really want to see Lawton \ Peyton next to Sedgemore in the middle .. Think as someone mentioned earlier a battler and ball winner who can distribute to Sedge who can then do the killer passes to the front two or wingers !! (sorry wider players)

Whalley as far as I'm concerned is a luxury that the club can't afford to carry, too powder puff and prone to injury for my liking... At least Sedge can get 'stuck in' and give it a go.

---------
I know its unlike me to single out players but really p*ssed off after yesterday.

And I think we have the most patient fans in this league and if you see the likes of some of the people who are p*ssed off and venting their anger on here it just shows how annoyed people are.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:36:01 AM by gazwarrington »

Alex

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 09:34:47 AM »

payton and robinson (although a lil trouble some after we had him) were not bad signings

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 09:40:36 AM »

The simple answer he would put forward was that he was getting the best players in for the money he had available. Decent players in this league are on full time contracts and good part time players at Conf North level can't hack it in the Conference. The players brought in this year haven't knitted together as a team, and the players with the biggest hearts (Val Owen and Rod Thornley) have their best years behind them. We are used to Altrincham teams made up of not necessarily the best players around, but we aren't used to this endless succession of clueless performances. Teams are playing badly to beat us. We are losing so many games by the odd goal. Where;s that blitzkrieg football we saw that won the play-off game at Kettering? Not pretty, but effective. There's only five players i'd keep from yesterday. Senior, Little (with a rocket up his bot), Lawton, Peyton and Lane. Everyone else is just making up the numbers.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 09:49:14 AM »

The simple answer he would put forward was that he was getting the best players in for the money he had available. Decent players in this league are on full time contracts and good part time players at Conf North level can't hack it in the Conference. The players brought in this year haven't knitted together as a team, and the players with the biggest hearts (Val Owen and Rod Thornley) have their best years behind them. We are used to Altrincham teams made up of not necessarily the best players around, but we aren't used to this endless succession of clueless performances. Teams are playing badly to beat us. We are losing so many games by the odd goal. Where;s that blitzkrieg football we saw that won the play-off game at Kettering? Not pretty, but effective. There's only five players i'd keep from yesterday. Senior, Little (with a rocket up his bot), Lawton, Peyton and Lane. Everyone else is just making up the numbers.

Your best post for a long time UC. I would say the way forward is to htfu and just shut up about how difficult it is. For me, the time for excuses has gone, this and previous negativity has filtered down to the players. I'm not interested anymore in if Vics can afford to be full time or if Crawley owners are crooks or how much money Stevenage are paying.

I just don't want to hear that we can't compete, if you make excuses you're giving players who are only human, a way out into the spineless sort of performance we saw yesterday. First season back in the conference we weren't a great team, and we knew that we'd get taken apart from time to time, but we also knew that we'd throw the kitchen sink at teams at Moss Lane and that they would always be in for a bloody hard ga,me. That is what we must return to. 12 defeats at home before the turn of the year is just ridiculous.

I would also suggest that the time for trying to 'stay in the game for as long as possible has gone' and we need to go gung ho. If that means shipping out some of our 'conference' players and getting others in then so be it. Because otherwise it's going to be rebuilding for next year time and it will be no Godsend that.

louise1925

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 10:04:13 AM »

What doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence is GHs assertion that there won't be a squad overhaul in January. Surely that is exactly what we need with only 6 or 7 of the existing players remaining. To be honest, I'd start the process of shipping out players now and play a few kids in the next two games. Seriously, how can it get any worse?

Butty

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2007, 11:17:35 AM »

maybe it is a bit more difficult that that louise. They will need all registration sorting out as I presume most of them are not actually registered to play in the conference, but i'm not sure. I agree though that we need to get about 6 new players in, keeping senior(o'niell will do for now until he returns), lane, coburn, tinson
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH and the supporters?