PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leek Town match thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Leek Town match thread  (Read 7836 times)

62vintage

Re: Leek Town match thread
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 06:27:14 PM »

A good workmanlike performance today on a terrible pitch. We sat in the stand and I felt that although Leek huffed and puffed they never really threatend to win the game.
As for our first goal, as it happened I looked to the linesman who  immediately signalled to the referee that the ball had crossed the line.

taxi Phil

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 06:33:39 PM »

Workmanlike performance, and a genuine team effort.

If we have to draw a BSP side, I wouldn't mind Southport or Lincoln. But I'd obviously prefer an easy passage if possible.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »

Job done indeed. shocking pitch which did niether team any favours. better team furst half but not enough shots on target. 2 nd half very scrappy but defo better side. Ball did cross the line. Richman ran his bollox off and justifued a start. Watmore did really well for 2nd and would have caused problems for them all day long.

Lowest ranked team at home please.
Full time and proud of it

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 07:29:50 PM »

Very steady and unambitious performance really, did nothing wrong and on that awful pitch that was the right thing to do. However, second half they were there for the taking but we still sat back and played it safe with both Nicky and Richman not really getting forward as much as usual. If Duncan had started I think we would have won more easily but Richman is playing so well he thoroughly deserves his place.

Professional job well done. Home tie please on Monday against lowest ranked team in draw.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 08:15:50 PM »

From where we were stood it was impossible to see if Damo's goal crossed the line, but as soon as Alty players appealed I immediately looked across to the liner who had already pointed his flag to the centre spot and had set off running to the halfway line.....no doubt at all from the liner
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »

Couldn't make today but listened intently to Radio Robins.

Sounded like a tough game on a difficult pitch but the lads did a very professional job.

Unbeaten in seven, clean sheet away...great stuff.

Three points needed against Corby now and the season will have been off to a great start after the early wobbles..

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 09:27:47 PM »

It soon became obvious, I think, that any sort of passing game was going to be very difficult on that pitch and as a result I think we overcomplicated things once we'd crossed the half way line, playing short passes and not trusting the ball to run more than a few yards. We should still have won by more, but very glad to get that one over with.
Wrexham at home , please.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »

They seem to have a few goals on youtube, did anyone see a camera there today?  Wonder if they will put the goals up..

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2012, 10:34:02 PM »

How many Alty made it in the end?

Sleepy the dwarf

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »

I would guess about 250.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2012, 01:00:46 PM »

Well Done to lee and the team it's great to see us winning some cup games at last !
Also Thanks to everyone on the mini bus for making it good laugh
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2012, 01:06:18 PM »

What was the crowd? Their twitter reckoned close to thousand ; didnt seem that many but we did our usual spread round the ground as much as possible routine

Just seen this on twitter from our linesman yesterday

@footy_ref. Back home been a long day @leektownfc excellent game with @accymark #simeonlucas I was well placed behind the corner flag to award first goal

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »

Leek Town should be ashamed at the unacceptably poor standard of that pitch yesterday.

No excuse for that....and it probably didn't do them any favours either, to be honest.

The horses and sheep watching atop the hill behind the main stand seemed to enjoy the game, anyhow.

Perhaps they should have been allowed to graze on the pitch all week in the run-up to the fixture?

Or else Leek could have put Matt Haddrell on his side and used him to roll the pitch.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:15:27 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »

What was the crowd? Their twitter reckoned close to thousand ; didnt seem that many but we did our usual spread round the ground as much as possible routine

@footy_ref. Back home been a long day @leektownfc excellent game with @accymark #simeonlucas I was well placed behind the corner flag to award first goal

Think it was 962

York Alty

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »

Think it was 962

NLP quote 962
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leek Town match thread