PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Nepotism
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Nepotism  (Read 22304 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Nepotism
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 09:11:32 AM »

In September if Lee Sinnott had said 'We'll be safe by February but I am going to have to bring my Uncle Dave in to cut the half time oranges on 500 quid a week, he has a special touch with a fruit knife and we'll be mid table absolutely guaranteed' I'd have snapped his hand off!

:D
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2015, 12:28:24 PM »

The manager has objectives to achieve and is given a wage budget accordingly to try and achieve them. I have every confidence that not one poster on this forum could do a better job than the manager, and how he goes about achieving those objectives is up to him providing he doesn't bring the club into disrepute.

In September if Lee Sinnott had said 'We'll be safe by February but I am going to have to bring my Uncle Dave in to cut the half time oranges on 500 quid a week, he has a special touch with a fruit knife and we'll be mid table absolutely guaranteed' I'd have snapped his hand off!
what he is bringing in his uncle dave now as well ??

Enough is enough
ParkINson's red and white army

Beaver

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2015, 12:39:01 PM »

The manager has objectives to achieve and is given a wage budget accordingly to try and achieve them. I have every confidence that not one poster on this forum could do a better job than the manager, and how he goes about achieving those objectives is up to him providing he doesn't bring the club into disrepute.

Enough is enough

I thought you like oranges?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 01:59:40 PM »

Enough is enough

I do but I refuse to have them cut by his uncle dave

Bath Alty

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »

the debate isn't about who he is but a) is he good enough - not unless he has improved drastically from last time he was here and b) is he able to fill in in positions where we are short - not if he is a central midfielder where we already have Richman, Cav, Williams and Moult.

We have been crying out for a right winger and in my view some cover for the fullbacks (although with Marshall playing so well Scott sort of does this but less so at LB).  If Lee brought in his son from a lower league than ours I wouldn't be bothered if it was to cover these positions but to sit on the bench as CM I'm not sure.

Spot on Bath Alty.

The reason Lee brought him in was to pay him a wage having been sacked by Huddersfield. And it is not that he is even that good.If that is not nepotism, then God knows what it is.It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that Lee should treat Alty as a cash machine for his failed son. >:(

For the avoidance of doubt my post does not lead me to the conclusion you have drawn.  I am questioning the wisdom of the non-contract "signing" I am not questioning the motive.  I'm sure LS believes JS is worth his place in the squad and is not taking the piss in the way you suggest.  I'm just not sure I agree with him on this one, I'd rather have got a player in in a different position but non-contract basis is no great risk.

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2015, 11:22:23 PM »

Enough is enough

It doesn't a-peel to me either. In fact it gives me the pip. Uncle Dave should just pith off.

Hamilton

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »

Enough is enough

It doesn't a-peel to me either. In fact it gives me the pip. Uncle Dave should just pith off.

You lemon!  :D

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »

This whole thread sums up this forum - needlessly bitching about the club/Sinnot through to sh*t puns.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »

This whole thread sums up this forum - needlessly bitching about the club/Sinnot through to sh*t puns.
stop teasing

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 11:53:45 AM »

A good point, and the situation is getting worse, especially re. the needless bitching from a small number of contributors.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mr Woolf

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2015, 06:38:17 PM »

I was referring to the CSH

Beaver

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2015, 09:33:20 PM »

I was referring to the CSH

I doth my cap old fiend, I doth my cap  ;D

wayno