PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL  (Read 15719 times)

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2015, 10:19:20 PM »

Only AltyTunnelSteward could turn a thread about how one of the greatest football managers of all time is coming to open our new facility into a moan about how much he hates the tories.

Actually Mr Hill (not that it's anything to do with you) my dislike of the man transcends his political allegiances. It is in fact possible for grown ups to think on more than one level

However I don't suppose you want to let something like a fact get in the way of yet more reinterpreting what I say to mean what you think I mean so you can try to have another go at me.

don't waste the keytrokes pal - I honestly couldn't care less what your opinion of me is

Phil,

Don't worry, Sir Alex Ferguson has the good sense to loathe Tories, too!

Nice one cult.
Think that will be a double g&t when I see you.

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2015, 11:41:22 PM »

Whatever your politics, we are in a very lucky position to have an MP that's a local man, both altrincham & sale west, and sale East & Wythenshawe are in this lucky position unlike many areas around the country.
It's a pity the Altrincham & Sale West member is such an utterly useless chinless wonder. I've "consulted" him twice, and might as well have talked to a brick wall. And for the record, I am a staunch Conservative.

And Sir Alex Ferguson is the perfect the choice for the job.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:44:39 PM by Romeo 48 »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2015, 11:46:26 PM »

Personally Graham Brady has been very helpful to my family and why the Tory bashing? We live in a Tory majority, the worst thing that happened to Trafford Council was that it fell into Labour hands and a Altrincham was neglected.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 01:22:17 AM »

Only AltyTunnelSteward could turn a thread about how one of the greatest football managers of all time is coming to open our new facility into a moan about how much he hates the tories.

Actually Mr Hill (not that it's anything to do with you) my dislike of the man transcends his political allegiances. It is in fact possible for grown ups to think on more than one level

However I don't suppose you want to let something like a fact get in the way of yet more reinterpreting what I say to mean what you think I mean so you can try to have another go at me.

don't waste the keytrokes pal - I honestly couldn't care less what your opinion of me is

Well, as soon as you post something on a public forum it's to do with everyone who uses that forum, actually.

The point is you had to make the thread about you and how much you dislike Graham Brady. Nothing wrong with that opinion, I was just pointing out that it's a bit odd that you felt the need to shoehorn it into a thread where it really wasn't warranted or relevant.

Not that I would expect anything else from Alty's very own Dave Spart.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2015, 07:41:48 AM »

I think Margret Beckett should do it, or that hazel women from salford that looks like chuckie the doll

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 08:19:20 AM »

I think Margret Beckett should do it, or that hazel women from salford that looks like chuckie the doll

We don't want Maggie there. She may park her caravan on pitch !!!!

Hamilton

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 09:06:22 AM »

:D

Alex Salmond. he will fight for independence for Alty (but get a fortune in expenses and stay in the top hotel for doing so!)

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 09:56:44 AM »

:D

Alex Salmond. he will fight for independence for Alty (but get a fortune in expenses and stay in the top hotel for doing so!)
And we'd be able to do a Gretna......oh  :(

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2015, 04:51:19 PM »

What's the story pete's a Tory

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »

Would have preferred somebody with a strong connection to the town, if not the club. No big names required, could have been the local police officer, head teacher etc. 

Got to be better than the local MP!!!

I would prefer to have Steve Evans, Frank Sinclair or Jeff Forshaw open it than have the local MP within 100 miles of it

Absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

Why?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2015, 06:17:57 PM »

Think you need to have some "Diversity Training"!!!!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2015, 08:06:27 PM »

Would have preferred somebody with a strong connection to the town, if not the club. No big names required, could have been the local police officer, head teacher etc. 

I would prefer to have Steve Evans, Frank Sinclair or Jeff Forshaw open it than have the local MP within 100 miles of it

Why?

To say that he'd rather have Evans or Sinclair open the Hall, rather than Graham Brady is just a nonsensical thing to say,

GB Alty

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »

Whatever your politics, we are in a very lucky position to have an MP that's a local man, both altrincham & sale west, and sale East & Wythenshawe are in this lucky position unlike many areas around the country.
It's a pity the Altrincham & Sale West member is such an utterly useless chinless wonder. I've "consulted" him twice, and might as well have talked to a brick wall. And for the record, I am a staunch Conservative.

And Sir Alex Ferguson is the perfect the choice for the job.
Exactly my experience of him

And I used to be his PA

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 11:14:14 PM »

Why?

To say that he'd rather have Evans or Sinclair open the Hall, rather than Graham Brady is just a nonsensical thing to say,

Serious question - Why is it nonsensical please?

We live in a democracy I have experience of Mr Brady at other similar events and my view is based on this.

Incidentally there are a number of other individuals about whom I would have expressed the same misgivings, however they were not suggested (yet) anywhere in this thread

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2015, 07:33:11 AM »

Why?

Serious question - Why is it nonsensical please?

We live in a democracy I have experience of Mr Brady at other similar events and my view is based on this.

Incidentally there are a number of other individuals about whom I would have expressed the same misgivings, however they were not suggested (yet) anywhere in this thread

As it is attached to a Football ground, a high profile Football person is more appropriate.
Politicians (of all parties) get enough platforms to perform on, then are invisible when it comes to doing the job they are paid to do.
I am 100% behind the club on its choice of Alex Ferguson.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL