PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL  (Read 15721 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 05:48:57 PM »

Whatever your politics, we are in a very lucky position to have an MP that's a local man, both altrincham & sale west, and sale East & Wythenshawe are in this lucky position unlike many areas around the country.

Hear hear. One of my political bugbears.

As for Brady, he's our MP fair and square (and I'd say that regardless of his party)

Anyway, looking forward to the big opening of the hall, well done to those involved for getting fergie.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 05:53:16 PM »

Only AltyTunnelSteward could turn a thread about how one of the greatest football managers of all time is coming to open our new facility into a moan about how much he hates the tories.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 06:35:16 PM »

We should bang out tickets at 20 quid a time for this a la Accrington  ;)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 07:02:28 PM »

Best get some decent red wine in then.

Good work from the club
Full time and proud of it

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 07:20:21 PM »

Only AltyTunnelSteward could turn a thread about how one of the greatest football managers of all time is coming to open our new facility into a moan about how much he hates the tories.

Actually Mr Hill (not that it's anything to do with you) my dislike of the man transcends his political allegiances. It is in fact possible for grown ups to think on more than one level

However I don't suppose you want to let something like a fact get in the way of yet more reinterpreting what I say to mean what you think I mean so you can try to have another go at me.

don't waste the keytrokes pal - I honestly couldn't care less what your opinion of me is

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 07:23:37 PM »

Would have preferred somebody with a strong connection to the town, if not the club. No big names required, could have been the local police officer, head teacher etc. 

I'm available
Bernard Taylors barmy army

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »

Would have preferred somebody with a strong connection to the town, if not the club. No big names required, could have been the local police officer, head teacher etc. 

Got to be better than the local MP!!!

I would prefer to have Steve Evans, Frank Sinclair or Jeff Forshaw open it than have the local MP within 100 miles of it

Absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 07:26:41 PM »

Actually Mr Hill (not that it's anything to do with you) my dislike of the man transcends his political allegiances. It is in fact possible for grown ups to think on more than one level

However I don't suppose you want to let something like a fact get in the way of yet more reinterpreting what I say to mean what you think I mean so you can try to have another go at me.

don't waste the keytrokes pal - I honestly couldn't care less what your opinion of me is

Phil,

Don't worry, Sir Alex Ferguson has the good sense to loathe Tories, too!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

York Alty

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 07:53:28 PM »

Phil,

Don't worry, Sir Alex Ferguson has the good sense to loathe Tories, too!

One of his best features...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »

We should bang out tickets at 20 quid a time for this a la Accrington  ;)
I actually agree If we can sell 3150 we are debt free
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 08:39:46 PM »

Whatever your politics, we are in a very lucky position to have an MP that's a local man, both altrincham & sale west, and sale East & Wythenshawe are in this lucky position unlike many areas around the country.

As for Brady, he's our MP fair and square (and I'd say that regardless of his party)

Anyway, looking forward to the big opening of the hall, well done to those involved for getting fergie.
what has he ever done for you? Done nothing for me, was lame when I went to him for help. Cost me thousands to get a government decision overturned, went to him first but he was meek

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 08:42:37 PM »

Great news

It's a football club after all and this could possibly only be topped by it being declared open by Pele.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2015, 09:31:20 PM »

what has he ever done for you? Done nothing for me, was lame when I went to him for help. Cost me thousands to get a government decision overturned, went to him first but he was meek

You're perfectly entitled to criticise him.  He's a politician after all. There to be voted in or out.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2015, 09:43:51 PM »

I am surprised he didn't suggest a local referee who would treat the event like a pitch inspection ;)

It is a big coup for the club to get probably the most high profile football person to open it.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 09:54:54 PM »

To be fair to phil he never suggested that having Alex ferguson opening the hall was a bad idea
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 ALEX FERGUSON TO OPEN COMMUNITY SPORTS HALL