https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 duncan
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: duncan  (Read 4220 times)

RocketDan

Re: duncan
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 04:59:14 PM »

Even if we won 15-0 The Manager would get dogs abuse off some folk on here for either resting Duncan and thereby possibly compromising our goal difference or for not resting him and risking him getting an injury

Why do you say that? Don't think anyone has criticised the manager after a win (or even draws with decent performances) and if they have they've been very small things that don't really matter. I may be wrong and am underestimating Histon, but I think we should have enough depth in our squad to rotate a few players and still beat a team who have lost 6 of their last 8 games.

It would be a bit odd of Sinnott to play Duncan for more than 45 minutes, baring in mind the more important fixture on new years day, the effort he put in on Boxing day and this quote from after the Gainsborough game:

‘The easiest thing would be to play him six or seven games on the bounce, 90 minutes at a time, and bury him into the ground, but that would hardly be in his long-term interests... It is stepping stones when you’ve got a young lad still acclimatising to changes in his physical condition, and we will take them one at a time. I’m not going to overuse Duncan and run the risk of injuries hampering his development.'

george

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »

WHY NOT? We did last time.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »

WHY NOT? We did last time.

George,

My comment was intended to be tongue in cheek.

However, I presume that you were referring to the recent 1-0 win at Brackley, which is the only clean sheet that we have managed to record in a total of 31 away league fixtures since the appointment of Lee Sinnott.

Meanwhile, I expect us to win 15-3 at Histon, having led 15-0 at half-time.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Robins Retweet

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 05:46:14 PM »

Even if we won 15-0 The Manager would get dogs abuse off some folk on here for either resting Duncan and thereby possibly compromising our goal difference or for not resting him and risking him getting an injury
pathetic! He's started every game since his statement what does that say!

Out if touch ATS

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »

Der der der der Duncan Watmore der der der der Duncan Watmore

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »

Der der der der Duncan Watmore der der der der Duncan Watmore
Well ! I never knew he was German !

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 11:48:47 PM »

Out if touch ATS

Please go to your local Library, pick up a dictionary and look for the word IRONY (or IRONIC) before embarking on (yet) another personal abuse spree - Thank You

Beaver

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »

Yet again a serious post has been hijacked by morons apart from taxi

Wowsers, prefer it when you just lave it to te morons  :o

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »

Out if touch ATS

Please go to your local Library, pick up a dictionary and look for the word IRONY (or IRONIC) before embarking on (yet) another personal abuse spree - Thank You
I sometimes think that there are a number of us on here who need a forum of our own where we can give full vent to our ironic tendencies. "No one understands us, we don't care........"
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 duncan