PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior would have been better off staying here
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Chris Senior would have been better off staying here  (Read 4453 times)

fuertes

Re: Chris Senior would have been better off staying here
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »

Rumours that there are financial problems up there. Quite why they're signing new players on presumably decent money if that's true I don't know, but it could be yet another team heading slowly towards oblivion.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »

to be honest, he may just be wanting to manage a side in league two, instead of watching his players lose on the opening day to little old Alty.
He could also prefer the league grounds of Accrington, morecambe and Burton over the non-league standard of Wrexham, Cambridge and luton.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 02:39:11 PM »

A darlo fan on the football forum is saying they are in big financial trouble and he wouldnt be suprised to see senior returning to moss lane and the other 5 theyve signed returning to where they came from!......

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 02:41:33 PM »

Wouldn't anyone want to manage at the highest level possible?

Seems a quite reasonable decision to me

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »

A darlo fan on the football forum is saying they are in big financial trouble and he wouldnt be suprised to see senior returning to moss lane and the other 5 theyve signed returning to where they came from!......

So who would we need to release to free up the funds if that were to happen then?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 02:43:25 PM »

So who would we need to release to free up the funds if that were to happen then?

We wouldn't - he would replace - errm - Senior!

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

We wouldn't - he would replace - errm - Senior!

This. McAliskey left, because Dale is back to replace him. Little left, so Twiss replaces him. Senior has left, so Senior will replace him.

Nevertheless, and as I said on TFF, Chris won't be coming back before the season starts. I just can't see it.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 02:52:14 PM »

In your rush to be pedantic and pour water over anything that is not 100% based on fact you have missed the fact that GH said last week

"Now it's a case of finding three new players, a centre-back, central midfielder and striker"

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 02:59:34 PM »

Not at all Ecky

No rush to be pedantic nor pour water over anything just a perfectly innocent (if, in retrospect redundant) question

Maybe its you in a rush to shoot me down and score points at my expense?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 03:18:53 PM »

I dont understand your original point phil? Why would we need to release someone to free up funds to re-engage someone that has gone and is off the wage bill, but was going to stay,until the offer from darlington came in,weve only bought in one player to date,so I dont understand where your coming from?

markecky

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 03:35:20 PM »

Not at all Ecky

No rush to be pedantic nor pour water over anything just a perfectly innocent (if, in retrospect redundant) question

Maybe its you in a rush to shoot me down and score points at my expense?

Not interested in any points Phil.   I am going to make it my lifes quest to make you lighten up a bit.

Its going to be tough but I feel I am ready...

Narcissist

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »

If he's leaving soley because he wants to manage at a higher level then im not sure id want himn as my manager. Its fine if he has put a shift in already at darlo, but he's hardly even got started and he is off again. What would stop him leaving hereford high and dry in 3 months time.

Definitely something more to it. If Darlo arent already in dire straights they will be soon enough with that stadium weighing round their neck. They'd struggle to justify it in league one, let alone conf national. Overheads must be unreal.

If Senior does come back then it was a no lose for him and you couldnt blame him for having a crack at it.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »

What I cant understand is why all these clubs who are financially up sh*t creek without a paddle are obsessed with either going full time on sh*t crowds or just keep buying players without any thought of the financial consequences..

I can see this bloody league relegation battle being settled off the field yet again..

Its a crazy situation which personally pisses on any ideas that the relegation battle  is fought over anything other than bank balances.

Its a bloody farce....

All this crap about dropping clubs down a couple leagues.... Bollocks to them,  let them go under .... The FACTS are quite simple .... "They fkn cheated"
Let them stew in there own crap.

The Taxman Cometh!!

Rant over

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 05:23:45 PM »

I dont understand your original point phil? Why would we need to release someone to free up funds to re-engage someone that has gone and is off the wage bill, but was going to stay,until the offer from darlington came in,weve only bought in one player to date,so I dont understand where your coming from?

The original point Hughesy is that I'd foolishly overlooked the fact that we'd not yet replaced him, forgetting that Twiss is a replacement for Colin.

However as is becoming abundantly clear I cannot make a simple mistake on here without people thinking that they know what I'm trying to say and using their interpretation to slag me off and score points
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chris Senior would have been better off staying here