PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 COME ON BOARD GIVE US SOME NAMES!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: COME ON BOARD GIVE US SOME NAMES!  (Read 12559 times)

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: COME ON BOARD GIVE US SOME NAMES!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »

Sat. 9 July 2011, 3pm
BURNLEY XI (Home)

I am very happy waiting until then before I even look at the squad list / team sheet for next season.

Amen to that brother. Next season will be a lot more enjotable if you forget all about it and watch cricket until then.

Not bloody likely. There's more enjoyment in toenail extraction, but I agree with the sentiment.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 11:27:10 PM »

Sat. 9 July 2011, 3pm
BURNLEY XI (Home)

I am very happy waiting until then before I even look at the squad list / team sheet for next season.

Amen to that brother. Next season will be a lot more enjotable if you forget all about it and watch cricket until then.

Not bloody likely. There's more enjoyment in toenail extraction, but I agree with the sentiment.

Lets all go watch Nicky Clee!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 11:44:24 PM by Jennifers Dad »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 11:33:16 PM »

Cricket is an extremely civilised pastime and should, wherever possible, be enjoyed during the Summer months

Jacko

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »

as a wise man once said about test matches, 'anything that can take more than 4 days and often still can have no winner is a huge waste of time'.

i used to play but then realised 11 men stood waiting for a ball to come at them for 4 hours is dire

Dougals Dad

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 11:45:39 PM »

as a wise man once said about test matches, 'anything that can take more than 4 days and often still can have no winner is a huge waste of time'.

i used to play but then realised 11 men stood waiting for a ball to come at them for 4 hours is dire

or... 4 days of very little and then a helter skelter of action in 3 hours play!

Wonderful stuff!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 08:57:12 AM »

Message to Alty Gal

To be honest, I am also dying to know what is happening for next season, especially since I have sent off my application for a season ticket for Alex and me. I for one therefore, did appreciate the thread you started, but have also taken on board what others have said.

If the chairman is away, then I did not think there will be any signings until he returns, but nevertheless I was more interested in hearing who was staying, and had heard that the new manager was going to speak to players over the next couple of weeks. I was then expecting to hear a gentle filter of news as we did last season and have eagerly scanned the Alty website every day to see what is going on. Obviously the club will say nothing of new signings until it is a done and dusted deal, but I do not think it helps when other clubs say they have now signed X, Y and Z. Pity, cos I rather liked the sound of Z Ecky!!

I have decided to be patient and let the club deal with it as they know how, but as a season ticket holder who really approves of the choice of new manager, I am just as anxious as AltyGal to know what is going on. But I do not want her to be slated for her thread, which is a question I have been wanting to ask for two weeks now.

Lee has now been out of the game since 2009, but I am sure he is still very aware of what goes on in and around non-league, and I would very much like to meet him and the board for an introductory meeting in the not too distant future. This is to get to know him before the season starts, and understand the way he ticks and inform him of how great his fanbase is going to be, and how noisy we all are at games. I have high hopes for our club for next season, and hope for a good mix of our best players from last season, plus some good ones that I am sure Lee will find. I have heard that Lee's teams play attractive football, and I am glad I have already renewed my season ticket. Rome wasnt built in a day but I will also be patient as the team will need time to gel and rebuild itself. This is pulling in a new manager with new ideas and new players which I am sure will be hungry for success. i would also suggest we start off a new thread thinking up chants including the name of Lee Sinnott.

What happens will happen in time, I guess we just have to be patient, the club has always communicated with their supporters and reaps the benefit of this with a fine fan-base to call on, and a very close knit family type atmosphere.

I guess that along with AltyGal, I am just missing my football!!!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 10:15:04 AM »

It's a far cry from scanning the back pages of the Alty Guardian each week.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 11:12:47 AM »

Quadratic Equation Homework Project :

During the summer months work out the following :

If X = Michael Twiss, and
if Y = Michael Twiss, then

How many times Z does it require to offset the handicap this would cause.

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »

cricket is no more than an excuse for people to take a few days off to sit in the sun and drink....as such it is to be encouraged.

As it rains throughout our summer and as a sport spectacle the above is a waste of using up your days off and is to be actively discouraged.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 12:54:56 PM »

Steve of Sale

Thank you  ;)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 06:24:42 PM »

Message to Alty Gal

To be honest, I am also dying to know what is happening for next season, especially since I have sent off my application for a season ticket for Alex and me. I for one therefore, did appreciate the thread you started, but have also taken on board what others have said.

If the chairman is away, then I did not think there will be any signings until he returns, but nevertheless I was more interested in hearing who was staying, and had heard that the new manager was going to speak to players over the next couple of weeks. I was then expecting to hear a gentle filter of news as we did last season and have eagerly scanned the Alty website every day to see what is going on. Obviously the club will say nothing of new signings until it is a done and dusted deal, but I do not think it helps when other clubs say they have now signed X, Y and Z. Pity, cos I rather liked the sound of Z Ecky!!

I have decided to be patient and let the club deal with it as they know how, but as a season ticket holder who really approves of the choice of new manager, I am just as anxious as AltyGal to know what is going on. But I do not want her to be slated for her thread, which is a question I have been wanting to ask for two weeks now.

Lee has now been out of the game since 2009, but I am sure he is still very aware of what goes on in and around non-league, and I would very much like to meet him and the board for an introductory meeting in the not too distant future. This is to get to know him before the season starts, and understand the way he ticks and inform him of how great his fanbase is going to be, and how noisy we all are at games. I have high hopes for our club for next season, and hope for a good mix of our best players from last season, plus some good ones that I am sure Lee will find. I have heard that Lee's teams play attractive football, and I am glad I have already renewed my season ticket. Rome wasnt built in a day but I will also be patient as the team will need time to gel and rebuild itself. This is pulling in a new manager with new ideas and new players which I am sure will be hungry for success. i would also suggest we start off a new thread thinking up chants including the name of Lee Sinnott.

What happens will happen in time, I guess we just have to be patient, the club has always communicated with their supporters and reaps the benefit of this with a fine fan-base to call on, and a very close knit family type atmosphere.

Beautifully put ;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 06:47:16 PM »

Message to Alty Gal

Beautifully put ;D

From cricket to golf!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 COME ON BOARD GIVE US SOME NAMES!