News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Walker

Author Topic: Colin Walker  (Read 2010 times)

Unemployed Coalminer

Colin Walker
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:51:54 PM »

Is there an award for opposition manager of the season? See the main site. So much better than the "with all due respect" nonsense we've taken from some quarters in the past.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:00:01 PM »

Is there an award for opposition manager of the season? See the main site. So much better than the "with all due respect" nonsense we've taken from some quarters in the past.

Spot on post!

I was in the Press Box when he was doing his post-match interview & he was genuinely pleased to have got a point, despite it breaking their all time record of seven consecutive away victories.After some of the drivel I have listened to this season it was a hugely refreshing change, particularly Jason Tindall & Mark Yates who could barely string two words together coherently as they each struggled to come to terms with having come away from Moss Lane with nothing. In fact the only manager who has been gracious in defeat against Alty this season has been Dave Pace!

Graham Heathcote has his critics, but he is always interesting to listen to & ,most importantly,he is never demeaning about the opposition, whatever level or quality of team we are playing.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »

Spot on post!

I was in the Press Box when he was doing his post-match interview & he was genuinely pleased to have got a point, despite it breaking their all time record of seven consecutive away victories.After some of the drivel I have listened to this season it was a hugely refreshing change, particularly Jason Tindall & Mark Yates who could barely string two words together coherently as they each struggled to come to terms with having come away from Moss Lane with nothing. In fact the only manager who has been gracious in defeat against Alty this season has been Dave Pace!

Graham Heathcote has his critics, but he is always interesting to listen to & ,most importantly,he is never demeaning about the opposition, whatever level or quality of team we are playing.

Didn't GH upset Stafford Rangers though last season with his (justified) comments about their 'style' (or, rather, lack of it) of football?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:30:30 PM »

Something about pots and kettles springs to mind.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 10:21:37 AM »

Spot on post!

Didn't GH upset Stafford Rangers though last season with his (justified) comments about their 'style' (or, rather, lack of it) of football?

As I recall he was generally critical of the quality of the game, with some specific references to Stafford's very direct style, but I don't recall anything like we have heard from some defeated managers at Moss Lane.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colin Walker