News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lets just face it....

Author Topic: Lets just face it....  (Read 2287 times)

tinnyalty

Lets just face it....
« on: September 20, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »

We are doomed for relegation survival two years running but should have gone down...we would have been better going down into the north and growing stronger from there. Our fans based would have increased if we were winning and near the top of the table. No doubt we would not have got some of the players we have this season.

I think the league has changed a lot this season look at York ??, ask yourself what have Farsley, Histon, and Salisbury done that we have not to gain the current respective league position (dont quote me full time, fed up of that argument).

Its going to be a long season, GH is lacking ideas for me at the mo. I would concede that we need to go down to the north but play a team that attacks and entertain us poor fans. Rather than attempting being defensive to get a point from each of the games.

Please get behind the lads...its up to GH whether he goes or not. I personally believe he should go, but that's my opinion. But for the sake of the club i think we need to go down to the north and play teams we can match noting our status and financial position.

What ya think ? ???

;)

markecky

Re: Lets just face it....
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 10:28:25 AM »

Seeing as though we have just become the first team to be relegated in September then Tinny, whats your plan if we sneak into the playoffs next year?

Concede?

Alty365

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:28:54 AM »

What I think is that Conf North depresses me, as does playing in front of 400 on a Tuesday night against Vauxhall.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

on merit we haver only bin relegated once (last year) the year before we were safe before the rediculus 18 points deduction (but we have heard this before). tbh it's a negitive attitude that will see us go down, if we get behind the lads then we should be ok. look at the division, you say look at york yes look how close we are to being out of the relegation zone. it's not as if were dead last with 0 points and every one else is running off into the distence. we are still in touching distance and just like last year i can see one win being followed by several because the players are lacking confidence at the moment if we beat droylsden i can see us winning/drawing a good few on the bounce and then will wonder what all the fuss was about.

tinnyalty

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:43:18 AM »

on merit we haver only bin relegated once (last year) the year before we were safe before the rediculus 18 points deduction (but we have heard this before). tbh it's a negitive attitude that will see us go down, if we get behind the lads then we should be ok. look at the division, you say look at york yes look how close we are to being out of the relegation zone. it's not as if were dead last with 0 points and every one else is running off into the distence. we are still in touching distance and just like last year i can see one win being followed by several because the players are lacking confidence at the moment if we beat droylsden i can see us winning/drawing a good few on the bounce and then will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Agreed  ;)

tinnyalty

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »

Seeing as though we have just become the first team to be relegated in September then Tinny, whats your plan if we sneak into the playoffs next year?

Concede?

Concede what  ??? ???

Sooner watch a team playing with optimism rather than trying to survive every year at a level we dont really have enough clowt to play in...lets face facts  :o

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 11:02:50 AM »

Concede?

Concede what  ??? ???

Sooner watch a team playing with optimism rather than trying to survive every year at a level we dont really have enough clowt to play in...lets face facts  :o

Our average position in 7 seasons of UniBond/Conference North was an earth shattering 8th.  I can remember plenty of times where there were about a dozen away fans creating a less than invigorating atmosphere; where there was a struggle to even get a sponsor for the match;  where the locals didn't quite see the attraction of watching Vauxhall or Whitby and so the gate was 642; where the results in the paper would have the bare minimum info; where there'd be less radio coverage; where we'd be scrapping to get that late equaliser in the cold and the damp at some "quaint" ground with ballboys in stewards jackets.

Whatever the struggles, give me our current league any day...

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »

If your team playing with optimism gets into the playoffs next year, what do you do?

Do you try and win them and end up in the "dreaded" Conference or concede?

If you're happy playing Vauxhall on a Tuesday in front of 452, good luck to you.

Alty365

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 11:13:19 AM »

If you're happy playing Vauxhall on a Tuesday in front of 452, good luck to you.

*Please note that if this fixture takes place in December the crowd will be 374
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lets just face it....