Poll

Are we staying up or going down

Staying up
- 19 (35.8%)
Going down
- 34 (64.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Staying up or going down?  (Read 6839 times)

HalifaxWhacker

Re: Staying up or going down?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 12:50:20 PM »

You have cheated your way to stay in this division too many times, haven't you got another get out clause lined up this season.

timperley

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2008, 12:58:08 PM »

You have cheated your way to stay in this division too many times, haven't you got another get out clause lined up this season.

although we have been put back in the division twice, i feel 'cheated' isnt a fair word and as for "too many times" its only twice. so grow up

markecky

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 01:04:39 PM »

No mate..we have stayed in because others have cheated.  Like you and your 15 CVA's and "takeover next week defo" policy.

Getting edgy are we....

le bignose

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2008, 01:17:42 PM »

haha thats the best post of the day !!!! You tool ........... why did you get your points deducted ??? oh thats right ......... you cheated ha!! wanker

Enjoy watching your fantasy footy mate, while we'll worry about running a ligitimate club in the right way!! priceless stuff

Narcissist

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2008, 01:52:06 PM »

Surely this was a joke post?

Please explain 'cheated' if not.

I was in the mind that a good example of cheating is surviving by having the resources to finish on roughly 52 points when in actual fact you could realistically only afford resources for say 37 points? A subsequent 10 point deduction is made and there you have it a bonus 5 points so far at no extra cost, in fact 42 points at hardly any cost because now you'll have another CVA to cover 10 pence in the pound leaving thousands for playing budget.

Saturday is a big day, who do you think desreves to stay up more?

Alty365

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 01:52:20 PM »

It is your creditors who are being cheated by your repeated failure to pay them what they are owed. The fact that we have been reprieved in somewhat fortunate circumstances was not cheating it was just pure luck from our perspective.

alty_fc_senny

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »

How have we cheated ???

altyf

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 02:53:21 PM »

I tell you what mate, you go into administration and get yourself 10 points deucted every season when you think you've got enough points to be safe, and we'll concentrate on running a club properly.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »

I tell you what mate, you go into administration and get yourself 10 points deucted every season when you think you've got enough points to be safe, and we'll concentrate on running a club properly.

i agree with Halifax but you cant say anything going into administration

le bignose

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 03:11:10 PM »

why ??????

Bazbatteria

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »

Please, check the dictionary defintion(s) of 'cheat'... ::)

To deceive by trickery; swindle
To deprive by trickery; defraud
To mislead; fool
To act dishonestly; practice fraud
To violate rules deliberately, as in a game

no such methods were ever deployed...unlike some.

Narcissist

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2008, 03:16:12 PM »

The biscuit has now been dishonestly removed from the tin with this comment!

thegazelle

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2008, 03:21:10 PM »

just remind me how many times vics survived because other teams went bust i seem to recall telford for one

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »

What a moronic post from Halifaxwa**ker or whatever he was called.

When the league committee remove a club for misdemeanors (usually financial) or a club resigns from the league, then the highest placed 'relegated' side is reinstated in the division. I doubt the reinstated club even has a choice in the matter i.e you could not then 'go down' even if you wanted to !

Altrincham have been fortunate to benefit from this twice, but it's not cheating. To some it's lucky, to others it's justice for running the club properly and actually paying for what you have had.

Suggest the Halifax correspondent goes and discusses this with the local carpet fitter or laundry owner who is owed £3000 by their club and who's kids had no presents at Christmas, meanwhile they try and amass enough points to stay up by paying 30 full-time footballers £25k per year on crowds of 1400 !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 11:22:42 AM »

halifax to Draw and we win 19-0 at weymouth giving us a goal difference of -7
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Staying up or going down?