Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should fans stick to one forum name in future?

Poll

Should the Forum be changed so that fans have to stick to one forum name in future,..like most forums ?

Yes
- 29 (51.8%)
No
- 22 (39.3%)
undecided
- 5 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: November 15, 2016, 11:17:02 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Should fans stick to one forum name in future?  (Read 13059 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Should fans stick to one forum name in future?
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 10:40:04 PM »

There is one obvious reason to keep a constant user name, and that's reputation

If one can change a username at will then it's very difficult for someone to pick them up on any inconsistencies or contradictions. It diminishes the ability to judge someone on their reputation.

For example, if I went around telling everyone I thought Young was a great appointment, people could use this information to judge my future utterances on managers. Clearly it would be worth discounting my opinion on the issue.

If I can change my username whenever I want I can conveniently lose any past errors of judgement...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Frosty

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 07:08:47 AM »

I am on quite a few forums and the Alty fans forum is the only one where usernames can be changed at will.

Although regular users can usually work out who people are, a lot of less frequent visitors do get very confused who people are and their personalities are confused.

On the plus side some of the names are very amusing.

Arsed, what I care about is the state of our once great football club!

Have you ever kissed a girl?

York Alty is back

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 07:36:27 AM »

There is one obvious reason to keep a constant user name, and that's reputation

If one can change a username at will then it's very difficult for someone to pick them up on any inconsistencies or contradictions. It diminishes the ability to judge someone on their reputation.

For example, if I went around telling everyone I thought Young was a great appointment, people could use this information to judge my future utterances on managers. Clearly it would be worth discounting my opinion on the issue.

If I can change my username whenever I want I can conveniently lose any past errors of judgement...
Nobody would behave in such a ludicrous and immature way surely?😇😇😇

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »

i think you all just enjoy a good moan and a whine and a troll , names Pah im named after a tasty potato snack or maybe some naughty smokable substance it dosnt really matter does it
FFS

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »

I am on quite a few forums and the Alty fans forum is the only one where usernames can be changed at will.
Although regular users can usually work out who people are, a lot of less frequent visitors do get very confused who people are and their personalities are confused.
On the plus side some of the names are very amusing.
Arsed, what I care about is the state of our once great football club!
Have you ever kissed a girl?

So do I  :o

Yes, but dont tell my wife!

Matt Taylor

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 04:01:58 PM »

The irony of a man who posts under the name "Pukka Pieman" advocating for greater transparency of forum users - so he can keep track of who is/isn't being critical of the board or poking fun at his community project...
If these "less frequent" visitors you appear to have canvassed are more concerned about what username Jamie is using this month than the content of the actual post, then I suggest they give their head a wobble. Unless Sybil Crowther or John Crewe happen to stumble across this forum - in which case, point taken.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 05:32:46 PM »

The irony of a man who posts under the name "Pukka Pieman" advocating for greater transparency of forum users - so he can keep track of who is/isn't being critical of the board or poking fun at his community project...
If these "less frequent" visitors you appear to have canvassed are more concerned about what username Jamie is using this month than the content of the actual post, then I suggest they give their head a wobble. Unless Sybil Crowther or John Crewe happen to stumble across this forum - in which case, point taken.

I dont keep changing my name. How on earth all these other forums ever work with people just having one forum name defeats me ::)
Oh, and the Community project that has dramatically increased AFC income to everyone's benefit,.. so you're not in favour of it then?

Matt Taylor

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 06:01:26 PM »

I dont keep changing my name. How on earth all these other forums ever work with people just having one forum name defeats me ::)
Oh, and the Community project that has dramatically increased AFC income to everyone's benefit,.. so you're not in favour of it then?

Have you always had one forum name on here Ian, or have you ever changed it?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 06:29:39 PM »

sorry to be a bore but how has the increased revenue benefited the first team ? It certainly didn't make us competive with Harrogate for example
ParkINson's red and white army

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 07:14:14 PM »

sorry to be a bore but how has the increased revenue benefited the first team ? It certainly didn't make us competive with Harrogate for example

tbh from what ive heard it wasnt about the money with harrogate , when you have a young family maybe its time to sit back with a little less time travelling ?
FFS

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2016, 07:25:20 PM »

tbh from what ive heard it wasnt about the money with harrogate , when you have a young family maybe its time to sit back with a little less time travelling ?

why did we bother saying it was due to money then ? I'm getting dizzy
ParkINson's red and white army

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:09 PM »

I think you may have missed the club statement that said we missed out on Nicky Clee because we couldn't compete financially with Harrogate Town

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2016, 12:38:28 PM »

I have only ever had one forum pseudonym but would like to think I could change it should I feel that way inclined. One of the few pleasures in life for me (and it is a simple existence I lead) is stepping into the shoes of Randy Konk before my sporadic postings. Its a process not similar to that which Mr Benn went through in the changing room without the psychedelic adventures.

On a side issue, I would be greatly disappointed if Tommy Dickfingers ditched his pseudonym in favour of something more sensible.

I'm not drunk.

Up the Alty

Jezza

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2016, 02:00:12 PM »

Yes...it would stop Alty Tunnel Steward confusing us and hiding behind ladies supporter......

York Alty is back

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »

Yes...it would stop Alty Tunnel Steward confusing us and hiding behind ladies supporter......

She must be one hell of a size for Phil to hide behind...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Should fans stick to one forum name in future?