PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton game
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Luton game  (Read 4817 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Luton game
« on: November 20, 2008, 09:35:06 AM »

That was our best chance of a good cup run.

Again we took a backward step and played Peyton, he was so out of his depth it was untrue. As quick as my gran and just very average. I could not believe he picked that ball up for the pen, my heart sunk. Why Elam has been dropped is mind puzzling. Luton for me, are very poor and there are a lot of better teams in our division. We should have gone at them.

The substitution of Chris Senior was timed so wrong. Why take him off at all ? when defenders are tiring we need that lad on. In the end we had no strikers on. I just think tactically we got it all wrong. Just look at our record with Warren starting this season and look at it with him not starting. His commitment is not debatable but as I have said in the past if you put an alty shirt on me, I will run for 120 mintues with all my heart, but I ain't good enough neither is Warren. I respect Graham, but Warren ain't good enough and our cup run has gone. Its taken me two days to get over it, I was gutted.

Come on lads pick yourselves up and lets have a great season !!!!

fuertes

Re: Luton game
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:43:22 AM »

Granted, Warren is not blessed as a natural footballer. Furthermore, I agree he played poorly against Luton. HOWEVER, it is not his fault we're out of the Cup. If you want to blame anyone, blame the guy who brought Senior down when it was a nailed-on goal. I'd say more often than not Warren's performances are solid, if not spectacular, so he doesn't deserve the amount of stick he gets on here.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »

LEAVE WARREN PEYTON ALONE FOR GOD'S SAKE  !!!

Yes he missed a penalty in an important game but get over it.  I would put my house on it that Warren is far more disappointed than you about the miss.  In fact it wasn't a bad save by the Logan, he did well to save it.

Yes he is no Maradona but what do you expect?  He gives his all and looked far fitter than some of the Luton players on Tuesday night. 

Lay off him......... 

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 10:24:28 AM »

Warren Peyton is an excellent footballer, with a brilliant left foot and stamina to match.

Every player is susceptible to errors, and Peyton is probably victimised because he takes risks in games in order to achieve things. (Frequent long balls to the front which may not get there, are testament to the character of a player who wants to succeed and influence play quickly.)

If you stuck Peyton in the team of "hoofers" that is  Histon, he'd stand out as a player with a good touch, who actually likes to attempt a driven, accurate ball..."Hoofing it" is all to an easy assumption to make.)

I'd have him in the team, and wouldnt consider the team weaker for it.

Jacko

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »

He's certainly a usefull squad player as he's played virtual everywhere on the pitch,

Graham likes him for sure so i cant see him going anywhere lets embrace him not resist ;D

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 11:27:53 AM »

Warren seems to be an easy target from some on the terraces thats all.

Warren is a more than useful squad player.   

radcliffe alty

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »

He was my player of the season 2 seasons ago, and I'd have him in my first 11 every week no problem at all.

altyf

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 08:02:33 PM »

Positionally, Warren is poor, but he is no where near as bad as some people make out. It is not at all his fault that we are out of the cup, a lot of people said after the game "why did all our chances have to fall to Peyton", and it's true, he's not the most composed player in front of goal, but at the end of the day he was the player getting into all the useful positions. Personally thought he had a good game and his penalty was well saved, not badly taken.

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »

In my opinion, Peyton was one of our better players, not our worst! He may not be the most technically gifted player, but he more than makes up for it in his work rate. The penalty could have been better, but if it would have gone in it would be a completely different story. Not his fault in the slightest.

The cup is gone now, lets focus on getting more points on the board.

Come on Alty!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »

So Warren had the pen saved its disapointing but its a bit over the top to slag him off &  make him a scape goat he played his heart out one of his best games in my opinion  .where we failed was not having anyone with the confidence to shoot from outside the box we tend to try and get into the penalty area to much Elam had a couple of chances to shoot but he takes the ball across the area instead of having a go  .

Butty

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 10:21:28 PM »

My mate got a video of that penalty and let me tell you, two inches further away from the keeper, it was on the post. I thought he had a very solid game to be honest, let's all just leave off him

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 12:26:49 AM »

He was my player of the season 2 seasons ago, and I'd have him in my first 11 every week no problem at all.

He was excellent 2 seasons ago (after I'd had initial reservations).

Warren isn't particularly first choice anymore, but let's not get carried away, we ain't that good. He's a more than useful squad player, if not any more than that.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 06:02:55 AM »

These things happen in football,i would have loved a good run into the 4th round at least,but its not to be.The players gave it their all and that is that.Lets hope they can bounce back and get the 3pts on Saturday,also hope that Cols recovered.
Harold

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »

I cannot understand why it seems to be acceptable for our manager to criticise his players in public over their performance without even questioning his own decision making as maybe, having a bearing on the outcome of our F.A.Cup exit.I do not think it is unfair for fans to criticise a player on this forum & like the original poster of this thread,having now had time to take it all on board I have to agree with all of his comments.I also agree with what's gone has gone & let's look at continuing our revitalised league form on Saturday,hopefully with three more points in the bag.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »

I have always refrained from slagging off players if I know they are not good enough. My theory is its not their fault they are being picked.

I only get annoyed at players that underperform. The ones you know can do a job but seem to fail to deliver, and we've had a few in the past.

I couldn't get to the Luton game due to personal reasons but I reckon Warren will be as gutted as any of us about the defeat. I just hope he can bounce back and put in a good performance in the next game he plays.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Luton game