News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Would be gutted to see Heathcote go

Author Topic: Would be gutted to see Heathcote go  (Read 2947 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:04:42 PM »

The performance was horrendous on Saturday and starting Aspinal and Scotty in centre mid was crazy.Aspinal had not played for weeks and to be put in a centre mid role ( the most important position ) when he is already out of his depth in this league was baffling. We are missing Val Owen big time, people who come on here and say get rid of him in January are bonkers we need Val. We needed to start with two natural midfielders in Whalley and Sedge on Saturday. We were murdered in the first half.

But at the end of the day it was the players performances apart from Lawton and Senior that hurt. One thing I know about watching Alty in the past, it may not be pretty and it may not be skillful but we have battled in games and on Saturday I was ashamed of that team. No excuse they were an embarrassment to the club. I felt like going up to the bench putting a shirt on and I would have showed more pride and passion than half the team put together. Rule number one has to be at least close players down, we never got stuck in and were second to every ball apart from Senior's goal.

Graham Heathcote has an Alty heart and I am worried that if anyone else comes in that they would put us in a financial mess. Graham and Geoff Goodwin have doen an amazing job. A job that I believe no other non-league manager could do. I come on here and question his tactics but I would be gutted to see him go. Lets see what the next couple of games can bring, if we have to get rid of players lets loose players like Aspinal, McFadden, Munroe who aren't good enough for the conference.

We need Shotton back because it isn't Tinson which keeps that defence together its Shotton. I know we can't attract players on the lowest wage in the league, but we need an attacking centre mid with an engine, right winger, centre back and strong quick forward !!! Logan didn't do nothing wrong on Saturday and a few more games he will be flying, we have to stick with him and give him a go. O'Neil only started playing well in the last 8-10 games last season so why can't Carlos be given a chance.

One last thing, bloody set pieces ???????? I'd rather the opposite team have a free kick because at least we would have more players back to defend when the ball comes straight back at us. Aspinal floating balls in like a blody sand wedge into the keepers arms when no-one ever stands on the keeper. let's stop fannying about and whip those balls in at pace into the 6 yard box, any touch could be a goal. The days of bomber Harris flick on, near post for Andy green, Paul France and others to head in. Get Tinson on front post, Lawton on keeper and make teams panic !!!!

Jenga

Re: Would be gutted to see Heathcote go
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »

The performance was horrendous on Saturday and starting Aspinal and Scotty in centre mid was crazy.Aspinal had not played for weeks and to be put in a centre mid role ( the most important position ) when he is already out of his depth in this league was baffling. We are missing Val Owen big time, people who come on here and say get rid of him in January are bonkers we need Val. We needed to start with two natural midfielders in Whalley and Sedge on Saturday. We were murdered in the first half.

But at the end of the day it was the players performances apart from Lawton and Senior that hurt. One thing I know about watching Alty in the past, it may not be pretty and it may not be skillful but we have battled in games and on Saturday I was ashamed of that team. No excuse they were an embarrassment to the club. I felt like going up to the bench putting a shirt on and I would have showed more pride and passion than half the team put together. Rule number one has to be at least close players down, we never got stuck in and were second to every ball apart from Senior's goal.

Graham Heathcote has an Alty heart and I am worried that if anyone else comes in that they would put us in a financial mess. Graham and Geoff Goodwin have doen an amazing job. A job that I believe no other non-league manager could do. I come on here and question his tactics but I would be gutted to see him go. Lets see what the next couple of games can bring, if we have to get rid of players lets loose players like Aspinal, McFadden, Munroe who aren't good enough for the conference.

We need Shotton back because it isn't Tinson which keeps that defence together its Shotton. I know we can't attract players on the lowest wage in the league, but we need an attacking centre mid with an engine, right winger, centre back and strong quick forward !!! Logan didn't do nothing wrong on Saturday and a few more games he will be flying, we have to stick with him and give him a go. O'Neil only started playing well in the last 8-10 games last season so why can't Carlos be given a chance.

One last thing, bloody set pieces ???????? I'd rather the opposite team have a free kick because at least we would have more players back to defend when the ball comes straight back at us. Aspinal floating balls in like a blody sand wedge into the keepers arms when no-one ever stands on the keeper. let's stop fannying about and whip those balls in at pace into the 6 yard box, any touch could be a goal. The days of bomber Harris flick on, near post for Andy green, Paul France and others to head in. Get Tinson on front post, Lawton on keeper and make teams panic !!!!

Just a point, if you come on here to question GH tactics then surely you do not like what he does, so why do you say he is better than alot of managers if you disagree with what he does? Just a question to which you may have a good answer to.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 07:28:58 PM »

Fair question. I have always loved Graham and we all know really we should be still in the BSN ( whatever league it is ) because it was a five year plan and this is a luxury but sometimes some of his tatics baffle me. But I want Graham to be the manager of Alty and to do well more than most so I come on here ranting and raving because to be honest it does make me feel better and I suppose thats what forums are all about but I would be gutted if he went. I would just like him to maybe look at some posts and give players like Logan a good run out, takes a player 5-6 games in a row to start performing doesn't matter how good he is. I think Graham started with Scotty and Aspinal because they are old school and thought that they would understand more about the passion of a derby than maybe Whalley and Sedge but I feel it was a wrong selection and I am gutted it didn't work.This season some team selections have been shocking but I want him to suceed and I think if you ignore the football side I think we would be playing in a purposly built sh*tty stadium like Vauxhall Motors some where  near the trafford Centre, with no tradition and atmosphere if we did not have heathcote and Geoff. A new manager would need money to buy players and my worry is getting in a financial mess again. Next few games without Senior are going to be even tougher because we will have no pace or movement up front. I just think we need to stick with Graham and see what January brings !!! That loss will be killing him like us all !! I probably haven't answered your question in all of that !!!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 07:55:33 PM »

If graham goes I am sure the board would not release any money anyway.

Butty

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 08:40:26 PM »

good idea about scotty an aspinall there oneedham, maybe it was also due to a lack of fitness (i.e tired players or ill players) that caused him to have to dig deep into his squad

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 09:00:49 PM »

I am worried that if anyone else comes in that they would put us in a financial mess.

Why?
Surely the Board sets the budget and any manager has to adhere to it. 

A job that I believe no other non-league manager could do.

On what evidence do you base this assumption?

I know we can't attract players on the lowest wage in the league

Do you know this to be a fact?

P.S. The game was on Tuesday!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 09:09:35 PM »

I am worried that if anyone else comes in that they would put us in a financial mess.

Why?
Surely the Board sets the budget and any manager has to adhere to it. 

A job that I believe no other non-league manager could do.

On what evidence do you base this assumption?

I know we can't attract players on the lowest wage in the league

Do you know this to be a fact?

P.S. The game was on Tuesday!

[/quot

We didn't play on Tuesday...it was Wednesday......we didn't play then either!!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 09:15:24 PM »

We didn't play on Tuesday...it was Wednesday......we didn't play then either!!

Mister Flynn,

Well spotted!

I'm still in a state of post-traumatic shock after yesterday's debacle and literally don't know what day it is....

Drrrrrinnnnkkkkk!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 10:39:03 PM »

glass of sherry?

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 11:41:45 PM »

We were saying after the match that in the psat couple of years we have watched alty play and even if we knew we were going to get beat we could have a laugh along the way and at least we would know that the team would put everythin out for the cause. Look at morecombe last year. No-one expected a win but the lads put their arses on the line and played their bollocks off and got a win. And even if they did lose they could walk through the bar door and look you in the eye. Yesterday, as we were clearing up after the match, one of the players watched us walk towards them near the tunnel and as we were about 5 yards away just turned his back and walked out of the ground. That pissed me off even more than his performance (or lack of it)

Disagree here. Munroe is a good player (remember last season) and also a nice bloke. Also if we lose him we have one central defender in the whole squad. Not happening in my eyes.

This is bollocks

I've never agreed with you over Logan and in all honesty he didnt play well yesterday. My mum (who is a season ticket holder at city) asked about 'our numberr 22'. I told her he was the brother of Shaleum logan and her exact words were, 'i hope he is a lot better than him then.' He didnt play well against Witton, didnt play well against nuneaton and didnt play well against V*cs. The only good game he has had in an alty shirt was against runcorn. Thats all i will say. I also disagree with you about O'neill. The last 8-10 games of last season (i would say) were probably some of joe's worst. We know he is not the most skillful of players but he will put his bollocks on the line for the cause. Yesterday when he came on he didnt stop running and played fairly well in my opinion.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 12:37:34 AM »

Gh has done a lot for alty for many years. However it is this sentimental crap that is starting to annoy me. How many managers get 3 chances to the same thing? GH is in his 3rd season at conf national level, for the 3rd season in a row we look doomed. How many mangers would survive 2 relegations on the trot? The excuses are the same, surely after 3 bloody years he has had the chance to find the players who are capable of keeping us up.

As for playing scotty and asa in midfield, surely o'neill and lawton in the middle would have been a better alternative?
Still playing two right backs in centre mid isnt brilliant. especially when one of them carnt tackle well.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »

woah there casper, you're forgetting recent history. Altrincham FC had never planned for the Conference and got there almost by accident. Don't you remember scraping into the play offs despite losing on the last day, then getting past Nuneaton and Kettering courtesy of penalties and an own goal. We've had two seasons in the Conference on a minimal budget whislt the priority was clearing the crown debt that at one time threatened to shut down the club. This season there was a little more in the pot I believe but until late on we were expecting to play in the league below. There was very little time to find players available that could compete at this level. If Graham is gulity of anything it's not getting the players he has this season to play as a team. Season before last we would have been relegated on a technicality. It was only last season that we were to have been relegated on our finishing position, and last season the team showed spirit and fight, and I don't remember any complaints.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »

UC fully agree

last year we missed out by a point.
The year before on a technicality.

This year the team are not playing together well. Why I do not know! If I did I would be the manager! :D :D :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team