PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good second half
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Good second half  (Read 3759 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Good second half
« on: December 01, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »

No one should have a go at Logan for his mistake, we all make mistakes. We were unlucky today, things are just not going our way.

We should have started with the team we ended with. That mistake could easily be down to the player not being warmed up enough or trying to adapt to game when coming on with only 20 mins left. Apart from the mistake, which did cost us Logan tracked back well and did a some good runs, always taking two players out of the game. We need to start him every game, if it doesn't work then sub him then, we can not carry on saying 'oh we've played well but we have lost again ' we need changes.

O'Neil is crap, he offers nothing to a game. He doesn't even track back well. Sedgemore needs a rocket up his a**, Whalley came on and showed his class. Whilst Val is out lets start with the team that ended that game. Robbie Lawton was class in centre mid today and his confidence is growing when he plays in his favoured position. Peyton does well tracking back but hasn't played too well recently.

Again it was chances missed, Colin had two golden chances which he should have scored but his actual play was good.Also their keeper was jammy on the line twice. Colin and Senior are s*it hot when the ball is on the floor. Our main concern is goals, the amount of quality crosses that are flying in the box but no one is there or Col and Senior are too small, but they are by far the best two with have at the moment.

Lets start Logan and Whalley from the start for a few games and I am sure we will score the goals. Warren can never take people on and O'Neil is just lost on the pitch we need at least one quality winger, said this all season. I was gutted about Logan's mistake but I think he feels he has to try really hard when he comes on and when a player is not warmed up completely you may get the odd mistake, but he was still dangerous and can create opportunities.

I would like to think we could get something from Torquay but I can not see it. So after that game get the likes of Logan, Whalley, Val playing every week and get Sedgmore, O'Neil and maybe Peyton out who are just not performing !!! We need changes

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: Good second half
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 06:13:42 PM »

You say we were unlucky then dissect the team performance to show it for what it was. Just not good enough. Teams don't have to play well to beat Altrincham, they just have to be sharp enough to punish the mistakes.

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 07:46:32 PM »

The truth is we are not good enough as a team and relegation beckons.

Lets hope we are not too far adrift by the transfer window and we still have a chance to stay up.

The first few games i saw carlos he was outstanding, since then i have to say he has not done much to light my fire and is posibly now over rated, he can still take players on though but the final ball needs to better but we need men in the box.

Whalley has only just come back from injury, he will play more soon enough.

Get something from Touquay?  A stick of rock is all we will get from there.

A dissapointing day.

Roll on next week and 6 points from the slime (i hope).

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »

As I put on another thread we should have got something today, the heads dropped after the logan blunder. I must say that he did not impress today.

Joe lacks confidence.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 10:06:09 PM »

I can't comment on today as I wasn't there. However, it would seem that some inspired signings are required in January if we are to stand any chance of staying up. GH has already stated his intention to try and address this so between now and then we must hope that we pick up as many points as possible.

We proved on Monday night we are capable of playing well but it's all about cutting out the stupid mistakes. I must admit I was slightly mystified when I read Scotty was the "first name on the teamsheet" for today's game in GH's eyes. I should begin by saying he's an Alty legend in my eyes but the mistakes on Monday night showed how exposed we are in this position. I would have been inclined to try Peyton there again but the problem has existed for a long time and maybe January will see the problem solved. The bottom line is that the striker, midfielder and left back we bring in need to be like Ryan Shotton and loan players with this level of commitment and ability are like rocking horse sh*t.

Speaking of Ryan Shotton, what are the chances we will be able to keep him after his current loan deal expires?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:11:47 PM by Alty365 »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 09:17:22 AM »

Slim I would have thought is there a rule over 1 month extensins?

Why was Munroe not playing yesterday he played well at Stevenage?

Agrre with other people we are making too many mistakes and they are costing us dear.

Are histon part time? There players were full of running or is it due to there league position?

Butty

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »

Why was Munroe not playing yesterday he played well at Stevenage?

because tinson is never gonna be dropped because hes a good player and so is shotton. So where will he fit in?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 11:26:13 AM »

Have we  tried him at left back  ;)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 11:29:55 AM »

If Ryan is going in two weeks he should be involved more (Munroe)?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 11:40:47 AM »

Karl Munroe was injured with an achilles problem.

scouseboy

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 01:01:06 PM »

Hi folks, it was my first Alty game yesterday, the first of many I hope and I have to agree with most of what oneedham says but the thing that  really annoyed me was when the guys kept the ball on the floor they looked like scoring but how many times was the ball belted upfield for their defenders (who must have had an average height of 7'6")to win every ball.  The two lads up front have a really good understanding but have no chance of winning headers against defenders twice their size. I think Alty will stay up this year but while they remain part time they will never be able to compete with the rest of this league

Narcissist

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 01:26:16 PM »

Hi folks, it was my first Alty game yesterday, the first of many I hope and I have to agree with most of what oneedham says but the thing that  really annoyed me was when the guys kept the ball on the floor they looked like scoring but how many times was the ball belted upfield for their defenders (who must have had an average height of 7'6")to win every ball.  The two lads up front have a really good understanding but have no chance of winning headers against defenders twice their size. I think Alty will stay up this year but while they remain part time they will never be able to compete with the rest of this league

Is that you Chris Senior? You don't fool us.

If you ask me Whalley should start as many games as possible. The more we attack the less pressure there is on our vulnerable back four. People keep saying we're a good side and unlucky or we were the better team. The fact is the better team doesn't have a right-footed left back, the better team doesn't gift goal after goal each game.

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »

Whalley is coming back from an injury so it's probably just a case of breaking him back into things gently.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2007, 03:59:20 PM »

Whalley is coming back from an injury so it's probably just a case of breaking him

Good grief, don't break him! ! ! ! ! !

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »

Have we  tried him at left back  ;)

Yes we did. In one of the pre season matches. Bbut then again, we tried most people at left back in pre season
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Good second half