News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Heads back on the Conference

Author Topic: Heads back on the Conference  (Read 1460 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:42:45 PM »

I thought the lads played really well on saturday. We matched Millwall first half. I love this club so much and we need to stay in the conference but we won't do that with players like Joe and Sedgmore. Those two were rubbish on Sat and have been all season. Joe is useless in any position and Sedgemore is lazy with no stamina. Lets always start with Logan because he will always drag two players out of the game. We miss Val Owen so much, it is going to take a special player to replace his work rate. The boys did good on Sat, but still devastated to being out of the FA Cup.

Alex

Re: Heads back on the Conference
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:56:58 PM »

in truth logan doesn't do much either except stand arounnd and wait for the ball to come to him rather than go and try to win the ball in the first place, then he doesn't do much when he has it tbh sure he knocks it past a few people but then time after time he fails to deliver a half decnt cross or shot so he can hardly be held up as an example of how other players should be. as for sedge i think most people knopw my views on him so i wont go on. joe is a diffrent player from last year i don't know why? but he still runs and works hard for the team even though his technique lets him down. what we need now is for the team to show some fight and battle for there lives and show the same spirit they did towards the end of last season (only managing to avoid the drop this time  :))

Daycare Dan

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 01:39:05 PM »

Joe was being slated on here for the first half of last season and ended up player of the year. Maybe it takes him time to get going in a season. What I do know is he has scored a vital goal away at York and did the same a few times last year. Playing on the wing won't help, but he does the job asked of him by the management. At Alty you don't get player of the year for nothing.

Alex

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »

At Alty you don't get player of the year for nothing.

TOO TRUE  joe did seem to find his shooting boots after halifax away last year so lets see what happens
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team